using the right music so important-great workout!!

• Hi,

I realized one of the reasons I wasn't ever into workout videos (besides being an out of shape, uncoordinated klutz) was the crappy, canned music a lot of them use (I know Richard Simmons uses decent music, but there's no instruction for the moves). I love music, and hate listening to "muzak." It does not motivate me.

I put on one of my favorite upbeat cds-Joan Osborne-Righteous Love (anyone else here like her?) It made such a huge difference. I felt much more energized and into the workout than I ever have.
    No offense to Leslie Sansone, but the music in the workout stinks. I just turned the volume down, and played my own music.
    It was great

Still bouncing,
    Sherry

If anyone has suggestions for other music, please share.
  • I like Pink, she gets me going, and moving, and singing. But I know what you mean about the music in excercise videos. I turned down my favorite aerobics tape and did it to rap music the other day. Worked out fine.

Miss Chris
  • I like Pink too!

I tend to choose techno music like Prodigy or Rage Against the Machine. Usually something angry.

But there's also a great series called JOCK ROCK! that I adore!!
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...music&n=507846

The music is pumping and always makes me want to move my butt.
  • I went to an aerobics class for "active older adults" this morning although I don't qualify as an "older adult" until April. My DH and I were the youngest in the group by at least a decade. I enjoyed the workout, but the music was geared toward people in their late 60s or 70s, which left a lot to be desired.

I attended another class for large, but not old, women with much better music and played nice and loud, but the workout wasn't quite as good. So I decided I'm going to both classes.

I like really pounding, loud music. I don't care who it is--just has to have a great beat and be loud.