I had a day to myself today, and it was wonderful!

• Hi,

I scheduled to take a personal day off from work today, and I had a wonderful day! I exercised this morning, then went to our library book sale. I found Matthew ten books for a dime apiece, a stack of magazines for myself for ten cents each, and an Anne Geddes coffee table book for my friend Barbara for two dollars!

After that I went to Sears and bought new sneakers-I've killed my old ones. I also found a really cute pair of lace up black sandals. I'm one of the only women on this planet that hates shoe shopping, so I was glad to find those at the same time as the sneakers. Then I bought two pairs of capri pants (black and tan) in two sizes smaller than the ones I wore last summer-that really made my day

Then I had lunch out-I gave myself permission to go off program, did a bit more clothes shopping in fashion bug (a blue lace shirt and some long dangly earrings in different colors) Then browsed the furniture store-we're looking for new sofa and loveseat for our family room.

Spent some time outside cause it was almost seventy degrees

Came home, read a book and relaxed....

It's nice to treat yourself sometimes

Back to work tomorrow, but I'm not thinking about that now.

Take care,
    Sherry
  • Good for you Sherry. It's nice to be able to have a day to yourself once in a while.
  • That sounds like such a great day. Good for you!!!
  • Sounds like heaven...
    I'm sure it did a lot for your soul
  • Sherry, it sounds like you have a wonderful day. It is always so soothing to have a day for yourself.