Motivational Sayings

• I am always looking for new motivational sayings. Please share your favorites!!

"No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everyone on the couch."
  • "If you think a weight loss program is too restrictive, take a step back and realize how restrictive being overweight is. It limits your outlook on life, your activities, the clothes you wear, your mental state, your physical performance, your job performance, your relationships, and your overall quality of life. We only get ONE life: live it to the fullest and take care of the one thing you can control -- your health!!"

"Being fat is hard. Losing weight is hard. Pick your hard"
  • I'm not in it to win the race, I am just in it to finish. Dont know if its a quote but its something I realized while pushing myself to hard on the treadmill a few days ago
  • "Nothing tastes as good as being healthy feels"

"Don't you dare complain about being fat and then eat a bag of chips"
  • I keep a list of these on my PC for hard times. Some are well know sayings while others are from postings here. Here it is:

Lori Bell - DOn't give up this time. Keep on going. If you can't walk, crawl. It is worth every amount of effort you put into it.

"Being fat is hard. Losing weight is hard. Maintaining weight is hard. Choose your hard." Author unknown

If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

Robin - "The only thing standing between who you are and who you want to be is what you do."

You've got to say, ''I think that if I keep working at this and want it bad enough I can have it.'' It's called perseverance. - Lee Iacocca

Don't dig your grave with your own knife and fork. ~English Proverb

"The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination." (Tommy Lasorda)

"Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right!" (Henry Ford)

Lyn - I won't stay fat and be crippled. I won't sit in a chair and watch life go by. I refuse.
  • I like the quote that is in my sig. I picked it up somewhere or another (maybe here) when I got back to losing after several years off. I was really down about all the missed progress from the time I was slacking, and the new weight I had to lose (again).

The quote reminds me to stick with it, because, next year, no matter which year is next year, I will wish I had been doing it all along.
  • Time2lose,
    I just copied your inspirational thoughts and sent it to my children. Thanks
    A lot honey.
  • I have this tacked to my bathroom mirror:

"KEEP GOING. That pain you feel? That's fear melting away like wax off a candle. That's weakness washing out of your pours like a monsoon. That's the old you being shed away like dead skin. That's the new you. Rising out of the ashes of your former self."
  • "Don't complain about the results you didn't get from the hard work you didn't do." Makes me feel enough shame for complaining about my weight all these years to DO something about it!
  • "Fall down seven times, get up eight" -Chinese proverb

"There are plenty of difficult obstacles in your path. Don't allow yourself to become one of them." - Ralph Marston, Author and Publisher of The Daily Motivator

"You have to do what others won't to achieve what others don't." - Unknown

"Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you." - Ralph Waldo Emerson, Philosopher & Writer

"Pain is only weakness leaving the body" - Unknown

"It's about mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter" -Unknown

"Tough times don't last. Tough people do." - Unknown

"You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take." -Wayne Gretzky, Professional Hockey Player

"Great souls have wills; feeble ones have only wishes."- Chinese Proverb

"Things do not change. We change." - Henry David Thoreau, Author/Philosopher