3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   So Small, But So Great! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/256945-so-small-but-so-great.html)

Resipoo 04-14-2012 01:55 PM

So Small, But So Great!

I've been frustrated with my small losses (on the scale). Well for the first time yesterday, I noticed my clothes were getting LOOSER. Not too loose to wear--just noticebly looser. I was so happy I almost cried.:dizzy:;)

I have such a long way to go but it really helps when you can FEEL progress. I'm so thankful for all of the support on this site. I read it several times per day. It helps me fight my desire to eat (and I'm hungrier than ever lately).

sluggerbean 04-14-2012 05:32 PM

:woohoo:

It does feel great doesn't it!! Remember that all of the small losses add up!! Keep up the good work!!!

dlp22 04-14-2012 06:29 PM

I totally know what you mean.

Underwater 04-15-2012 12:02 AM

Buying jeans 1 size smaller was a really great feeling. The numbers on the scale are very abstract, and when I look in the mirror, I still see myself 30 lbs ago, but knowing I am wearing a size smaller jeans makes me feel like I'm making real progress.

I'm so happy for you :)

SmallSteps 04-15-2012 02:24 AM

Good for you!! Small losses add up to big life altering changes!!

Martine 04-15-2012 08:58 AM

Resipoo, success is weighed not just on a scale, but by how you feel about yourself. Clothes feeling looser is a great way to measure success, way to go and keep it up!

Resipoo 04-15-2012 02:39 PM

Yes, I see that Martine. It was weird because at first I really thought I was imagining the change. I've been feeling a lot better too. I attribute that to eating better and being kinder to my body. Thanks for all of the positive thought. I'm hoping to accomplish my weight loss goal in a year.

Luceia 04-15-2012 02:52 PM

Noticing looser clothes is the BEST FEELING!! Congrats! :)

Resipoo 04-15-2012 08:00 PM

So, I've fallen off the wagon big time today. I not only had a huge binge, but I purged too. It's been a long time since I did the latter. I'm trying to figure out what happened here. I was feeling so great. Then I started craving chocolate cake. I couldn't accept that I'd eaten it (and other stuff) so I threw up.

I feel like crap.

Justwant2Bhealthy 04-15-2012 08:25 PM

OK, so you made a mistake; now, just regroup and continue on tomorrow. The purging was just a reaction to the mistake -- now, forgive yourself and keep going. This is the way to overcome "emotional responses" like that ... :hug:

junebug44 04-16-2012 03:49 PM

Hugs to you Resipoo :hug:

Madame Souza 04-16-2012 04:27 PM

Good for you! It's great to have looser clothing. It is when you realize yeah, I really am loosing weight. The numbers on the scale seem abstract to me.

Resipoo 04-16-2012 11:33 PM

Today was a better day. I stayed on track and fought really hard not to binge. I was even faced with my favorite pizza and turned it down. Really trying here...