Old 03-05-2012, 02:13 PM   #31  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

Hon, you are a SUCCESS!! You have lost 50 pounds, even in the midst of temptation and stress that would bow and break a lesser woman. You are still coming here, even though so many others drop from the board when they come up against bad weeks or fall off the wagon.

You have such strength, and are such an inspiration to me. You are aware of your family problems (not sticking your head in the sand), and yet you care for your mother. You have a history of terrible events and yet you labor in love to support and care for your family. A lesser woman would have broken. Given up on her mother. Drunk the Pepsi. Eaten the off-plan food.

But you haven't failed. You're here. You keep fighting. And you're surviving. THIS is what you do for you. Ranting, venting, taking care of yourself... it's all so very important when you're in a stressful situation.

That being said, I do hope you can slowly make some changes in your situation so that it is less stressful. If you're the main grocery-shopper can you get less Pepsi, and not get more until next grocery trip? Wean them away from drinking it all day? Move the off-plan food into a special cupboard so they can get it but you don't have to deal with it? Cook slow-cooker meals on weekends so that you're not so crazy-busy with cooking every night?

You can also see if your church or community groups have any "caretaker support" groups or opportunities. Even if someone can come in to take care of your family once in a while so you have an evening off, it could make a huge change.

Looks like there may be some useful support groups in your area... http://www.nevadacareconnection.org/...tgroupmeetings

And here is a listing of senior care providers... you might be able to hire someone to come in one evening a week or something.
http://www.care.com/senior-care-las-...-q1957080.html
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:34 PM   #32  
Tired Of Just Surviving

S/C/G: 315/272/215

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatgirlie View Post
no advice. just take good care of YOU and please make finding time for yourself your number 1 priority. Keep trying to lose the weight. Never give up. Hugs xo
Thank you hatgirlie
SmallSteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:37 PM   #33  
Tired Of Just Surviving

Quote:
Originally Posted by volleyballsis View Post
Old 03-11-2012, 08:39 PM   #34  
Tired Of Just Surviving

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrophe View Post

It's fine to the be team captain -- you just cannot be the whole football team by yourself!
Thank you astrophe I am finally starting to realize that I need HELP!
Old 03-11-2012, 08:43 PM   #35  
Tired Of Just Surviving

Quote:
Originally Posted by synger View Post
Hon, you are a SUCCESS!! You have lost 50 pounds, even in the midst of temptation and stress that would bow and break a lesser woman. You are still coming here, even though so many others drop from the board when they come up against bad weeks or fall off the wagon.

You have such strength, and are such an inspiration to me. You are aware of your family problems (not sticking your head in the sand), and yet you care for your mother. You have a history of terrible events and yet you labor in love to support and care for your family. A lesser woman would have broken. Given up on her mother. Drunk the Pepsi. Eaten the off-plan food.

But you haven't failed. You're here. You keep fighting. And you're surviving. THIS is what you do for you. Ranting, venting, taking care of yourself... it's all so very important when you're in a stressful situation.

That being said, I do hope you can slowly make some changes in your situation so that it is less stressful. If you're the main grocery-shopper can you get less Pepsi, and not get more until next grocery trip? Wean them away from drinking it all day? Move the off-plan food into a special cupboard so they can get it but you don't have to deal with it? Cook slow-cooker meals on weekends so that you're not so crazy-busy with cooking every night?

You can also see if your church or community groups have any "caretaker support" groups or opportunities. Even if someone can come in to take care of your family once in a while so you have an evening off, it could make a huge change.

Looks like there may be some useful support groups in your area... http://www.nevadacareconnection.org/...tgroupmeetings

And here is a listing of senior care providers... you might be able to hire someone to come in one evening a week or something.
http://www.care.com/senior-care-las-...-q1957080.html

Thank you for all your encouraging words synger

You and everyone else will be happy to know that I have arranged for a friend to come in next Saturday night and sit with my family while I go out with my girlfriends to dinner and a movie.

Small steps right?
Old 03-11-2012, 09:07 PM   #36  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Yay! Yup -- scheduling a guilt free break for you is a fab small step.

Gotta put your OWN oxygen mask on first before you can help anyone else, right?

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:59 PM   #37  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Girl, you are a superstar. You are doing amazing things for your family, AND you are slaying your personal dragons. And like a lot of other people have said, you can't slay dragons if you're running around all day every day taking care of other people's problems. Take a little time for YOU. It's not selfish, it's necessary.

And slipping up isn't failure. Giving up is failure. You can do it - don't give up.

to you. I hope this week is better.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:24 PM   #38  
Tired Of Just Surviving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddy View Post
And slipping up isn't failure. Giving up is failure. You can do it - don't give up
I am learning; This whole journey is a work in progress each and every day.

Last edited by SmallSteps; 03-12-2012 at 04:24 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #39  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Originally Posted by Riddy:
Quote:
And slipping up isn't failure. Giving up is failure. You can do it - don't give up
I'm with Riddy. You go hiking and you trip? You get up, reassess, plan another route, decide to climb down instead of up? That's all fine. You are keeping on with the hike even if it doesn't go where you initially thought.

But a trip isn't reason to just fliiiiing yourself off the whole dang mountain!

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 03-12-2012 at 04:44 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:04 PM   #40  
Tired Of Just Surviving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddy View Post
And slipping up isn't failure. Giving up is failure. You can do it - don't give up.

Yep A! This is my new motto on my signature now!
Old 03-13-2012, 12:52 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 24W/10-12/10-12

Height: 5', 5"

Said a prayer for you today. SOOOO glad you're bringing in someone to give you a break. Enjoy it and make it ALL about YOU
free1 is offline   Reply With Quote