3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   What can't you do? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/254905-what-cant-you-do.html)

SmallSteps 03-15-2012 05:35 PM

What can't you do?

So, what can't you do when you're overweight? Can't, as in physically and mentally. Things that you don't do, because of the weight.

Jacque 03-15-2012 05:39 PM

You know, I haven't found much - surprisingly... although, I suppose I did use my weight as an excuse not to climb a 14,000 ft mountain with some friends last summer. But that's not something I'd do skinny either...

Now, I am FAR less outgoing than I used to be, but I blame both a bad relationship and my weight gain equally for that.

But, in general I am fairly active. I suppose that's why it's taken me so long to start losing,because I didn't really have and slaps in the face like that.

Jinxy 03-15-2012 05:46 PM

I couldn't ride a roller coaster or I could but it was more then a lot embarrassing for me to :( (I felt like everyone was staring at me, plus the guy helping me was very frustrated w/me and made me feel horrible on top of it all). Then even when I was on it the ride was very uncomfortable for me to ride on, I was so so crammed in it. Another thing I have heard horror stories about is airplanes and their seats. I don't dare (after my trouble with the roller coaster seat) go on a plane ride until I loose some weight.

astrophe 03-15-2012 09:52 PM

Yoga head/shoulder stands. Which I enjoyed doing when I was under 200. But I dislike belly hang so that has to wait a while along with any other poses where a large belly interferes.

Zip line. I want to try it but I'm not ready to.

Um... I think that's about it. Anything else I want to do I pretty much do.

A.

Elladorine 03-15-2012 10:34 PM

I can't cross my legs.

konfyoozed 03-15-2012 10:59 PM

shop in stores that don't cater to 'plus size' women... can't wait to be 14 regular or smaller!

MamaBravo 03-15-2012 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirenity (Post 4255323)
I can't cross my legs.

Yes this!!

Also the rides at amusement parks. Sit in booths at restaurants. Sit on the couch with my laptop on my legs.

LiannaKole 03-16-2012 01:25 AM

Hi! I'm not losing 100+ lbs, but I would like to be down around 85-90 from my high weight eventually.

Weirdly, this is a fun thread! Mostly because I like leaving these "Can't" thing behind as I shrink.

1. I am less outgoing, and less likely to be honest with people about what I think or feel. I tend to think weird things, like that they don't want to hear it as much because I'm overweight. And I try to blend in more, like I don't want to be impolite and "inflict" my fatness on people. It's crazy and wrong, but it's mostly subconscious - I don't even notice until later... I don't think these things of others, but I expect others to think them of me. -sigh- More issues to work on.

2. I can't sit on people's laps (friends or boyfriends). I'm too heavy to be comfortable being on them like that.

3. I can't go on the see saw with friends at a park. I'm heavier than everyone I know except a couple boys who're only ~10 lbs heavier than me. Embarrassing... but I really want to do it someday. I couldn't even when I was a kid. I was like 120 lbs at 12 or something. My peers were way smaller.

Coffeelover64 03-16-2012 07:09 AM

I am too fat and out of shape to participate in fun recreational activities like hiking, volleyball, kayaking, etc.