Don't give up

• The number one reason why people give up so fast is because they tend to look at how far they still have to go, instead of how far they have gotten.
  • Agreed! It can be overwhelming. Breaking weight loss into 5 or 10 pounds at a time can help!
  • I'm not about to give up this time, but I am so guilty of that!!
  • Very true. Looking in the mirror and still seeing that fat woman looking at me, even after losing 50 pounds, can be very discouraging. I've still got over 100 to go. But every day is another opportunity for success. And every off-plan day is another chance to pick up and do it right in the next bite.
  • One reason I've given up in the past is due to extremely slow weight loss. When all the calculators tell you that you should be losing approximately 2 pounds per week, but you're only losing less than a pound a week is very disheartening. I'm dealing with the same thing this time around, but I'm not giving up no matter how long it takes.
  • My husband reminded me the other day that it's not all about the goal weight. Sure, losing 100 lbs is a lot to think about, but when you're 1/4 or 1/2 way there, you will still be looking and feeling better.

I am 1 lb away from 30 lbs lost. That's 1/3 to 90 lbs, my first goal. I can lose 30 lbs 2 more times!
  • I will never give up... never surrender!
  • Quote: One reason I've given up in the past is due to extremely slow weight loss. When all the calculators tell you that you should be losing approximately 2 pounds per week, but you're only losing less than a pound a week is very disheartening. I'm dealing with the same thing this time around, but I'm not giving up no matter how long it takes.
    I've fallen for this one a number of times. But if I take a longer view, and realize that one pound a week ends up with me losing over 50 "by this time next year"... then it's easier to keep going. I also only have a 30 pound loss goal on my ticker at any one time. When I get down to that goal, I'll worry about the next 30 pounds. Until then, it's not important.
  • synger - that is exactly what I've been telling myself. Even if I only lose a pound a week, that is still way better than gaining every week, which seems to be how it goes. And good grief, the time will pass whether I'm on plan or not, might as well be on plan, and add up all those losses!!
  • I've been there. I started in January and there are days I wish it would come off faster than it has...but if I give up now this time next year I'll be right where I was or bigger instead of smaller. Why can't my brain register that? I want it NOW, NOW, NOW! Lolol...but I've given up so many times before. I can't do that this time. There are always those times 'what if I hadn't given up that one time'. I don't want that again.
  • Just keep swimming!!
  • Quote: Just keep swimming!!

• Quote:
    I love finding nemo!!