Old 01-15-2012, 09:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

Height: 5'6"

Default Back to actively losing weight

I've been missing for a long time, but since the first of the year, I've been working on actively losing weight again after several months of passive weight loss.

After a long hiatus, as of this past September, I had not only gained back everything I had previously lost (for the 900th time), but I also reached my highest weight ever. I no longer had any clothes that fit. My sister gave me some old clothes of hers and there were two pairs of dress pants with a lot of stretch in them and had to wear them practically everywhere I went.

Things changed in October though. First off, I got food poisoning in the beginning of October and while that it's self didn't cause me to lose much weight, nothing permanent at least, what it did do is for a full month after, if I ate too much or with too much fat/grease, my stomach would hurt. Doctor said it wasn't unusual with food poisoning but it definitely caused me to cut way back on my eating. The food poisoning also completely turned me off fast food, actually almost all restaurant foods. It was irrational, but I just couldn't handle other people preparing my food. Those two things together started my passive weight loss. Since October, even through the holidays, which was a first, I lost 30lbs. I actually did a holiday season with no baked goods, no holiday candy. Even at holiday parties I controlled my eating. I still had a horrible diet though. Mostly starchy carbs, little to no vegetables. Since the first of the year, I've made the rest of the changes I needed to make. Actually counting calories, eating vegetables, an actual balanced diet. I am also back to running/walking and regular exercise.

I am determined to make this my year. I'm so glad to be back. I have several very big life events coming up this year, I want to add finally getting healthy to those events.
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Great job, Amanda. Now keep all those things in focus and keep up the good work you've done so far. What events are coming up? Maybe a challenge is in order? They always seem to help me stay on plan because of the support and the feeling of being accountable to others besides myself.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:04 AM   #3  
IF for Life

S/C/G: 198/183/147

Height: 5'8"

Welcome Back!
Good for you on deciding to get healthy again. As you know, this is the place to be.
Italiannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:12 PM   #4  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

I've had food poisoning, actually more than once, I hate to say. Sorry you had to go through that! But wow, congratulations on using it as a springboard!
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:43 PM   #5  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I'm sorry you had a regain but it sounds like you're back on track. Just keep chugging!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Great that you are getting back on track!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:21 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

We all have had to start again over the years... it's the nature of being overweight, sometimes.

But - you are doing it!! Awesome.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:55 AM   #8  
slim endgame

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

Oh hun I also have had some issues with turning and gaining back. I am finally staring to learn that it is just not worth it. The months that I get off plan even though I am not hungry I'm just not happy really. The times I am on my plan and trying to lose weight I just feel better about myself. Even if the scale moves down slowly I just feel better.
Congratulations on coming back and working on this again. It's not so easy but oh so worth it!
goal4agirl is offline   Reply With Quote