If you are still here... hooray!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • A study in the UK said that most people who 'start diets' as a New Year's resolution - stay on these food/healthy living plans for 3 - 5 weeks. So, if you are still here now - you are really 'on your way' to making some lifelong changes.

Pat yourself on the back and carry on!!! You have already beat the odds. You rock.
  • yea for us! We're already beating the odds!
  • Yay for us! Thanks for the reminder. These weren't just stereotypical New Year's resolutions, but real changes.
  • Funny you should bring this up. Last March I was talking to my aunt who lives in another state. I told her I had joined a gym in January with a group of friends and was trying to lose weight. She joked, "So how many of you are still going to the gym 2 months later?" I can say - all of us - and we still are. and we've all lost weight.

I think the consistent members in here fall into a different category statistically. We're here for a reason. It's nice to be reminded that we're beating the odds - for the most part, anyway.

Lin
  • I started January 2. But it wasnt really a resolution. But I guess it still counts. Good for us!
  • LOL You're the best Awesome sentiment!
  • technically my resolution started february 1st since i was traveling for a lot of january... SO i still have a few more weeks. sad face.
  • Yay =D...This board is funny because I was just thinking how my gym is already starting to empty out. I go to Planet Fitness and throughout Jan, I couldn't get a machine right away. And this one is HUGEEEE. A few days ago the gym looked like it did when I first joined ^_^ and I thought, guess people are starting to give up on their NY resolutions...I kinda secretly did a dance tho D;...because now I can go right to working out...
  • Ah this gives me even more motivation!
  • yay! I've been OP since January 1st! Then switched plans January 9th, but have been on THAT plan for 6 weeks tomorrow
  • Great work to all who are hanging in there. Some people (not us!) just don't get that the changes have to be permanent.

Lin
  • to all of us who are committed!
  • And this is why I love 3FC, when I feel my motivation sliding I come here for a good dose of "you can do it". And this post makes me feel proud and happy for everyone who is kicking fat-***.
  • I think that sometimes those of us who keep on trucking don't give ourselves enough credit for how uncommon it is to keep going through a large weight loss. It really is quite extraordinary.