3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   What have you tried? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/25618-what-have-you-tried.html)

Sandi 03-12-2003 12:06 PM

What have you tried?

My mother-in-law has started seattle sutton and one of my friends is now trying accupuncture. All in the pursuit of weight loss. It really got me to thinking about how much time, effort and money I have spent over the years trying to lose weight. I have tried:

Counting Calories
Weight Watchers
Tops
Overeaters Anonymous
Jenny Craig
Richard Simmons Food Mover
Working with a Personal Trainer (high protein)
Fit for life (food combining)
Meridia
Metabolife
Dexatrim
Slimfast
Dr. Prescribed weight-loss pills
Coffee/tomato diet
Cabbage soup diet
Atkins
The zone
Psychiatrist
Hypnotist
Health seminars
Nutritionist (exchanges)
Starvation

I'm sure there are many more. What have you tried??

gonzostar 03-12-2003 12:08 PM

i've tried a much shorter list:

Counting Calories
Weight Watchers
Metabolife (for like, one bottle)
Slimfast
Nutritionist (she sucked)

sigh. counting calories is the way to go for me. =)

Sheila53 03-12-2003 12:20 PM

My family doctor gave me speed when I was in high school, although he said I didn't need to lose weight. It worked--but the side effects, wow!

In my "natural phase", I tried a local naturopath who had a vegetarian program that included tofu. I can't remember the name of it.

Purging (that landed me in the hospital)

A low carb diet--can't remember which one.

A dietician recommended by my doctor.

Weight Watchers, which is the only way I've ever lost weight.

Raelynn 03-12-2003 12:41 PM

I'm probably the odd one out, but until now I've never tried to lose weight. I just didn't care before, I know it bothered me that I was overweight, but I honestly did not try to lose weight until last summer.

Jo 03-12-2003 12:58 PM

It might be easier to list what I haven't tried!

I've been "dieting" since I was about nine, so I have quite an extensive list. Since I'm getting older, though, I probably only remember half of them :lol:

Let's see . . .
Weight Watchers (three or four times)
Jenny Craig
Counting Calories
Zone
Dean Ornish
Carbohydrate Addicts Diet (CAD)
Physician's Weight Loss
Nutri-System
12-day Diet
Grapefruit Diet
Sugar Busters
Thin-n-Healthy
Richard Simmon's Deal-a-Meal
Richard Simmon's Food Mover
Dexatrim
Revival Soy
Slim Fast
Xenadrine
Cabbage Soup Diet
Diabetic Exchange

Besides Revival Soy & Slim Fast, there was another "shake" program that I did. I don't remember the name of it, but I remember throwing up the shakes :shrug:

I should be the thinnest person in the world right now :)

csbutton 03-12-2003 01:00 PM

Me:
Weigh Down Workshop
Weight Watchers
Optifast
Slimfast
Atkins (I still watch my carbs tho for health reasons)
Cambridge Diet
Therapy
Metabolife
Soup Diet
Hollywood Diet
Nutritionist
Deal-a-Meal (Richard Simmons)
Self Imposed starvation and exercise
Prescribed Diet pills (don't remember what they were my parents put me on them when I was younger)

All this never worked cuz I love EATING. I love flavors and textures. Which is why I had the lap-band surgery in December. It's working for me, cuz I can still enjoy my food.

muelledk 03-12-2003 01:08 PM

Raelynn, I'm with you. Until last January, I really didn't care what I weighed, so I never tried to lose weight.

SuchAPrettyFace 03-12-2003 01:32 PM

The Body Shop--sponsored through our hospital, a program for overweight kids. I think I still have the book somewhere. I was 9 or 10.

In 6th grade I received a very old Weight Watchers booklet from my counselor. All that weighing & measuring? Too much work for a 12 y/o.

Phentermine. Lost about 70#, gained back 100, am now down 42 from that.

Dietician (exchanges)

Xenadrine (blech--helped me to not eat by making me feel pukey all day, but on speed as well, :lol: )

AngiKL 03-12-2003 01:34 PM

Like some of you, I'm sure I can't remember them all!

Weight Watchers (at least 8 times)
Jenny Craig
Phen Fen (thankfully only for 2 weeks)
Carb Addicts
Overeaters Anonymous
No wheat, or any kind of sugar for 6 months
Weigh Down Workshop
Nutritionist
Slimfast
Ediets

Goddess Jessica 03-12-2003 07:14 PM

My favorite diet:
Bingers Diet, where whatever you can stuff in your face when no one is looking is free calories. :)

Charbar 03-12-2003 07:37 PM

weight watchers - atleast 20 times since I was about 13.
Now doing weight watchers by myself.

That's it

rochemist 03-12-2003 08:52 PM

It seems like I have always been on some diet. Mostly of my own design. My most succesful (so far) was Dr. Dean Ornish's Eat More Weigh Less. I lost 100 lbs on that but I was starving for 2 years. I have taken all the pills, I have starved myself, I have binged and purged (oh yeah when you quit and your body has to start digesting food you will be so ill!!!!). I have low fat it, low carbed it, cabbage souped it. Bleach. I am doing BFL because Bill looks at it from a whole person giving instead of taking.

Miss Chris

Daners 03-12-2003 10:05 PM

I'm with Raelynn and Denise for the most part.

I tried a couple of things but never seriously, like Slim Fast and appetite supressoin pills, never for more than a day or two a piece though.

WW is the only "formal" attempt I've made, and so for me, the success has been fabulous so far, and I feel like this is something I can live with forever, not just until I'm where I want to be.

JML 03-12-2003 11:28 PM

Mostly, I've tried to lose weight through exercise. I've never done any formal program. I know now that exercise is only part of the deal. I have to keep my calories in range in order to lose.

jiffypop 03-13-2003 12:23 AM

wow!!! let's see what i can remember. and folks, this list will show you all just how old i am!!!

ayds, the diet candy
amphetamines
thyroid supplements
stillman
atkins
WW [several times]
richard simmons
and more but i have to go to sleep now...