Old 05-03-2012, 10:09 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 304/207.2/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilywinsit View Post
Dropping in to say "Hi", I have been reading some of the postings and can see that you are caring group of people working and encouraging each other along the way to our healthy weight.

I just went out and bought a new scale yesterday, because the old one required me to step on it 6 - 8 times in order to get a weight ... having 2 or 3 times at the same number so I know how much I weigh. Silly how fast I could go from Wow to Defeated.
Don't let it defeat you. The same thing happened to me about a month ago. From one scale to the other I gained about 13 pounds. Now I've lost all but 4 of those pounds hoping they are gone by next week.
Meka150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:51 AM   #137  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

So glad to see our new group members here! Welcome!

Hey, I have one of those scales too! I have to get on it several times and the outcome rarely is the same. I take the lowest number when I need it emotionally. I am looking forward to buying a scale that doesn't require a rating of 250+ lbs. And I'm going to send the old one to Myth Busters to blow it up for me.

I'm down another half pound this morning. Won't change my slider till Sunday, but it sure would be lovely if I were in the 280s by then. Atkins induction is still being good to me.
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:31 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

martini sounds like a plan, I'm doing afew challenges with my offline friends so I can't put away the scale but I feel ya on being frustrated when it messes with your head like that. Focus on being healthy and it will be good.

georgia - I know what you mean other people can be around chocolate, and cheese and all the other yummy things I can't resist and not be affected. For me its a REAL struggle not to indulge.

2thinme - hope you enjoy the journey as well.

lilywinsit - Yeah new scales are important. I like accurate reliable ones that can tolerate my high weights.

howevering at 319 again seriously my water levels are crazy , had a huge salad for lunch but wrote all the ingredients down I'm determined to track my calories each day and adjust for the next. It was cauliflower and spinach, the only thing that was bad was the vinagarette. And maybe the precooked chicken but that was protein. I feel wierd onw, I have been doing 'okay' dietwise but not okay enough. I definitely could be better. Trying to be strict today, I have some chicken broth that I made last night, so hopefully I get my mojo to make a low cal, low salt soup tonight for today and tomorrow.

Just incase I don't find the time to check in hope you all have a Fabulous Weekend ! (but I might sneak in afew more times before then if I can).

Last edited by silentarctic; 05-03-2012 at 01:32 PM.
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:55 AM   #139  

Morning My gals,

Hope everything is going well for you. I'm struggling emotionally but yesterday I was perfectly on plan. I'm keeping it simple, trying to simply calorie count and eat below maintenance calories. I went for a walk, and ate healthfully.

Need to keep this up all weekend. If I could do that, I think I would feel decent on monday.

Here's to hoping!

Hope you all have a great day (and weekend)
Old 05-04-2012, 03:40 PM   #140  
Renaissance Woman

Hey Twinnie! I like the idea of keeping things simple. Removing stress, for me, always leads to making better choices. Emotional stress is such a goal-killer! A couple days of success, on the other hand, are really emotionally rewarding and quite thrilling for me. But then I tend to get cocky.

I just figured that out, so I'm hoping to keep the weekend simple and on plan too so that my Sunday weigh in will be good to me. This week, I'm definitely on approach to achieving 290 lbs. Maybe even breaking past that. Plus, my blood sugar level was so darn good this morning. I hope I don't let it go all to my head and I fall into a pot of spaghetti. It's been known to happen!

At this very moment, I am making myself stay at home. I know that if I go out I'll find myself in a drive-thru lane somewhere. It's not because I feel low, but because I get in self-sabotage mode when I am met with some success. I would really, truly love to weigh less than 280 when I get on the plane in three weeks. If I stay consistent and on plan, I might actually achieve this! But while the thin woman within is ready to come out, the fat advocate is doing the "You can't handle this" speech in the other ear. I need to do some emotional work on this.

I got my new passport in the mail yesterday. I think I have all the clothes I need for my trip. Just have to buy shoes. If only I could make my feet shorter!
Old 05-04-2012, 10:39 PM   #141  
thinks she can

S/C/G: 321/266.1/170

Height: 5'9"

georgia - I know exactly what you're saying with the self-sabotaging kicking in when you have a bit of success. Oh my goodness do I ever know. If you figure out how to manage that, let me know because I could certainly do with some guidance there. And I must have missed an earlier post... where are you going that you need a new passport? Somewhere exotic and wonderful I hope!

silentarctic - Welcome to the emotionally struggling club! Hang in there!!

I'm now reaping the benefits of putting one foot in front of the other and doing what I know is good for me even when my heart's not in it. I've been eating better - not 100% back on plan, but no fried chicken and fatty carbs. I began taking a calcium supplement because I realize I'm pushing 40 and want to start thinking about my bone and breast health. I'm no longer constipated (TMI, I know) and my mood is much more stable than it was last week. Phew! Made it through the emotional up-and-down pipeline out to the other side!
martini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:12 PM   #142  
Renaissance Woman

Quick check in this morning...I did it! I broke last 290! I am very pleased with this and feeling hopeful. You know I can't just sit and savor the moment. I'm already moving on to the next five-pound loss.

I'm hitting the groove with the very low carbs and I'm still working on cutting calories. I am surprised at how many calories I can eat and still lose weight. I am really, REALLY carb sensitive, so cutting them so drastically works for me. And when I concentrate on eating my veggies, healthy fats and high quality protein, I am satisfied. I don't experience carb-cravings - everyday. But if I watch TV and there are food ads, I can so easily cave to suggestion. I still get the munchies and I'm struggling with finding snacks for the afternoon and evening. By 5 I've usually eaten all my carbs and only can dip into fats and protein. I'm going to get tired of that soon.

Martini, yesterday I spent some time actually sitting with my feelings about my tendency to self-sabotage. I didn't set out to solve it. I think it's there for a reason. It's hard not to judge myself when I am so inconsistent with my focus in everything I'm trying to do. I have ambitions on multiple fronts and they all feel like top priorities. Stupid ADD! What holds me back from moving forward is fear. I don't believe I habe the chops to be successful. I can be good at something, really good at it. For brief bursts. And then that cockiness creeps in and I freak myself out and pull way back. I think that attitude, when it shows up, that's what freaks me out. I don't want yo be that person. What if that's who successful thin healthy Georgia really is? I don't want to be that person.

Okay, see! I am supposes to be celebrating my success and I turn this into a therapy session! So predictable!

PS) I forgot to tell you where I'm going, Martini. A pleasure trip...three days in London, seven days in Edinburgh. Then after I get back, going to the Santa Barbara Writers' Conference, and then to San Francisco with friends from my overseas life for another week. The month of June, I will try to check in here, but it definitely won't be every day. I'll share a link where you all can see pictures.

Last edited by geoblewis; 05-05-2012 at 04:58 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:15 AM   #143  
Renaissance Woman

Oh! 288! Woohoo!!!!!! Could it be I have broken past my big weight loss resistance point and it'll be much smoother sailing from this point on? Could it be that I have found my sweet spot when it comes to diet/exercise? I'm done experimenting and sticking to Atkins induction phase till my blood sugar starts looking really normal.

Hope you all had a lovely weekend. Nothing spectacular happened for me. My sons and I went to see Avengers last night. Fun movie! Mommy likes Captain America and Ironman. And Bruce Banner/Hulk. And Thor. I have a thing for men with big arms!

Have a great day! I'll be online all morning with work, but this afternoon I'm going to be planting some tomato, cucumber, eggplant and melon starts at my friend's garden. And I have to do some weeding. That's my exercise today. See ya!
Old 05-07-2012, 01:21 PM   #144  

Twinny - You are doing so fabulous, you ARE fabulous, I am if I admit a little jealous of your consitent efforts I would love to be nearly so consistent. I am petrified of flying this summer, it doesn't bug me flying in Canada while ocasionally I will get stressed by the people who see me and say "I hope I'm not sitting next to her!" Airline staff on both Aircan and West Jet have ALWAYS been accomodating and friendly, never hassled me about needing seatbelt extenders never been told I need to buy another seat. Even at my highest weight I never had problems with canadian airlines i'm scare I will likely have to fly American Airlines to get down to south america and seems like they are less forgiving to the fat folk. :-|

martini - I've been a card carrying member for a while its just to the point where I'm losing my grip right now. Had a tearfest at work today seriously its hormanal time and its making me feel like an insane person my already -bleak outlook on life is being exacerbated about 10fold by the hormones and while logically I know this WILL pass right now? I feel epic the-sky-is-falling, the-world-is-ending dramatic emotions.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:20 PM   #145  

Hey girls,

Me again rough night yesterday I totally gave into the emotional eating, I was over my calories but not according to my software (because as annoyed as I am there's no setting in calorie king NOT to count your exercise against your total cals, I like fit day it tracks seperate, but I don't want to NOT record the excercize because I like accountability and being able to flip through my week to see how i'm doing overall like yesterday I did NOT get 30 minutes of activity but on Friday and Sunday I had 3hrs per those days so as long as I am active for more than 30 minutes the rest of my days those long "endurance days" can make up for the ocasional "day off". (i had 25 minutes of walk, to and from work, to my volonteer activity etc.).

All in all I survived and my "binge" wasn't as bad as the olden days would have been (regular serving size bag of chips, instead of a family size) but still frustrating. i do NOT want to work out today I am feeling so tired, exhausted, couldn't sleep because of a cold but I know I need to.

Hope everyone is having better weeks than me I'm just grumpy in general , I know it will pass and the positivity will come back. (Sooner than later I hope!)
Old 05-08-2012, 04:35 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 263/262/160

Height: 5'4

Good afternoon ladies. I would love to join your group. I often wonder if I will make it to onderland again. I hover between 255 and 266...yikes did I just admit that?
Cemommster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:58 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 304/207.2/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cemommster View Post
I hover between 255 and 266...yikes did I just admit that?
I think you did and it's ok. I use to hover around 285 but then made my way up to 304. So I decided I'm done hovering in the 200s i'm ready to hang out in the 100s.
Meka150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:45 PM   #148  

Welcome Jenny You can do it.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:12 AM   #149  
Renaissance Woman

Yes Jenny! You can do it. It's just a number. It doesn't define you, only what effect gravity has on your body on this planet.

I had a crappy day! My mother is invading my life again and I am not at all pleased with this! I spent the last two hours nibbling on food to deal with stress. Thankfully I don't have many carbs in the house. I'm going to go to bed now and hopefully get a good night's sleep.

I've lost 22 lbs since I broke up with her. I am NOT gaining any of that back and I am NOT going to stop losing weight. And my sister is NOT going to guilt me into anything either. I can't go back to living with that stress. EVER!!!

That is all...
Old 05-09-2012, 11:24 AM   #150  
Renaissance Woman

Woke up to a 2-lb gain. That's just one day of overeating carbs (overeating for me now). I didn't eat 7000 extra calories, but I did eat 160 gm of extra carbs, so the 2 lbs is water. But I'm still under 290 lbs. I am determined not to pop over that! Today I'm back on track and moving forward.

My higher stress levels have affected my boys, so I'm just going back to total no-contact with my mother. She's being moved to a nursing home and I trust that they know what's best for her, better than I do.

Twinny, I'm freaking out about my overseas flight. I'm flying Virgin Atlantic economy but may spring for an upgrade to premium economy for a bit more room/comfort. I weigh substantially less than the last time I flew, but after hearing all the fuss about large passengers being treated so disrepectfully, I am more nervous than I ever was before. I don't require a seatbelt extension any longer, but I have wide hips. Still, my hips are 9" smaller than they used to be! We'll be fine! We will!