3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Problem Meal (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/253946-problem-meal.html)

SmallSteps 03-01-2012 01:05 AM

Problem Meal

What meal throughout the day gives you the most problems? Why is this meal so difficult? Is there anything you could do to change it?

kcoftx 03-01-2012 02:49 AM

No matter how much I eat earlier in the day, dinner tends to be my most intensive meal. So I don't fight it. I eat lighter earlier in the days so I have room for dinner. If I happen to be too light on calories, I add a snack or nuts.

Also, I try to plan what dinner will be earlier, when possible so I can spread things out better. If I know I'm going out, I reduce what I eat earlier as well. I don't typically skip any meals. I see it more as budgeting. With that must come a little thinking about what my daily activities will likely bring and how my meals might fit into that.

jitterfish 03-01-2012 02:52 AM

I budget for dinner too. I know they say you should eat more in the morning (eat like a king in the morning, prince at lunch and pauper at dinner), but I like the big meal at night.

But lunch is my hardest. I get bored with lunch, and if I'm not organised then I'll just go for eating crap.

DesertTabby 03-01-2012 03:13 AM

I prefer to have light breakfasts and lunches with heavier dinner as well. I like sandwiches and some salads/soups that don't leave me feeling heavy and sleepy while the sun is still out.

Unfortunately however lunch always ends up being the heaviest one because it's the one I have no control over - it's home-cooked but I rarely know what goes in (I don't cook it, I come home to it.) So it ends up being a light breakfast (~250-350 calories), heavier lunch (~500-600) then I budget my calories for the remainder of the day. It has made my progress slow but at least its steady.

SmallSteps 03-01-2012 05:56 PM

Breakfast is my absolute WORST meal. I hate getting up early in the morning, I hate eating first thing in the morning, and I hate trying to figure out what I can actual stomach if I do eat in the morning.

sigggggggggggggghh

astrophe 03-01-2012 06:00 PM

Hrm. Apart from avoiding trigger foods that mess with my blood sugar?

It's not the meals. It's the times. Midcycle and period time specifically. Drive me nuts!

A.

Laura78 03-01-2012 06:24 PM

For me it's snacking at night. I try to save 150-200 calories for snacking, so I have a super light dinner (like 200 cals or so) and then some snacks. This has worked well and has kept me from binging!

Lunch is my biggest meal of the day.

alitorry 03-01-2012 07:20 PM

hmm, sometimes it's dinner, only because I try to make something healthy and if it tastes good, I might eat a bigger than normal portion. Only because I usually eat package meals for lunch, so I get a little off for dinner. My other difficult time is definitely 3pm. I always want to snack.

femme fatale 03-01-2012 07:30 PM

They are all giving me a problem, haha. Seriously, breakfast is tough because I have never been a breakfast person. I hate eating in the morning, but I know I will have to start.

Lyla 03-01-2012 07:44 PM

Breakfast, i'm just not hungry in the mornings

linJber 03-01-2012 11:59 PM

Meals have never been a problem - it's the snacking at night that gets me. I just have to fight it.

As for those who don't like breakfast - it really is important to eat something to get your day off to a good start. Think non-traditional foods, maybe. A couple small chunks of cheese (or a pre-packaged piece of string cheese) along with a few whole grain crackers and a small serving of fruit, maybe. Or yogurt with fruit in it and some granola on top.

Lin