Old 03-13-2012, 12:28 PM   #16  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

That dress is perfectly fine! If you are comfortable, then wear it. Some people are not even comfortable wearing dresses that go down past the knee since they feel "its to short". So it is all personal. However, I will say a dress is to short when it is about 1 cm away from where you bum starts! However, that is not the case in this dress so wear it proud!!!!
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:42 PM   #17  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

I think your body is looking toned and that's great!

I think it is cute but could be too short.

On me I'd wear it with capri length or above the knee leggins type things. Because at our house growing up and now with my own daughter the rule was "the toe test. " So that's where I'm coming from.

Before we left the house? Some parent was always yelling. It was always "Bend over and touch your toes! Toe test! If we see too much back there or any part of your panties peek out this is not a dress. It is a long shirt. Go put on leggings or something under there. Stat!"

Dresses hike up when you sit or cross legs and the men might love it but I don't want to be exposed like that. Fit or not, strangers looking up my bare legs toward my crotch? Yuck.

I don't know if that helps you any on the dress shortness.

But YOU? You are beautiful. Don't forget it!

GL!
A.

Last edited by astrophe; 03-13-2012 at 12:51 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:21 PM   #18  
Cool Chick

S/C/G: 283/227.2/180

Height: 5' 10"

I am always paranoid when strangers look at me like that, especially when I'm wearing something new or not sure if I can get away with it yet.
The thing is, sometimes people are drawn to you and look at you because you FEEL hot and are wearing something you feel good in. And for me, when I started losing a big chunk of weight and got attention again, it made me uncomfortable, but once I got used to it I realized that I just hadn't gotten attention in years.
So I say do what feels good to YOU. If it bothers you that people are looking at you, don't wear it or just wear it with friends and family, not "in public." If you don't really care, ROCK IT GIRL!
heathermichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:08 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 181/181/115

Height: 5'3"

I think they were looking at you because you have nice legs. I personally wouldn't wear a dress above the knee to the office, but if you work in a more casual environment, then you are fine.
PrettyMom09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:29 PM   #20  
Tired Of Just Surviving

S/C/G: 315/272/215

Height: 5'7

I think you look beautiful and they are just jealous because they can't get in it!!
SmallSteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:41 PM   #21  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

I think you have gotten some great feedback.

I agree it could be a seasonal thing, I'm not quite sure that the shoes fit the dress.. IMO it's more of a flats with open toe kind of dress, and for some it may be too short. I won't wear anything that doesn't go at least mid-knee without leggings under it.

All that said, as long as your rump isn't hanging out in the back, who cares what others think?
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:18 PM   #22  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

i think you look fantastic

my general rule of thumb for length of shorts or skirts is stand up straight with your arms at your sides, if your skirt/shorts hem is above the finger tips, too short. anything below is fair game. but that's me. i don't feel comfortable in anything shorter. if people give me snarky looks and i catch their eye, i just comment "isn't the weather nice today?" and smile... it's really hard to be mean or nasty to someone who is nice and smiling at you!
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:28 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 160/157/120

Height: 5' 2"

I'm not in your group here, but I hope its ok if I post! You look fantastic in that dress! Its cute and flattering, and the shoes go great with it. They make your legs look very long. The most important accessory you can wear with it is confidence! Congratulations on your progress, you look really good. This afternoon I'm at work, totally not wanting to change and go workout afterwards, but looking at your picture in that dress, motivated me to go and workout. So thanks! Keep up the good work!
Lainey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:02 PM   #24  
Sarah

S/C/G: 172/ticker/125

Height: 5ī4.5

Girl, today it was 25 here and you know I was wearing a short dress too and got crazy comments all day. I think you look great in your dress. My legs are also my selling point, so you know I sell those puppies by wearing short dresses as often as possible. Donīt cover up. Donīt be down. People were looking at you cause you looked hot....and because it is only march!!
lovemydoggiesx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:22 PM   #25  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I can't see the heel of your shoe -- the shorter the skirt the lower the heel should be for the skank factor LOL

It's cute! it's just MARCH that's all -- maybe wait til after Easter before busting it out again LOL b!tches be judgey!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:08 AM   #26  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazey34 View Post
I can't see the heel of your shoe -- the shorter the skirt the lower the heel should be for the skank factor LOL

It's cute! it's just MARCH that's all -- maybe wait til after Easter before busting it out again LOL b!tches be judgey!

LOLLLLLL @ b!tches be judgey haha

no its true though .... girls are very judgemental i think it is a little early to break out the summer dresses BUT i dont think its too short at all .... its two short when people can comment on your drawers when you sit down ... this is no where near that ..... and as for the leggings under the dress thing its personal but i kinda always feel like if your wearing leggings under a dress thats half way down the leg your probably hiding some jiggly or otherwise unkempt legs .... i reserve leggings for tunics and sweater dress styles not so much for that style of dress

i wear dresses that length to work all the time .....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIMG4458.jpg (31.6 KB, 27 views)
CHUNKEY_MUNKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:00 AM   #27  
I choose me...

S/C/G: HW 265/SW 240/CW ticker/GW 150

Height: 5 Ft 3

Awwwww thanks ladies!!! I appreciate it. I think I'm just having major self confidence issues. I'm not use to looks, or any sort of attention. It's warm here in Toronto this week so that's why I wore the dress....as for work....I'm in an office but I don't work for the office, I'm a hoteller, meaning I'm a virtual employee for the National Captial, I can move or live anywhere, and my home base pays for my office space with other Govt. Depts...so I only dress in suits when I'm in the National Captial Nobody knows what I do in the office.... I'm just some chick that's there every now and then lol

I'm very sensitive to people around me, I guess I'm just having a really hard time in this new skin cause on the latter now I'm seeing my shape come out and I'm feeling vulnerable... I'm totally comfortable in my clothes before I leave the house, I feel GREAT, then I get looks, and I'm probably misinterpreting things cause I am so paranoid, and I get all weird thinking I'm too fat....

But I'm glad I could inspire some of you That means the world to me, cause I never thought I would do that! LOL Thanks again I'm going to try and suck it up and not care what others think or how they look at me....how do you show it in your body that your confident without being snooty? I swear there should be classes or something on how to act when your smaller, it's a whole different feeling and ballgame all together, I totally forgot what this felt like it's kind of scary?!

Last edited by InsideMe; 03-14-2012 at 09:05 AM.
InsideMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:02 AM   #28  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

That is a super cute dress and I don't think you look skanky, even with a heel. The length of your hemline really kind of depends on your age, though, as far as appropriateness goes. You look young enough to pull off an above-the-knee hemline, whereas someone like me (I'm 39) has to stick with knee-length or lower unless I want to wear leggings with my dress. In your 20s and even early 30s, you can rock that hemline no problem.

It's hard to start feeling comfortable in your own skin after a substantial weight loss. It'll get easier the more you get used to people's attention, though.

Last edited by thistoo; 03-14-2012 at 10:02 AM.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:04 AM   #29  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUNKEY_MUNKEY View Post
but i kinda always feel like if your wearing leggings under a dress thats half way down the leg your probably hiding some jiggly or otherwise unkempt legs
Also kind of judgmental. Just saying.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:16 AM   #30  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

You look fabulous! If you are comfortable wearing a dress of that length then by all means do so. It's all about confidence. Don't worry about what others think, especially women.....they tend to be judgmental and in many cases jealous. I am 47 and I don't wear a skirt any longer than about 5 inches above my knee ;-) If someone stares or makes a comment.....Just smile and know you look great!!
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote