Old 03-16-2012, 05:15 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 225/225/160

Height: 5'10.5

Yes!! I have 16 pounds to go and am weighing in on Sunday..if I could break through into the 160's it would be awesome...150's is almost unthinkable right now, even though it's so close
summerlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:24 PM   #17  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Well, I have a bit less to lose - but maybe not. I'm shooting for 160 which is in 8 pounds, BUT.... I know I will gain in the next few days as TTOM rears its ugly head. For me it's always a bit down, a little up, a bit down, a little up and then a bit more down - then repeat.

I 'say' I'll be happy at 160, but we'll see. My end goal is much less ambitious than your all end goals for similar heights. And my initial end goal was 175. My body must have heard that too because I hovered there for like FOREVER - just like Jomatho - cripes - took me 3 months to undo the holiday damage.

Basically, I want to get to 160 and then see what happens from there. I hopefully will get there over the early summer and hopefully will keep increasing my fitness and then I'll see where my body takes me. It's not like I'm going to hit 160 and then say, "OK, break out the chocolate chip cookies!"

So... I would like to join in too - and I might not be as close as it seems I am to ending.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:17 PM   #18  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfromfat View Post
Great! Best of luck to you! Are you also struggling a bit staying on plan this close to goal? I don't go crazy or anything but I've found a lot of extra snacks are starting to sneak in more than usual. I also need to be better about exercise but DH has to work nights at the moment so I don't have childcare to go to the gym/pool, so it's been hard to manage it all. I really need to get better about this!
Well, I recently upped my calories a bit because I'm at a healthy BMI and really want to kick it up a notch fitness wise. I ended up having very narrow hips under all the fat (!) but I really want to work on my THIGHS. I'd like to flatten the tummy a little, but it's really not bad, all things considered. I do have a little more "batwing" than I'd like, but there again--not too terrible. The biggest area I need to work on right now is getting my thighs to match my hips, because my shape is sort of odd currently. Anybody else have this issue?

I totally hear you on the kids making it difficult to get workouts in. I was going to suggest videos at home, but if I remember correctly, you have an injury that prevents you from doing most cardio, right? That does make it tough
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:36 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 286/153/155

Height: 5'9

I'm going to join you. great idea. I have about 30 lbs to loose and I can tell it is going to be a hard road. What is is about loosing a great deal of weight and then having a few lbs to go that is so hard? I don't know. I feel like I am struggling way harder then I was before.
Madame Souza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:59 PM   #20  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Not there yet myself, but wanted to give all of you a big

Home stretch! Look out! Here they come!

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 03-16-2012 at 10:59 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:11 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 93/78/65 kg

Height: 172 cm

I have about 10kgs (22 pounds) to go to a goal I set of 65kg ... although realistically I think 68ish is probably a better one ...

Have had a wee hiatus and put 2 kgs back on in three weeks so wanting to get more serious again ...
HMM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:06 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 205-135 Maintaining since '10

Height: 5'1

count me in too. I have shot up as high as 134 (a lot of water weight) and hit a low of 122 last June. Ideally I want to weigh 115-118. I run and can feel how 'heavy' I am when I'm on the trails. Right now I' hovering around 128. I recently walked off the job (after 3 years) due to unreal amounts of stress and in the last few weeks I have felt my stress levels decrease and my appetite too. I never thought I was an emotional eater, but I guess I am! The last few weeks I have been averaging less than 1,800 cals/day, this past week about 1,600, and have done so easily. From Jan to to end of Feb I was STRUGGLING to stay below 1,800 because I'd have panic attacks and attack the pantry.

I'm hoping that increasing my protein, not being under so much pressure as I have been handed my dream job....literally, a former client offered me a position with his firm as an associate financial advisor working from HOME, I think I should be able to maybe achieve my loss of 10lbs by the end of summer.

hang in there gals...i understand how you feel. there are days where it is taxing to stay in maintenance let alone work at losing more. thank god for 3fc!!
nads84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:52 AM   #23  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to everyone that is just joining now! My internet was down off and on yesterday so I wasn't able to get back to anyone. berryblondeboys you're definitely welcome even if you don't have exactly 10-20lbs to lose Mostly I just mean the last little bit after a long journey!

Steph7409 - yay to have bras that fit at least! I'm the same way. I at least have bras that fit more or less but pretty much no clothes, bah!

baker23
- yes, it's really the too comfortable thing for me. I'm not to the point where I want to stay here forever but I'm so much happier here it's hard to get that last little push towards the end. I think I need to go completely sugar/white flour free for a bit to get back on track.

rainydays - I'm like that. Although, I doubt I'll ever be perfectly proportioned (I just carry way too much weight in my bust/butt for that). But I would like to see my waist get smaller and I hope my bust will at least get somewhat smaller, we'll see.

Yep, I have a knee injury so at home cardio is hard. I can do punches/some body weight exercise but really weight lifting and swimming are the best for me. I will do some shadow boxing at home when I can't squeeze in a workout but it's just not at the same level that I can get in elsewhere.

Madame Souza I think it's a lot of things. Our bodies don't want to give up the last bit of weight after such a long journey, also psychologically we might be tired/are a lot happier where we're at so we don't have as much push to lose it. Whatever it is, it hasn't been easy!

nads84 stress is the worst. things haven't been that bad lately here but we've had a few really stressful days. Hang in there because eventually your efforts will show!
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:04 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 196(HW220) /149.5/130

Height: 5'3"

I’m in too. I probably have about 20-25 lbs left to lose, but it does not want to come off. And I’m having such a hard time not buying clothes. It wasn’t too bad in the winter, but I love spring/summer clothes. I just want to overload on cute dresses and colourful jeans, but I’m trying to hold out and only buy things that are necessary.
SparkleBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:31 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 300+/Ticker!/140 lbs

Height: 5'8" Age: 27

I'm also in the home stretch and have been struggling a bit. I think I may extend my goal to 150, which would mean I have 15 lbs left to lose.

I'm becoming frustrated with how slow the weight loss is now. I typically only lose 3-4 lbs per month but will likely lose less this month because I visited home for almost two weeks and also partied for St Patrick's Day.

I'm so ready to be at goal and to start maintaining! I just joined a gym so I'm looking forward to building strength and increasing my daily caloric deficit through intense exercise.

I hope to be looking great by June! I know there is really no timeline on this though, since I want to be healthy for the rest of my life.
Riesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:20 PM   #26  
Melissa

About the last stretch being harder. I am finding for myself at least that I go through phases of great determination and then slight burnout and I slow it down a bit, and then I get really determined again and then slightly burn out.

I think for me that getting to my initial goal of 175 was such a bigger, that I needed a pause button for a bit. Then I just wanted to get to below my all time low from way back in December. I got there (finally) and now I'm feeling pumped because it's spring and it's so much easier to find things todo to burn calories that doesn't involve driving to the gym or something like that.

Then, I realized today, that I'm 3 pounds away from losing 90 pounds of this current journey. And so that number is motivating me. In the end I wonder if I'll go for 155 to get to 100 pounds for this journey (120 from my highest) and to within a normal BMI. We'll see. I'm not going to pressure myself.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:54 AM   #27  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

So I had a good weekend! Ok, Saturday I had too many cookies BUT I was great yesterday and I got on a workout on both Saturday and Sunday, which was my goal. Plus after heavy lifting I was 160lbs on the scale this morning, which is always, a very, very good sign because I retain at least a 1lb of water weight after lifting, so here's hoping the scale drops below the 160's this week.

Oh, and I talked to my parents on skype this weekend and they were all impressed by how noticeable the results were. It's hard to see it sometimes in the mirror because I've gotten a lot more used to what I look like so it's nice to hear it from someone else too.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:17 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 214/190/140

Height: 5'5"

I have 9lb to go and am struggling now. It's getting much harder to get losses but I'm so determined to get there. I know what you all mean about clothes - my wardrobe is chaos as I don't want to buy too much before getting to the finishing line. Can't wait for decent fitting bras though
Elliemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:41 AM   #29  
Ailsa

S/C/G: 189/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

i'm in too! i've been hovering from 149-155 since january and i really just want to get in the 140's and stay put! then I think i can lose the last 5-10 lbs once I get there...but it's getting these last few off that's so hard!
AilsaPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:47 AM   #30  
Melissa

Well, now i really fit the challenge since I just dropped my goal weight to 155. Now I know FOR SURE I won't lower it more than that, but that's in 13.8 pounds (TTOM weight gain today - up .8 from yesterday).