Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2003, 05:44 PM   #1  
missaprylj

Angry 180 Turn... Almost!

Five hours ago, I hated myself. I just sat here, thinking.... and realized that I have weighed the same thing for about a year now. I was thinking about all of the pathetic excuses I've made for myself and it makes me sick. I was (and still do) feel so down and out and like I've been lying to everyone here about being all enthusiastic and everything... then it hit me.

This is as easy as I make it.

I'm going to get going. What am I waiting for? I went for a walk for an hour and a half (hey, when it's 60 degrees here in March, we take advantage of it! LOL) I made a list of 50 reasons why I want to do this and I feel like I can't break that promise to myself. I'm going to do it, and I think it is mostly thanks to you all because you inspire me and I know that you're behind me ---even when I'm not.--- So now I'm asking for your help. Any words of wisdom or bits of help or tips for me? I really want to do this again--- I am the most determined person I know, so if I apply myself, it will happen. Thanks everyone, sorry for being so long. Have a GREAT week. I will... I'm back. Peace. ApRyL

Old 03-16-2003, 05:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

i need to get on it too. i HAD motivation and all that, but it's going downhill. this is finals week, then classes change, the wearther is changing, and i will make the change in my daily life.

i can't wait till i start swimming. it will be so good.
Old 03-16-2003, 06:06 PM   #3  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Apryl -

It's nice to see you back! It looks to me like you've found the motivation you need. I, too, have been struggling. I am trying to get over it be being accountable and setting goals. I see that you have an Easter goal, so that's a good start! As far as accountability, I encourage you to continue to post honestly here, and to be honest with yourself. My big honest revelation: I gained 3 pounds this week and it is no one's or nothing's fault but my own. I didn't take my diet seriously, and it bit me in the (_Y_).

Welcome back...oh, yeah - BE PROUD of the fact that you've lost 23 pounds and kept it off for a year!
Old 03-16-2003, 10:16 PM   #4  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

This is just what I have been thinking today. Seeing the end of this winter weather has really been an inspiration as well.

I know I am capable of so much. I've done a lot with my life already and there is a lot I can still do. This effort to lose weight should be no different than anything else I have tried to do. Why can't I make it happen??

I started out this year with some goals and I haven't even come close to accomplishing any of them. It isn't that they were pie in the shy goals, very reasonable and attainable goals in fact. I just haven't been giving it 100%, heck I haven't even been giving it 10%. I've been going along the same as I always have making excuses for eating too much or eating unhealthy foods and for not exercising. If I am honest with myself I've had tons of time to do a lot of things that would have helped me accomplish my goals but I've done practically nothing. I was doing fairly well with my journalling, not really eating or exercising all that well but journalling none the less and then the baby was sick on and off for a month and I got derailed. It wasn't a life and death situation but as a first time mom I still was thrown out of my routines. I am looking at it as a learning experience and trying not to let it upset me too much. I have learned that upsets in life aren't always excuses to let things go.

I think now that some spring weather is here we will all find some motivation to get active and eat better. We are all strong capable women, we can do this if we start giving our efforts 100%.
Old 03-17-2003, 10:54 AM   #5  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Aptyl that ia a huge revelation. Good for you. I know you will and can do it!! just stand strong and realize that there will be some slips and some slides but if you keep the goal infront of you you will make it!!! if you do not try where will you be?
Old 03-17-2003, 11:04 AM   #6  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Isn't it great how sometimes it just hits you!!! It sounds like you have some great motivation right now. Run with it.

I too am "starting" again today. I feel good.

I want to express to you how great I think it is that you have stayed the same weight for a year. I am either losing or gaining. No maintaining...ever. I am so proud of you that you are in control enough to maintain. I believe that is an awesome accomplishment.
Old 03-17-2003, 11:28 AM   #7  

Apryl, It is great to see you back, and with your rear in gear as well! Wahoo for you! You should be proud of yourself. Maintaining any weight loss is a tremendous feat and 20 pounds for over a year is just great! You have taken the biggest step in saying that you are starting again.
I think that a lot of us are with you in starting over again! I know I am. Maybe that weather change has been a big old kick in the butt for all of us!
Old 03-17-2003, 10:43 PM   #8  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

How did today go????
Old 03-17-2003, 10:48 PM   #9  
missaprylj

Eh. I was pretty sick, so not really well.... but I didn't eat constantly like I normally do when I'm sick!! So that's good. I also tried to drink some water, so I'm proud. Tomorrow is going to be a great day though! Thanks for asking! Peace. -Apryl-

Closed Thread