Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 04:45 PM   #1  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Default #183 - It's all about your frame of mind

"To bring one's self to a frame of mind and to the proper energy to accomplish things that require plain hard work continuously is the one big battle that everyone has. When this battle is won for all time, then everything is easy."
-Thomas A. Buckner

Yesterday, I had to go to Buca di Beppo (BDB)... again. Why is it when you're trying to lose weight, people pick places that have no section on the menu titled, "low-fat"?

However, here's my story of truimph. I knew I was going to have BDB alll day. In fact, I knew it all week. Now, what this would normally trigger in me is to just give up. I would eat all day like no one was watching and binge at BDB, then, just call it quits for the whole week. Maybe the whole month.

Instead, I ate OP all day. I knew I couldn't eat OP at BDB. Normally, once I had ingested all that food, I would just go home and have some more. Instead, I recognized that it wasn't OP, but it wasn't the normal "screw it all" mentality either. I ate decent portions and enjoyed myself but didn't gorge. And today, I'm OP.

I came to this reality that life is full of complications. And I can either lie down and surrender or I can take those complications for what their worth and not let it filter into everything. Woo hoo! What an "Ah ha!" moment.

Dana - I love California Pizza Kitchen. There are a bunch of them near me (of course). Their salads are really divine.
Old 03-05-2003, 04:59 PM   #2  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Jessica.. you are so "bang on"!!

I have been trying to do the same thing... ( you just said it so much better then me!)

Just because I am not perfect with my food (say 10 points over or so) doesn't mean I should just "screw off" the rest of the day.

ie. not staying on ww points - but I still exercise!

and yes, this is life ~ it is full of complications - or bumps even.

I am going to buy another California pizza kitchen next week. For the whole pizza it's only 21 points (but I only ate half)

Here is a question for you:
It's 4 pm here.. and I'm starving. I want a 4 point day. I didn't plan for a snack. What do I do? I've already had some 0 point jello. 0 point salad won't cut it.
What would you do? Normally I would just eat chips.. but I know that's a no no
I'm just hungry.

Dana
Old 03-05-2003, 05:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

celery? or carrots? (not knowing the WW points) i like baby carrots. =) and DRINK WATER!!!
Old 03-05-2003, 05:32 PM   #4  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

Holly.. I said I was hungry! sorry.. celery and carrots won't do the job ..LOL
I did eat a natural ovens cookie - 1 pt - filling.

Have any of you tried natural ovens products?
www.naturalovens.com oh so good! and good for you!
Old 03-05-2003, 06:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

haha, sorry. baby carrots always do it for me. =) (i don't like celery.. i was just saying it cuz it's 0 points, right?)

wow, i've never seen those cookins before. 90 calories, with all the fiber! wow! i'll have to find me some. do you have to get them at a special store?
Old 03-05-2003, 06:11 PM   #6  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Dana - Why do you tease me with such yummy stuff when it's no where near me???

I also like quaker brand "Quakes" - mini rice cakes in the chocolate flavor. They're only 60 calories for 7 mini cakes. And they are super yummy.
Old 03-05-2003, 06:38 PM   #7  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Dana, I think Natural Ovens is a local thing, like bratwurst, cheese curds & the Packers. I love their breads.

Good Job @ Buca's Jessica.

*waves to Holly* I hate celery, too. *Mr Yuk smilie*

I think this journey is about 50% mental--ie changing my thinking about food, exercise, body image, etc. The other 50% is made up of healthy eating & exercise.

I copied Daners & Raelynn--tacked up a pair of jeans to the wall (size 18) w/some pretty yellow ribbon through the belt loops & some bows decorating them. I hope to fit into them by fall.
Old 03-05-2003, 06:55 PM   #8  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

natural ovens is a midwest thing..
however, you can order through their web site and their 1-800 # I went and toured their factory. I swear, I could be a spokeswoman!

I have my dh's brother and future wife coming to stay this weekend. Any yummy, somewhat healthy recipes out there? I'm looking for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I was thinking of chicken enchiladas for supper.
- and then chocolate cake for dessert! (sorry, I have cake on the brain right now!) -

I'm off to the Y - before I do some serious damage..

Has anyone heard from Jennifer? Is she coming back? Is her computer working?
Old 03-05-2003, 07:24 PM   #9  

Hi all,

How has everyone been? I have had my ups and downs, mostly downs. My husband was deployed and in the next few weeks will be sent away. At this point, we talk to him and get to see him once a week. Then to top it all off, all of my cars are broken right now. But I have been on program for the last 2 days and am proud of my self.

So here I am again. As frustrated as ever, needing support once more.

Hope to hear from you all,

Thanks,
Bella23
Old 03-05-2003, 07:31 PM   #10  

Well, well, well..look who got dragged back in? Oh, it's been so long. Too too long. I PROMISE I will be maing the udates soon and atching up. This week! Gonna take some time. Glad to see you all here though. Love ya!

Old 03-05-2003, 09:10 PM   #11  

Hi ,

Just wanted to welcome back Jenniffer.

Bella, I'm so sorry to hear that things are not going well for you right now. It must be so difficult with your husband leaving. Please know we're all here for you.

Take care,
Sherry
Old 03-07-2003, 08:42 AM   #12  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

This weekend we are having Jim's brother coming over with his girlfriend. I've decided not to drive my self crazy and go "off" the diet for these 3 days. I will still drink my water and "try" to exercise. I don't need the stress of entertaining and dieting.
Hopefully I won't go too crazy!!!

What plans do you all have for the weekend?

Dana
Old 03-07-2003, 09:41 AM   #13  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Hey there. I don't know why I can't myself going.

I'm feeling in turns frustrated and mildly depressed this morning.

things have just been on a roller coaster here this week. My hubby was about to have a nervous breakdown because of work these past 2 days and now I just got a phone call that he had a heart to heart with his boss and sounds like things are straightened out that way. The baby is better, he was sick a lot last month and at the beginning of this week was still just trying to get back to his normal routine. He's been a real bear too at bedtime, not wanting to go to sleep and I had to let him cry it out a couple of nights. Last night he only fussed for about 4-5 minutes before he went to sleep so that wasn't too bad. As for me I got another part-time job yesterday, don't know how it is going to work out but at least the hours are really flexible.

Well I"m just feeling moody today I guess. I got on the scale and it hasn't budged, I suppose I should be happy that I haven't gained.

I have so many goals and dreams and nothing is happening with them. I know I need to make things happen, they just aren't going to happen on their own. Still it would be nicer if somethings could be a little easier.

So give me some with this whine already.

Take care all. Have a great weekend.
Old 03-07-2003, 09:55 AM   #14  

Bella, I am so sorry to hear about your dh. Your family will be in my prayers.

Jessica, WAY TO GO at Buca!!!! You rock & have a great mindset about this! You are soooo right. Life is complicated & all we can do is make the best decisions about what is dealt to us.

Dana, 21 points for a whole pizza…. Hmmm… I could get into some trouble with that I think!!!! Thankfully there are no CA Pizza Kitchens here! I’m going to have to do some snooping around this weekend to find out where I can buy Natural Ovens items. The cookie sounds really good! Also, I have some really good, easy, tasty recipes at home (a WW cookbook where all the recipes have 5 or less ingredients & the prep work time is under 15 minutes). Let me know if you want me to post some tonight when I get home.

SAPF, I’m SURE you’ll be fitting into those jeans this fall! That is a great motivator.

Jenniffer, glad to see you back & look forward to the update Hope everything is going well!

Not much going on here at the moment. Still struggling day to day, but I think it’s getting a bit better. Yesterday, I was dead on with my program. Today, I have completely planned it to be OP. The weekends are always hard, but I am going in confident that I can succeed. I think the Lenten season has given me a new sense of resolve a bit. We’re going to a “Rally for America” thing this Saturday, which should be cool. It’s at a park in downtown Omaha & the weather is supposed to be nice. Then we’re going to go see “Old School”, which I can not wait to see! I LOVE Will Farrell!!!

Hope everyone is having a fantastic day!
Old 03-07-2003, 10:28 AM   #15  

Hi all! Sorry I haven't been around the last few days, I have been caught by the flu bug. Uggh. This was supposed to be a great month OP too. However, I couldn't get out of bed, so I didn't get any exercise, and I wasn't hungry, but made gatorade and ice cream a staple, so I still went over in points because I drank all of my calories. The good news is that I am feeling better and tomorrow we leave for Disneyland. I should be getting in my exercise there (boy the walking).

Dana, I, too, LOVE California Pizza Kitchen. Especially the frozen pizza's - the 5 cheese pizza. Mmmm. Good luck with your guests visiting. I'm sure that even though you vowed to not worry about the diet, you won't go to extremes. You are doing so well.
Closed Thread