Old 02-11-2012, 05:56 PM   #1  
Tired Of Just Surviving

S/C/G: 315/272/215

Height: 5'7

Default Anyone have a Bodybugg

Has anyone got one? How is going for you? Thinking about buying one but I need some reviews!
SmallSteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 06:07 PM   #2  

Hi,
I am also interested in learning more about them. I also wonder about the costs but could not get into their site for some reason. I so love gadgets.

Sheridan
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 06:10 PM   #3  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

I have the Body Media version which I think is made by the same company. I love it! I wear it 24/7, don't even feel it anymore. I love the food journaling function on the web site, very easy to use. Highly recommend it!
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:14 AM   #4  

Height: 5'3"

Would love to have one of these also but I don't know a great deal about them. Interested to read what others have to say about it. Do they sell these in stores or is it just online?
SLB3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:46 PM   #5  
BACON

S/C/G: 220/220/150

Height: 5'2

I ordered mine today from 24hourfitness I got the V3 version with the display. I've not heard good reviews on the SP that uses your smart phone for display.

I do not recommend using apexfitness to order as their sit is not completely secure. You'd have to call if you wanna be safe and order.

Also google those coupon codes!

As far as I know you can only get them online. at 24hour fitness or apexfitness.

They count all of you activity. even monitor your sleep. and as long as you enter your foods on the wedsite it gives you your calorie deficit.
LEESE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:18 PM   #6  
Pinup extraordinaire!

S/C/G: 273/232.4/165

Height: 5'8"

No but I would LOVE one!
tessendicott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 256/204/130

Height: 5'4"

I have one a love it!! I had a few problems figuring out their website (due to browser issues), but now it's great! I like that it helps me figure approx. how many calories burned. Logging food is a pain on their site, but I've worked around that as well. Keeps me on track for sure! They say it has a 90% accuracy rate.
Curvaliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:39 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 248/183/150

Height: 5' 6"

I've had my Bodybugg for about 7 weeks, and have been using it faithfully.

I bought the v3 that included the wrist band display, and a one year online membership.

Though I'm finding it useful, it hasn't lived up to my expectations, and I would not recommend it for the following reasons:
  • Activity registered is mostly walking. It virtually ignores my resistance training.
  • The website is static. It seems to have been set up and forgotten. They've closed down the community forum, and provide a link to a useless Facebook page.
  • They promise a personal trainer/coach will contact you to answer questions, but it didn't happen for me.
  • The website is quirky. It logs me out regularly, sometimes within seconds of logging in. Logging in food items can be torture sometimes, and won't let me edit quantities. It crashes my computer when logging in weight. (My computer and software matches their set requirements.)
  • The armband becomes quite irritating, as does the wristband.

I don't know if getting a BodyMediaFit would be better. It's the same device with a different Web interface. It's a bit more expensive, and some models supposedly register sleep activity. It might still favor walking over other types of activity, however.

Having a gadget is fun, though. And I do like to check the steps, and activity registered. Even though I question its accuracy, at least I can compare it from day to day.

Next time I have extra money to throw around, I'll try a FitBit, which doesn't promise as much, is less expensive, and connects with free online sites.
Salley is offline   Reply With Quote