Old 01-20-2012, 11:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 234.5/224/155(135 dream goal)

Height: 5 6

Default My 20th post Woohoo! (and losing already!)

So exited when I just realized this will be my 20th post, so I'll be meeting one of the criteria to be an "official" member here, get to have a siggy (can't wait!) etc!
I don't know why, but deriving joy from getting to any kind of mini goal really keeps things exciting. I am beginning to see the sense of why setting mini goals and having mini victories everywhere is so important!

I weighed 234.5 on Monday (the day I finally got serious).
Since then the biggest change I have made and really just starting to avoid junk, portion control and not eating deep into the evenings (I stay up late). That and drinking tons of water (I SUCK with drinking water typically). I have also made it to the gym as many times as I could.
I am just getting started, and trying to figure it all out, but am already feeling so excited, full of energy and starting to believe that this is finally the "for real" thing - not just fooling myself that I am "doing something" because I worked out for 20 minutes when I am still pigging out on cookies.

Today the scale showed me 230.5 - a nice 4lb loss on the scale to get me started. Considering I only started 4 days ago, this feels very generous and I am anxious to keep it going.

Joining this community has by far made the biggest impact so far in terms of believing I can stick with it. The stories, the women and the energy here is nothing short of inspiring.
So glad to gradually be making it into the club!
facingfacts12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:38 AM   #2  
I choose me...

S/C/G: HW 265/SW 240/CW ticker/GW 150

Height: 5 Ft 3

Hee hee! Yeah getting a ticker ROCKS! I can't wait to see yours And a 4lbs LOSS GIRL WAHOOO!!! This place really is an amazing place, I don't think I will ever leave. To keep me in maintenance I'm going to keep coming here to keep me on track! It's really such a great place for support and resources. Glad you found us and I can't wait to see you progress even more
InsideMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:49 AM   #3  
slim endgame

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

Yay Awesome!! You are off to a great start!
I have to look at my weight loss 5 Lbs. at a time. If I look at the whole picture it overwhelms me. So I celebrate every 5 Lb. loss (in a non food way of course)
I can't wait to see your new ticker- and I'm looking forward to reading about your progress. If I remember correctly I think it is 20 posts and 20 day's to get your weight loss ticker. This helps to protect the site from spammers.
goal4agirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 289/277/170

Height: 5'9

That's a great way to start! 4 lbs for just figuring it all out is great. I am just starting as well and have just seen my dr. to tell her about my plan. I will be starting Medifast on Monday (if my food every gets here) and have starting doing small things like starting to drink more water. I've been starting to get between 32-64 oz and it has been hard since I don't really like drinking water in the winter. I need to start getting some hot tea in there so I don't feel like I'm drowning! Also, I think when I start exercising I'll be more prone to drinking more.
I am planning on getting my starting weight when I begin on Monday but anticipate it will be around 287. Getting under 200 has been a dream of mine for a long time. I think w/ the encouragement and knowledge found here...it will happen this time!
Best of luck to you!
mom2sweetT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:26 PM   #5  

mom2sweetT, trust me I am the WORST when it comes to drinking water. But I figure I need to drink about 4 of the 16fl oz water bottles daily.
Someone once told me that if by the end of the morning they have not drank their first cup of water they know they are in trouble. This has stuck with me - because it is so true, if the day wears on and you have not even started on the water yet, chances are you will not drink as much as you need.
So I start early and sip on it all day and gulp down as often as I can.
I think about it this way, even though it feels against the grain to me to drink a lot of water, it is still easier to do than to resist all the cravings/temptations I would have. It is also easier to do than to get my butt to the gym. In fact it is one of the easiest things to do to make a big difference right away. I mean, if someone told you, down this glass of water and you will instantly lose 10lbs, you would do it without even blinking, right?
So maybe the deal is not that good and that instant - but it is along the same lines.
The benefits are too great.
- for one, you can't break down fat without water
- two, it is awesome for your skin (one of the best skin care things you can do)
- three, it fills you up so you don't eat as much (I think half the time I am eating it is because I'm thirsty. I am deriving all that water I need from food instead of from the pure source, water itself)

That's just for starters. I think about all those things and I keep drinking. I feel hydrated and full of energy. Plus it is this constant feeling that I am "doing something" every time I take a sip or gulp from that bottle.

Totally doable!
Excited for you and for your journey as well!
Old 01-20-2012, 01:57 PM   #6  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

I think getting that ticker in my sig was what kept me posting the first few weeks. I wasen't even sure of the number, just had someone tell me you needed to have a certain amount. When I got it, it felt like an accomplishment and kind of got me thinging "yea...i'm a member on here" Every goal helps to keep you modivated

Congrats on losing because now you know your doing something right. Those first few feel so amazing. And every loss after feels just as good. Keep posting here to stay modivated I couldn't imagine not comming on these fourms now. Good luck
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:41 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

WONDERFUL!

You are off to a wonderful start! It will be fun to get your ticker, etc.

Carry on!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 04:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Great start to your journey! What a great week you've had.

Here's a tip for drinking water that works for me. It seems counterproductive, but I keep a 20 ounce water bottle on the sink top in the bathroom. Every time I go potty, I drink at least half the bottle - just drink it down. Not for thirst, not for enjoyment. I just do it. fill it back up and put it back on the sink. I can do this at work because not many people use the bathroom (small office) and no one bothers it there. If I had to keep it in my office, I'd just carry it with me to the bathroom and do the same thing. Give it a try and see if it works for you.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:52 AM   #9  
pick your hard

S/C/G: 240/192/145

I am right there with you. I am also new, I can't wait to get a ticker, I am very excited to have found this forum, I just can't stop reading, I've lost 9lb so far I am so close to my first mini goal I can taste it - Let's do it!!!
As for the water, I always have a pint glass near me (only used for beer before) and depending on mood I add a slice of lemon, orange or leaves of fresh mint and/or basil.
Kitcherella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:42 PM   #10  

Kitcherella, a 9 pound loss already? WOW!! How long have you been at it?
I am trying to get into the "20s".. hovering at 230 right now and every once in a while will see that 20 number come and go....
Crazy, when I was gaining I recall seeing 216 and wishing I hadn't seen that... now I cant wait to get BACK there.
Its actually crazy how these pounds creep up on you. And when I was in denial I would see a 5lb gain and go, oh well... what's the difference. Not that I was happy about it.
The difference is the time it takes to shed them off!!!

linJber, thank you for the water drinking tips! Sounds totally logical!! I can't keep a bottle at work but am gonna try that trick at home
Old 01-25-2012, 01:26 PM   #11  
50 and Fabulous :)

S/C/G: 250/229/160

Height: 5'4"

You go girl! How awesome! I find the more success the easier it is to build on it... then it's just a matter of diligence and patience (my two least favorite things lol!)

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!
fyreflie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:21 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 289/277/170

Height: 5'9

I have noticed that my skin looks much better since I started drinking more water last week. I only started my Medifast on Monday but I'm glad I started on the water last week...made things much easier this week.
I've lost 4 lbs already in just two days...I know that will change but it's a good boost to get this plan on track.
Unfortunately, I may have to have foot surgery soon which will put a damper on the exercising I was hoping to start in two weeks. We'll see what happens with that and I'm sure there are some things I may be able to due w/o putting pressure on my foot.
mom2sweetT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:07 PM   #13  
pick your hard

S/C/G: 240/192/145

Thank you Facingfacts12 !!! I started nearly 3 weeks ago and I feel great! I don't know whether it is the healthier diet or me self-motivating (or the combination) but I feel I have more energy already.
And yes pounds are CREEPY things
Kitcherella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:33 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 357/ticker/157

Height: 5'6"

I feel just like you do. I'm so happy I found this community. I don't feel so alone anymore, and reading the goal stories has been beyond inspirational.

I can't wait to get my ticker!
saltatoria is offline   Reply With Quote