Old 03-14-2012, 02:08 PM   #1  
threenorns

Default i'm going to try zigzagging my VLCD

i have given it a lot of thought i think i will start zigzagging my 750cal/day diet.

reasons are:

a) less likely for my body to settle down to a static drone (iow, plateau)

b) will be more likely to avoid starvation mode

c) will allow not just for days i'm extra hungry but also for days i just don't really feel like eating

d) will make it WAY easier to adjust calories upward as i transition off it

e) will be less of a system shock than going from, ie, 750 to 1200 cal/day. it'll also be easier to manage mentally - just spend a couple weeks ramping up the amounts little by little rather than sitting down Day One staring at a meal twice what i've become accustomed to eating.

so here's the current plan:

starting this friday, the week will run from friday to thursday (which is when i weigh in at the dr's office)

instead of it being "mon - x calories, tues - y calories" etc, i'm doing it this way:

each week, i'm allowed:

one 640cal day
one 670cal day
one 740cal day
two 750cal days
one 820cal day
and one 900cal day.

when it's time to transition up to 1200, it'll be just a matter of upping the numbers over a period of a cpl wks. f.ex, either dropping lowest cal meals and adding a highest one or else upping all of them by 'x' rather than facing a massive step up from 750 to 1200 in one get-go.

sound like a plan?
Old 03-14-2012, 02:24 PM   #2  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

I guess whatever works for you? To me VLCD is already a severe step so I don't see the point in zigging and zagging when the diff is so small.

GL!
A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:42 PM   #3  
threenorns

you'd be surprised at the difference 150cal makes at this level. i'm more thinking toward the future when i'm not so restricted and can get back into more normal practices.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:42 PM   #4  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Default re:

Have you/will you be talking to your doctor about this plan when you weigh in? I'm curious to know what they say.

Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:50 PM   #5  
threenorns

i wouldn't be starting it till friday so yeah, i'm going to talk to my doctor first. he's pretty okay with anything i want to do because he knows i have a solid grasp of the basics. helps that i live in a small town: the fire station is a 5min walk down the street, the cops are a 10min walk the other way, the ambulance is 2min past the fire station, and if i need my doctor, i just take the pedestrian bridge across the river and bang on his door.

but the other two times i lost a lot of weight with VLCD, that transition step was *rough*. basically the doctors at those times were "okay, then! met your goal! have a nice life!" so i had a bad span of time where i just could NOT bring myself to up the calories not only because i was convinced i'd undo all my hard work but also because just looking at all that food shut my appetite down.

Last edited by threenorns; 03-14-2012 at 02:51 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:20 PM   #6  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Good luck with that! It seems like a good idea. Im a little concerned about your calories being so low (even though mine have been for the last 3 days :\ which isn't normal for me) What made you decide to do a VLCD? is it your doctor that put you on this diet?

Last edited by SMSDREAMER2007; 03-14-2012 at 03:21 PM.
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote