Old 02-24-2012, 03:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Default This is SO FREAKING ANNOYING!!!

You know, overall I am pretty happy about my "maintaining" a big loss, but some days/moments I just want to SCREAM!!!! I am one of those people who gains and loses the same 10 pounds over and over and over and over and over because I will stick to a plan for awhile, lose weight, then start eating junk and regain it. It will take me a MONTH to lose 8 pounds and then I can regain it in one weekend of eating crap. It SUCKS. I am trying to fix it.

I have done fine with keeping off a huge amount of weight, but I have struggled so much getting lower.

It is exciting the first time you are watching the scale go... 205, 204, 203, 202, 201... YAY 199!! etc. But the second, third... seventh time you go through those numbers it is NOT exciting, it is maddening, frustrating, tiring working so hard to do it AGAIN. You know what I mean??

Gosh. I am thankful I have changed a lot of habits in my life, I am thankful for the 75-80 pounds I have kept off, but for heavens sakes I am so so sick of re-losing the same pounds!! I just want to be done with this already.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 03:23 PM   #2  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Yes. I try to tell myself I'm happy not to be putting 100 lbs back on, but WHY WHY WHY can't I get down to 150?
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 03:36 PM   #3  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

I hear you, sister!! You're not alone!
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Lyn - I hear ya! I understand totally how you feel. I am sorry you are feeling so frustrated.

It's what can happen. We are 'eaters' - it's what we do...it's how some of us deal with life. Sometimes we are better at food sanity than others. But, the main thing is we can never stop trying (again).

Sometimes, when I need to 'try again' after a gain... I switch it up a little bit...just to make it fresh.

We can't change anything we've already done. All we can do is try and learn from it. So... my philosophy is: learn from the past, plan for the future... but, take one day at a time.

Hang in there... you'll get there.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:42 PM   #5  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Yes, many of us have and/or are experiencing the same thing you are. I have lost 86 lbs, but I still have a long way to go. I seem to be stuck a bit right now, although I am still losing inches -- so that's a NSV that I'll take for now. Regardless, I am continuing to work it. Plus, I agree with BEVERLYJOY ...

Quote:
Learn from the past, plan for the future; but, take it one day at a time!
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:17 PM   #6  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Height: 5'4

I thanks for posting my very own thoughts . I feel the very same way. I have'nt been on 3fc in forever . You were the first post I read and WOW hit me right in the face ! I have got to hang out here more often. It truely helps me not feel so alone !
Dumplin is offline   Reply With Quote