Old 08-23-2012, 09:36 AM   #286  

S/C/G: 334/see ticker/184

Height: 6'0"

Yay yay yay-I get to be part of this thread now! Bye-bye 300's! See you NEVER AGAIN!
Imato5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:46 PM   #287  

Height: 5'8.5"

martini, been there, done that!! It's not an easy adjustment, and culture shock does take its too. So don't be too hard on yourself and just ease yourself back into your plan as you are able.

Imato5, congratulations! Welcome to Twoderville! I am so happy for you.

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 08-24-2012 at 10:47 PM.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:55 AM   #288  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

I have missed you all! No excuses other than life, the universe and everything...

I am so happy to see Misti again!

And welcome to Imato5! Well done!

Martini, sweetie, so sorry to hear about your struggles with moving. It really is hard enough to do within your own country, and I so know what you're talking about with the move to the new country. I have fallen into many a bucket of fried chicken during moves. Somehow, I've never lived in a country where there wasn't darn tasty fried chicken! I hope you find some peace soon and get settled in quickly.

Let's see, why did I come here...oh! I've lost a couple more pounds!

It is never a straight line for me. I achieved 288 before leaving for Scotland, weighed the same the day after I got home, then gained back nine pounds over the course of the next two weeks. Then down, and up, and down again! But the last couple weeks, I've muscled down and this morning saw 286 lbs! Happiness! I am very keen to break 280, and I never want to see 290 again!

Just sticking to my very-low-carb and lots of exercise plan. It helps that I have to do Pilates five days a week and cardio three days a week at the studio where I'm working. I have been also doing the weight training three times a week. I was really sore for a couple weeks, but I'm doing better with that now. I can see more definition in my arms, which is very cool. But as the fat melts off, the underneath sags more and more. I think if I flapped my arms hard enough, I could take off!

Okay, bedtime. xxxooo!
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:31 PM   #289  

Height: 5'8.5"

Thanks geoblewis! It's great to be back!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:33 PM   #290  
Renaissance Woman

I am so achy all over, thanks to the increase of workouts for me. Morning and afternoon, Pilates, cardio and weight training. I haven't lost any more weight, but I'm feeling my clothes getting roomy again, especially through my torso and upper arms.

I've been overeating carbs again and that's not helping me! I think I do that when I get tired of vegetables and meat. Last night I had quesedillas with cheese and olives for dinner. This morning I had toast with my bacon and egg. Haven't had any greens for a couple days. My kitchen is so messy since I started working longer days and I don't like to take time to cook anything properly when it looks like that. So today, my sons are earning privledges by cleaning it all for me. And maybe I'll have beet greens for dinner!

Have a great weekend!
Old 09-03-2012, 08:45 AM   #291  

S/C/G: 318/218/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Oh Scale...You taunt me!!

230.2 for 5 days. How I long to see the 220's!!!

It has been a tsunami of a couple of weeks!!! OH MY GOSH. I feel like the armies of **** are attacking us.

A good friend of mine went to the ER after being sick for a week, then got a fever (something the rest of the family didn't get with the bug). 2 hours later was in a coma. 3 days later (August 31st) passed away, leaving a loving husband and 7 year old boy with autism. They've determined it was West Nile Virus. :****(

Two weeks ago hubby, self and son were to do a weekend in Gatlinburg, only my hub had a bad toothache. Went to the dentist on Monday, root canal. It has been the worst nighmare. Pain, infection, face swelling like a baseball in it.Visit to the ER because the dentist did not have an emergency answering service. An ENTIRE week off work (he's not missed a day in 5 years!) Then the most humongous abscess I've ever seen with a fever.

He is finally feeling better today, and is attempting to work. Bless his mouth.

Son was suspended from school Wednesday. Jonathan has autism and has been extremely upset by a boy in his class who teases him non-stop. So Jonathan decided to take matters into his own hands. Payback was destroying some things the boy was making. Then while in the cool down (time out) room he hurled verbal threats. Enough to boot him from school for a few days.

Me? Well, I'm handling all this by feeling every heartbeat, all day long. (Had heart cath and stent a year ago) and wondering if my heart is going to beat out of my chest any moment.

Calgon take me away!

So that is my update. I know. Just what you want to hear on a Monday, holiday, morning.
Change4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:20 PM   #292  
Renaissance Woman

Donna, . Hope your week's been better since your last post.

Last edited by geoblewis; 09-08-2012 at 12:21 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:16 PM   #293  
Renaissance Woman

Haven't posted in a couple weeks. Since starting a regular job, I'm too EVERYTHING to post lately. Tired, sleepy, busy, distracted, late and whatever else you care to add.

I've been exercising, two workouts a day, five days a week. But I haven't been sleeping well, so I've been eating more to stay awake in the afternoons. On the weekends, I take naps and don't eat so much. My weight bounces between 296 and 286. And then last week the jungle drums were beating in my ovaries! Talk about bloating! However, it was a menopausal fakeout because no period. Bleach!

I am really looking forward to getting some energy back so I can do the things I really want to do. I just started taking some pregnolone to help with hormonal issues. Hoping it'll help me get my mono back. Because when I'm not at work or working out, I'm kind of a vegetable on the sofa watching stupid TV.

Diet content is doing okay. Keeping refined carbs out of the diet really well. No grains, lots of veggies, healthy proteins and fats. Not been eating out at all! Rather happy about that.

My cousin invited me to go to the Bahamas with her in November. If I could push myself a bit more and get my weight into the 270s, then I can pick up some new size 22 tops. I don't want to spend any money on size 24s! So, how's that for motivation?

Take care chickies! I miss you!