Old 09-26-2012, 08:26 AM   #496  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Well, I have officially started the "Rock Your Jeans" campaign at my gym. I was debating about whether or not the $ was worth it, but I think it's the push I need and it's a personal trainer working with me (and a partner) for 8 weeks, once a week too. Since I'm paying extra money, I'm sure to really stick to the program and WORK IT!

Also, for my job, I need to write, and well, I decided that writing about different classes would be fun too (and beneficial to me)!

I am determined to end the year better than I started it (weight-wise)!

SW: 180.8
CW: 173.2 (holding steady - expecting TTOM very soon)
GW: 160 by 12/10 or at least by 12/31

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 09-26-2012 at 08:26 AM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:21 PM   #497  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateleestar View Post
GW is still 160. I'm hoping by 12/24, as I see some of my family that I completely loathe, so itll be nice to look totally different... God help me, lol!!
I love your attitude. Good luck!

My left thigh muscles still object to any direct use, so I'm limited to my mini stepper and strength training. That's not so awful, but I do miss the recumbent bike. And I get a little discouraged, because this bad leg of mine is clearly never going to be "fixed," and I feel like it's a result of my years of obesity, so I have only myself to blame.

berry, I hope you enjoy your time with the personal trainer. I'm going to have one of my young co-workers help me design a weight lifting routine, since she has a trainer and I'm too cheap/lazy to go to a gym (I work out at home). And good luck rocking those new jeans! (I saw your posts on the other thread - this is why I was so happy to find a pair that fit at the Talbot's clearance store! The whole size/cut thing is just too aggravating for me.)

I'm hanging in at around 133. 125 is still my year end goal and it's still possible, just barely!
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:07 AM   #498  
Melissa

Morning all - TTOM is here. Kind of glad to see it as maybe that means things are getting back to normal with my hormones. Scale is up .2, so that means I have gained a pound of water weight in 5 days - pretty typical. I'm so motivated right now. I don't know where it's coming from, but I am. My eating is 100% on track, exercise is good (though I need to fit more in- too many off days), but I'm seeing results in my body looks and feels. I'm feeling sleeker. I'm hoping this month/cycle will be another good one for me.

I actually think the break from this effort was really what I needed to get recharged as now I'm back (motivation-wise) where I was months and months ago. So hard to allow yourself to take breaks, but I think it's good for the head and for the body to stop demanding so much from it 24/7. Eating less and doing more day after day wears on you.

We'll see how I feel about that when the holidays hit! Oh boy!

SW: 180.8
CW: 173.4 (TTOM)
GW: 160 by 12/10 or at least by 12/31
Old 09-27-2012, 09:31 AM   #499  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

My TOM is on its way out, thank goodness. I was gonna pass out, lol. I think that'll be my last seasonique TOM till I go off BCP in Jan to try for a kid in late Feb/early March, so... sad?

I started a little at-home crossfit thing. I have about 15 at-home-crossfit workouts, and I did one last night, and whooboy, do my arms hurt. LOL. I can't recall the last time I was sore, so, something is working! So I'm going to still weigh in daily, but I'll not be as concerned with that number while I'm doing this... because I hold water like its my 2nd job, lol.

I guess I'm not so concerned with what I weigh, but more so in how I feel and look. I'm currently in size 8's in pretty much all "my" jean brands, so I'm good with that.. seeings as how that was my goal size, lol.. I'd like to develop more muscle, specifically my arms, thighs and abs. With the desire to get prego next year quickly approaching, I'm thinking I'll be able to 'rebound' quicker if I do a little preventative maintenance, you know what I mean?

So with my TOM-on-its-way-out water weight, and my sore-arms-and-legs water weight, I'm at 182 today. But oh well, lol. I'll keep going! That's the point!!

Have a good THURSDAY LADIES!!!!
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:26 PM   #500  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

Back down to 132 today. The 120s are soooo close! I have to keep telling myself that it could take a month or more, though, so I don't get impatient. If you hear a big crash coming from the east in November, that will be me faintng at the sight of 129.anything!

berry, I think you're right that it's good to take a break. I took it easy most of the summer - did a lot of exercising, stayed away from the binge monster, but didn't track every calorie and indulged myself regularly with small treats. It was a relief, psychologically. Anyone who struggles with addiction or compulsive behavior knows how tiring it can be.

kate, getting fit before getting pregnant is a great idea.

Thank god it's almost Friday. This week has dragged and I want it to be OVER.
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:59 PM   #501  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone.

berry: Yay on the doing the Rock Your jeans! And on finding you're a size smaller than you thought! I need some of your motivation powder! This is week 3 without a single workout. It was only supposed to be a 1 week break but life has escalated it to more. You're right though, it may not necessarily be a bad thing to break from routine.

Steph: Sorry about your bad thigh. Don't beat yourself up about being the cause. The point is that now you've fixed something that was affecting your body. Besides, you never know, you may have had a bad thigh anyway. You're working on being in the best shape you can be and that's pretty awesome!

kate: How are you liking the crossfit so far? I really struggle with getting my strength training in and definitely need to do better. I don't like lifting weights or pulling or pushing things on the machine. I suppose I'm looking for something dynamic that maybe uses bodyweight like burpees pushups or jump squats.

My weight has alternated daily between 156 and 158, so who knows what's up with that. So far I'm doing okay with being on plan other than exercise. Work commitments and a chest infection have put a hold on getting that in. I'm hoping this weekend and next week will be better. I have 3 under 1400-calorie days so far this week. So who knows, I might push for more than 4 and skip the maintenance day. We'll see.

Here's wishing everyone an awesome Friday!!!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:57 AM   #502  
Melissa

Gals, I'm going to start a new thread as we have reached 500 posts. I would let the OP, Runningfromfat, do it, but she's not a regular any more and has pretty much said that life has gotten too busy for the boards.

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 09-28-2012 at 09:07 AM.