Old 01-19-2012, 01:17 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default I'm Pregnant!!!

Ok I really NEED to hear from ladies who have had a baby at around my size and see what I should expect. Please let me know! Going mad lol. I am 26 years old this is my first baby and I am at 267 lbs. I have lost 57 before I found out I am pregnant, I am no longer dieting but I am being very picky on what I eat, no junk only whole foods. No soda only water and maybe tea have not tried it baby HATES Diet soda! Oh I am six weeks and four days along due date is September 8th. Seeing a Dr. in the morning.
Rebecca85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 350+/172/150

Height: 5'3"

That's wonderful!! I was always between 250 and 260 when I got pregnant. Twice I had healthy children but gained more than I would have liked - some during the pregnancy but mostly afterward. I don't know if it was being home with babies, the sleep disruption, having no time to focus on my needs because I was so focused on theirs, etc...
I actually felt great pregnant at that weight. Both times I had some swelling in my legs and feet at the end of the pregnancy, but that was about it for pain/discomfort... I tended to feel kicking a little later, but when I felt it really felt it.
Incidentally, my OB told me to be careful - that that you are more fertile when you have lost weight... That was my experience too - I had lost to get down around 250ish and started getting pregnant at that weight...
freefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I don't have that experience. But, there is a forum for folks Pregnant and/or Nursing.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pregnant-nursing-173/

You will get support here and there, too.

Congrats!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:14 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 285/211/165

Height: 5'6"

Congrats!! I was in the 260s when I was pregnant with my son. I gained 8 lbs total. My doctor was fine with minimal weight gain because the baby's growth was normal. I didn't develop gestational diabetes or have any problems like that. I guess the only issue was that it was harder for them to see certain things on ultrasound because there was a thicker layer of fat to go through.

I actually had an easier time physically than my thin friends because my body was already used to being big not to say I didn't have aches and pains and trouble getting comfortable in bed in the last trimester, but it was manageable. Best wishes!!!
juliana77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 234.5/224/155(135 dream goal)

Height: 5 6

Just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!
There is no joy greater in this world, than bringing a child into it.

While I cannot talk about being preggers at that particular weight, I can only offer advise to not lose guard and get into the eat-whatever-you-want mode. You should be fine to gain VERY little weight and still have a very healthy pregnancy. Which is a nice bonus, when after delivering you bounce right back.

I wish I hadn't gained so much since I didn't start at the weight I'd wanted to be at - I gained 40lbs with my second but had a really big baby. However, 11 days after delivering I melted right back to my pre-pregnancy weight. There's some magic that happens right after delivery! Basically in 11 days, the 40lbs I was carrying around were totally gone.

Here's to a happy and healthy 9 months to you. Enjoy every minute!
facingfacts12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:47 AM   #6  
Kelly-Blue Team!

S/C/G: 231.6/189.6/130

Height: 5'3

Smile

Congratulations!
My last baby is 9 months old now. When I found out I was pregnant with him I weighed 238. I was so scared about my weight but the "morning sickness" that lasted all day my entire pregnancy kind of helped. I didn't start gaining weight until my 7th month. Nobody could tell I was pregnant until the very end and the doc. office had a hard time hearing the heartbeat in the begining cuz of my fat tummy. In the end I gained 12 lbs. I had a c-sec so I was in the hospital for 4 days but when I got home I hit the scale and was down to 225 just from having him. So, ya, basically, my baby boy stayed perfectly healthy while I lost weight, lol. Unfortunately, I had my appetite back so I started gaining after that even though I was breastfeeding. That's how I ended up in the 230's and now I'm here, 2 weeks into my new life at 223.8.
He was my 4th baby. With my other 3 I wasn't nearly as heavy starting out, but gained about 35 lbs with each of them. I have to say heartburn was the biggest difference. I was tortured with it this time and i really think it was because of my weight. The doctor told me what otc meds to take and if I had to sleep on my left side rather than my right to help the acids stay down.
qtapostolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 256/204/130

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations!! I was around that weight with my first child! Loads of morning sickness at first, but a very healthy pregnancy and delivery. I gained 18 pnds.

With one of my other pregnancies I gained 10pnds in one month and the dr. asked if I could watch it. I then went on vacation, ate what I wanted, but swam every day and lost 8 pnds. So...move, move, move. I also went to a water aerobics pregnancy class and LOVED it!!

They did have a hard time hearing the heartbeat with the stethoscope for a while (probably because of weight).

That's about ti. ENJOY and take care of yourself! You are going to have so much fun!
Curvaliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:59 PM   #8  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Congratulations! I have been pregnant around your size and done very well, but I must advise you to be careful with your diet, as you are already going to be more prone to some pregnancy complications. Eat lots of protein, vegetables, and fruit, watch it on the bread products and sugar. Get plenty of fat and salt, those are excellent for you, but there is no need to raise your daily calorie intake significantly. If you keep it under control (between 2000-2200 a day or so) you should gain minimal extra weight and be well nourished, if the composition of those calories is healthy.

Seriously, dietary choices make THE biggest difference in healthy blood chemistry or problems for normal women without predisposed conditions, when it comes to pregnancy. None of this 'eating for two' or enjoying treats nonsense, if you can help it. Good nourishment for you and baby creates the very best outcomes for all involved.

I encourage you to check out the pregnancy and nursing board on here, they have some wise advice. Once again, congratulations on your pregnancy!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:52 PM   #9  

Height: 5'6

Thank you ladies had Dr. visit today she said looks very healthy and she is not at all worried! Yay You guy are awesom for answering so fast!!
Rebecca85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 04:58 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

No advice - I was 155 when I got pregnant 30 years ago. It was AFTER the baby was born that I packed it on big time! HaHa. I just want to say "Congratulations" and I hope you'll keep us posted as you go along.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:10 PM   #11  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I got pregnant after losing 60 pounds (down to 225). I really didn't want to gain at all during the pregnancy but 20 weeks of morning sickness made me gain, not lose weight. Ellie is 7 months old now and I'm ten pounds away from my pre-preg weight.

My advice is to WALK (I did three miles the day she was born). And I think I avoided a lot of complications because of that. Except for the morning sickness, my pregnancy was easy, and labor was "easy" (no such thing!).
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:21 PM   #12  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

I was 275 when I got pregnant, and about 285 when I gave birth. I had a c-section, but she and I were both healthy and happy.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote