Old 02-29-2012, 09:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 285/249.6/175

Height: 5'7"

Default Naan Bread Pizza Saved My Day...

Here's my story about today and the yummy Naan Bread Pizza I posted about a week or so ago... I was having an awesome day on track with calories, had an awesome work out with the trainer at the gym. Then someone in my house (who I do love with all my heart) REALLY TICKED ME OFF and all I could think about was food. My mind started spinning out of control... Tacos, Burgers, Cookies, Ice Cream I wanted to eat it all. I even started to rationalize in my head that one bad night wouldn't hurt, I can go up a few pounds today, I will just work it off!
I am not sure how I did it but I reached deep down inside and grabbed every ounce of will power I had and went to the grocery store, passing McDonalds, Taco Bell, Burger King and just about every other fast food place that exists on the way and bought what I needed to make the Naan Bread Pizza. Drove home past all those fast food places again and made my pizza. I feel so much better now (still not happy with the hubby) all the bad cravings are gone and I feel back in control!
It is amazing to me how easy it is to give into the temptations that pop up along the way and I am happy to say tonight I didn't give in. I have found on this journey I need to celebrate the small victories along the way and this was my victory for the day!
suzukigurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:12 AM   #2  
pick your hard

S/C/G: 240/192/145

Pure willpower!
Kitcherella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 248/234.6/150

Height: 5'6"

Awesome!! It is amazing how we literally have to retrain our bodies. In the past, I would normally "reward" myself with food... Now my rewards are little trips, new hair cut, etc. And I know what you mean about heading straight for the fast food after a fight... nothing quite like some nice, greasy, carbohydrate laden fast food to make us feel better (temporarily). It's so great you stuck to your guns... you would've regretted it afterwards and felt even worse.

My hubby and I got into an argument a few weeks ago, while on the way to the gym. I almost let it stop me from going in and working out (I literally didn't want to be in the same building with him...grrr), but I realized that I would only be hurting myself, and it would probably be good to blow off that extra energy.

Ahhh...husbands. They should know better than to mess with a woman without any chocolate in the house!

strngsrvrbird is offline   Reply With Quote