Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2003, 09:55 PM   #16  
JML
Success Story!!!

Sandy, great new pic! I noticed it right away. Not Irish here, but I did wear a green top today anyway. A friend brought up some soda bread this weekend. Ohh, was that good. I ate way too much of that this weekend, but I really enjoyed it. I think I won't lose anything this week because I lost so much last week and because I ate alot more than usual this weekend, but that's ok. I'm back in the swing of things today. I think it's actually good to mix things up a little now and then - to eat a lowcal diet for a week or a few weeks, and then to have a day or two of eating more.
Old 03-18-2003, 12:41 AM   #17  
Gonna fly now!

S/C/G: 280/280/150

Height: 5'6

Ah, yes, me lads and lassies ~ I've Irish on both sides of me family!
I wanted to post earlier in the day ~ this is my favorite day of the year (outside of the Biggie holidays like Christmas and Easter) and I've been partying today!

I wore a huge Leprechaun Hat and lots o' green! I direct a children's handbell choir on Mondays and we had a St. Patty's party! Those girls were so cute! They started dancing to the Irish music I had playing, and then we all joined hands and danced in a circle, even the parents! I was really tired but at least got exercise today!

Hope everyone has had a great day with lots of shamrocks and pots o' gold!

Love, irishwings
Old 03-18-2003, 09:59 AM   #18  

Your handbell choir sounds like so much fun! My dh direct one for a couple year before me moved to Arizona. I know that he misses it (and I miss hearing it). You must have gotten great exercise yesterday dancing! I wish I could have done the same, but I got a big fat 0 point day. I'll do better today, I promise!
Old 03-18-2003, 03:06 PM   #19  
Gonna fly now!

S/C/G: 280/280/150

Hey Denise! That is so cool that dh directed handbells! They are so much fun, and what's really great, even if a child doesn't read music they can still play music with bells!

I bet there is a great church somewhere there where you are in Arizona that would be THRILLED and OVERJOYED to have him direct a bell choir! Great volunteers are so hard to find! And working with the kids is so rewarding, they are so sweet; and when I see them succeed, it just warms me heart, all the way to the tip o' me soul! *smiles* irishwings
Old 03-23-2003, 01:42 PM   #20  
Getting Back In Control

What a great group you have here - so much support and comraderie! Wonderful to see "roosters" posting too! Have been away for about 2 years now. Big mistake! Gained back what I lost through emotional eating when my Dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer. We took care of him at home for about a year before he died. It took a huge toll on all of us, however, we would do it again in a flash. There was by far more joy than sadness but it is a two edged sword and it hurts, no matter what.

The benefit is that we all had lots of one on one time with him throughout the year so we were able to say everything that we wanted to before it was too late. He was a wonderful person and showed just how much so in the way that he dealt with having three daughters take care of him. We never heard him say one negative thing to us regardless of what inept thing we did as we learned how to do the things he needed done. And the role reversal was very hard on him (an Italian Papa never imagines his children will be taking care of him!). He did his best to take care of us until the day he was gone - making sure that all the arrangements had been taken care of, his estate was all in order, the will was updated, etc. He made sure that after his death everything would be as easy as possible for us.

The whole family is just now beginning to return to "normal" (like it will ever be normal without our Dad! He was the center of the family!) We all put on wieght but are now actively working to get it back off. All of us are using WW to do so and it makes for great family dinners - no worries about going off plan at them unless we don't watch portion sizes. We are all doing pretty well but have our moments as shadows from the last year pop up at the subconcious level and grab us before we understand what is happening. Once we realize what is going on, we are back in control and can stay on track once again.

I'm glad to be back reading and posting again. Lurked for a few days before I posted but the feeling here is the same as it was 2 years ago. Caring and concern for others seems to be a predominate feature of this group. And you are all so positive in your replies to each other - that is a real plus for everyone! You will be a big part of my journey to goal weight. I don't have as much time to read and post as before but will make every effort to be here everyday.

Thank you all for being so supportive to others. Take good care of yourselves!
Old 03-23-2003, 07:46 PM   #21  

Ginney,

Welcome back! I'm so sorry about the loss of your father My father passed away from cancer in 1995, so I know what you've been through. My biggest regret is that he was not alive for the birth of our son, Matthew. But I see some of Matthew in him-his mischevious grin comes right from my father! The pain never totally goes away, but after a while you stop feeling like your heart was ripped out.

Hugs,
Sherry
Old 03-24-2003, 06:46 AM   #22  
Long Time Member

Ginny! I remember you!!! Glad to see you back!!! I'm so sorry about the loss of your father. No matter how much you know it's coming, you are never quite prepared. Hugs to you.
Old 03-24-2003, 09:32 AM   #23  

Ginny, I'm glad that you have found us again. I am so sorry to hear about your dad, but I am glad that you have found such peace.
Welcome back! I have only been around for about a year, so I don't remember you, but am looking forward to getting to know you!
Old 03-25-2003, 03:02 PM   #24  
Long Time Member

Hi all!!!

Been a while since I just Posted to say Hi!!

Life is pretty good, Jacob is healthy, everyone is working and there are no family crisis to speak of. Of course, there is the WAR, I just pray that it ends swiftly and safely for our troops.

On the diet front, well, March hasn't been my month. Where I lost 11 lbs in Jan...10 lbs in Feb, I have gained 8.5 so far in March. Kinda fell off the wagon. I know I will be getting it together soon. The one thing that I will NOT do is run and hide or make any excuses to myself. What I need from you guys is to call a spade a spade. If I start feeding you guys a line of crap about how I don't need to journal or I'm not going to count calories, just make smart choices. Stop me right there!!!! That's what I do when I don't want to be accountable anymore.

I also want to tell you guys how much I just love each and every one of you!! You guys are always there for me. I can't imagine where I'd be on this journey without you!! And a special thanks to Dana who supports me on a daily basis and Sherry who always checks on me! You guys are the greatest!!!
Old 03-25-2003, 03:13 PM   #25  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Something AMAZING happened today...

A girl (skinney, beautiful) in my office caled my office and said:
"I need your help!"
My response (which is usual) was:
"But I'm not a licensed psychaitrist."
She said:
"No, I need a licensed nutritionist."
I laughed and asked her what was up and she said she needed some suggestions for lunch, good carbs, high protein, etc.
I WAS SO FLATTERED! I am the fattest girl in the office and she was asking ME for help! Omigawd! So, I asked her what kind of protein she wanted, what kinds of carbs, etc etc and gave her two excellent choices for lunch. She was so excited because she had never thought of them.

Hee! It doesn't take much to make my day!
Old 03-25-2003, 03:22 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally posted by JacobsMommy
On the diet front, well, March hasn't been my month. Where I lost 11 lbs in Jan...10 lbs in Feb, I have gained 8.5 so far in March. Kinda fell off the wagon.
take it from us, maybe having the "perfect" month isn't the way to go. i lost 6 in feb, gained back 3 of it. that was my first real "gain" issue since i started. burning yourself out is NOT the way to go.
Old 03-25-2003, 03:32 PM   #27  
Long Time Member

Amen to that!!
Old 03-25-2003, 03:32 PM   #28  

I have been really stressed out lately. Life is definately a challenge right now. Let me just tell you about my last week. It is kind of long, so bare with me (or just skip over it and pretend you read it).

Last Wednesday, the little girl I babysit for (she's 6) didn't come over because her mom was sick. I had a good friend of mine come over instead. She parked in my driveway. They were here about 1/2 hour and I get a phone call from the little girls dad. They were at the doctor's office and getting ready to take mom to the hospital via ambulance. He asked if I could pick Shelby up. I said yes, I'd be there in ten minutes. So, I get in my truck and back up and SMASH into my friends car. My mind was just trying to get to this little girl who was alone at her mother's doctor scared out of her wits. So anyway, I did a good amount of damage to her car and my insurance is going to go up.
So then Thursday, my wedding ring kept falling off my finger. I was taking the kids swimming and I didn't want to lose it. So I took it off and put it on the counter. I thought about putting it back on Thursday night, but decided to leave it off because I was taking the kids back to the pool on Friday and didn't want to forget to take it off again. So, when I went to put it back on Friday, it was MIA. I have looked everywhere and haven't found it.
Well, I am finally beginning to feel better about everything and get this frantic call from my dh yesterday and all he says to me is "I don't think that I have a job". We do not have the $$ for him to lose his job. Well, this war has really taken a toll of the travel industry and the airline announced yesterday that they are laying off 10% of all management (which my dh just so happens to be, as well as the having the least amount of seniority and experience in his department). So, I am very nervous.

Sorry for the long complaint, I just thought I'd get it off my chest.

Sandi, I you did just awesome in Jan and Feb, so don't get too worried about March. We all have our falls, as long as you get back up and start over again that is all that matters.
Old 03-25-2003, 03:52 PM   #29  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Denise! I'm sooo sorry!

What a miserable week! I hope things get better. My Cute Boyfriend is getting laid off at the end of April and I know what it feels like to be going through that. Come vent anytime!

Jessica
Old 03-25-2003, 03:56 PM   #30  
Long Time Member

HUgs to you Denise!! What a week!!! DH did the smash into a car in the driveway bit a few years ago and I have almost done it twice since. Your just not used to having a car in the driveway!! Sorry about the missing ring...did you ask the kiddos?? Losing your job can be so scary, just keep posting and we'll get you through this!!!
Closed Thread