I've got many reasons, but they change "priority" from day to day. Some days it's for health. Some days it's emotional. Some days it's 100% shallow. And I'm cool with all of it. Whatever gets me to my goals!
Here are some of my top reasons (no ranking in particular, just listed):
- I want to both look & feel fit.
- I want a long, and healthy life.
- I want to be able to do normal things (take stairs, go for long walks, bend, stretch, and move) without even thinking about it. I don't want normal things to cause me discomfort. (Like huffing and puffing on stairs still does.)
- I want life to be about more than what there is to eat.
- I want to buy clothes at more stores.
- I want to "lose sight" of my size when I'm in public, and walk through spaces without wondering if I have to turn sideways or squeeze through.
- More clothes will look smashing on me.
- I won't even have to consider whether or not I'll fit in an airplane seat, or a train seat, if a seat belt will fit me, etc.
- I'll be able to buy clothes based upon whether or not I actually like
them, and not just grab something "because it fits".
Again, no particular order. Those are things that keep me going from day to day.