Question for Calorie Counters...

• Quick question for those of you here who count calories. I'm thinking for the pregnancy, I'm going to try to count calories. I definitely don't want to go crazy over the next 9 months and put on a ton of weight! But, I want to make sure I am getting enough for me and the baby. Anywho, my question is (and this seems REALLY stupid), how many calories in fruit and fresh veggies? I eat a lot of apples, oranges, bananas, raw broccoli, cauliflower, etc. But, I'm not sure how to count them for calories. I've heard fruit has about 60/serving and veggies about 25/serving. Is that about right? Do you guys just estimate?

Thanks for any help.

For a quick update, I went to the dr.'s yesterday morning and they confirmed pregnancy. The nurse is estimating me to be about 5 weeks along & my due date to be 11/13/2003. My first official OB visit will be on 4/21, and that date can't come quick enough! Thanks for all your well-wishes and congratulations. I'm still in quite a bit of shock about the whole thing. DH is absolutely estatic
  • Here's my favorite site that will provide you will alllll sorts of info on fruits and veggies.

http://www.aboutproduce.com/

It will give you calories and nutrients. Very helpful site!
  • Kayla -

Please remember this: NO ONE EVER GOT FAT FROM EATING TOO MANY FRUITS AND VEGETABLES!!!!

My best advice to you would be to continue to eat healthily, like you have been for this last 100+ pounds. Be sure to eat PLENTY of fruits and veggies, and make sure you get some more calcium. Remember to take your prenatal vitamins - you'll find they even make your nails and hair grow twice as fast! (At least, that's how it worked for me.)

I think if you stay away from the junk food and continue to eat healthly foods, you won't have to worry about excess weight gain. When you visit the OB, let him/her know upfront that you've lost a lot of weight and are concerned about putting it back on. He/she can help allay your fears.
  • i use http://www.calorieking.com

i am going to be really interested to see what happens to a person's weight when they're pregnant... when they are someone very determined and aware like you. it's like our own little study!