3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   It's the Little Things (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/255722-its-little-things.html)

DaugT 03-27-2012 01:29 PM

It's the Little Things

Anyone else find that they are forming little habits to (hopefully) help themselves along?
Mine feel more like a good luck charm if I do them. Which I am sure they are more good luck than actually making an impact on my weight. LOL

First I started with only using the bathroom upstairs in my house. I work at home, so figure I might as well add several trips up and down the stairs to my day.

Then I started doing the whole, park farther way technique whenever I have to go somewhere.

Then this week without really thinking about it I started doing step-ups on the curb.. while I wait for the school bus I stand there and step on and off the curb until it shows up. I can only imagine how ridiculous I look to everyone driving by, but whatever. LOL

What are your little good luck habits? :D

kateleestar 03-27-2012 02:11 PM

I do stuff like that. Especially the bathroom thing, I might as well go up and down stairs!

And I'll jog in place while I wait for my kettle to whistle.. Or make sure I get 6K steps before I leave work. Stuff like that. :D

bargoo 03-27-2012 04:48 PM

I do lunges in the elevator, as long as I am the only passenger.

CHUNKEY_MUNKEY 03-27-2012 09:29 PM

bargoo ... im not knocking that ... think its great that you fit your workouts in ....

but i cant lie ... if i was the person watching the security tapes id giggle if i saw someone doing lunges in the elevator

:p

jitterfish 03-28-2012 02:30 AM

Argh lunges, I just cannot do them!

Mine is taking the stairs more, at work we have a lot of buildings and a lot of stairs so I use to always take the elevators everywhere. Now I purposely go up hills and stairs, walking the long way especially on days where I have to do a lot of office work.

I also jump around a lot. In the lab I will bounce around, skip etc. My students think I'm a little nuts (I teach at a university) but it makes them laugh and I get more activeness!

DaugT 03-28-2012 08:06 AM

Bargoo... I say do 'em even when there are others.. .maybe they'll join in!!
I love that!
Jitterfish, I bet you bouncin' around the lab keeps your students paying better attention overall too! :)

Good idea on the jogging in place Kate. I should start trying that when waiting on the oven, etc. It's about as close to running as I'll ever get. LOL

InsideMe 03-28-2012 08:43 AM

I actually got excited a couple of months ago when I went to my doctor's I usually always took the elevator. I thought forget it I'm going to use the stairs! I went up 2 flights of stairs and wasn't even winded! I FELT AMAZING!!! I could have never done that last summer! So now I do it cause I CAN DO IT, I always take the stairs, park far away, run sometimes from a far parking space :)

Justwant2Bhealthy 03-28-2012 04:34 PM

When I go shopping, whether at the grocery or department store, or wherever -- I walk around the total perimeter of the store (all the outside aisles) whether I need stuff there or not ... just to get more walking in!

I do hand-weights & chair situps/aerobics while reading on this site; and I put on bouncy music, and do upper body dancing movements too. I get up every 30 minutes, stretch, and walk around (from one end of our house to the other; it's long). That's good for commercial breaks if you watch TV too. :D