Old 01-12-2012, 08:54 PM   #1  
Kelly-Blue Team!

S/C/G: 231.6/189.6/130

Height: 5'3

Default I was scared...

Evenings are so difficult for me. It's always been SNACK time. So, getting on this site in the evenings is helping me avoid the kitchen and writing in my blog is helping me vent and keep focus. While writing in my blog, however, I realized I kept saying "I'm Scared". I have been scared that I won't lose the weight. I've been scared that I will lose it but gain it back plus some. I've been scared to go near food or cook for my family.
Tonight while reading through different posts I realized I only have one thing to actually be afraid of... staying this big. I realized my weight really is up to me, myself, and I. If I stay committed, focused, and aware of how easy it is to gain the weight even when I get smaller, then I can succeed. I have to make myself a priority and love myself enough to avoid the bad decisions that have led me to abuse myself. It seems easier to type these words than to believe them but I will try and I will keep trying some more and I won't be scared to improve my life anymore!
qtapostolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW 136 CW 105 and maintaining

Height: 5.2

And possibly you have also been scared of losing weight... But enough fear alredy! One day at a time, you will see that nothing bad happens to you, than you can lose weight and not regain it if you try every day as hard as the day before. And if one day is not as good as you expected, get back on your feet for breakfast, and start over. Good luch!
inglesita64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:29 PM   #3  
Kelly-Blue Team!

Default why am I scared to lose weight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by inglesita64 View Post
And possibly you have also been scared of losing weight..
I have realized losing weight is more of a mental struggle than a physical one for me so I'm trying to figure myself out to fix the bad thinking patterns. I've never thought about being scared to actually lose the weight. can you explain why that might happen so I can examine my brain?
Old 01-12-2012, 09:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 298/240/160

Hi, I'm new to this site but I totally understand and I get exactly where you are coming from. When I started on this journey over 2 years ago I ended up losing 100 pounds, but gained back 45 these past 6 months. So here I again. Starting back and I'm so scared that I won't be successful. But reading that other people are in the same boat as I am really helps. I want to stop the feeling of fear and just try to be more aware
Losingit82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 286/153/155

Height: 5'9

Be brave and be strong. You are doing so good realizing that you are scared. Loving yourself and making a commitment to yourself and your health is a big deal. I think it would be scarier to not do something. You can do this.
Madame Souza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:56 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Welcome to the forum. You're on the right track for success. Focus on today - better yet, focus on your next food decision - and make the best choices you can make. If you foul up, make the very next decision a good one.

Realizing that your are miserable because of your weight is certainly the best first step to losing weight, in my opinion. Let that guide your decisions and remember that food put the weight on - eating will not solve the problem! We all have to get to that point, I think, to be long term successful. you're SO right that this is a mental game. I've said that all along.

I think evenings are the worst for lots of us. I know that's my weakest time. Everything is done, you can relax a bit, and the thoughtless eating starts. Keep fruit on hand, and don't take snacks with you into the TV room. Eat only in the kitchen, sitting at the table, maybe. It makes snacking harder if you follow a couple simple rules like that.

Good luck. Drop the fear and replace it with a sense of accomplishment. You can do this, and we're here for support.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:00 AM   #7  
I choose me...

S/C/G: HW 265/SW 240/CW ticker/GW 150

Height: 5 Ft 3

It is mental. As you continue you may discover new fears as you progress. I have, and realized why I kep the weight on, but working through those fears and becoming aware of yourself will help you in the long run. You are getting healthier mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually! It's the best you yet and so glad you are here and feel deserving of it
InsideMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:21 AM   #8  
Kelly-Blue Team!

Default thank you all

thank you all for the positive and supportive responses. It's really good to know I'm not alone, that others are experiencing the same mental battles. When I've felt I was the "only" one it seemed like a good excuse to continue in my unhealthy lifestyle. With all the individuals on this forum, with their struggles and, even more, their successes-it leaves no room for exuses
Old 01-13-2012, 11:21 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 265/(ticker)/155

Height: 5'6"

I loved reading your post... I'm scared, too... of so much.

I'm scared that this weight loss journey will be like my others- unsuccessful.

I'm scared that it will take me so long to look thinner that nobody will notice and I'll get discouraged- that is what happened last time. Lost 30 lbs and was still wearing the same pair of jeans

I'm scared that I will never get to have a totally junky meal again.

I'm scared that I will have too many totally junky meals and sabotage myself.

That's why these forums are so great... we have eachother to vent too

Don't be scared... I have faith in you! You can do it!
Underwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 01:00 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

To qtapostolic and Underwater: We're all in this together. I started this weight loss trip one year ago today. I lost 90 pounds by October 1st. I've maintained for the past 4 1/2 months. I have a long way to go - I hope to maintain for 400 or more months! I'm 60 and my age didn't factor in at all. I love food and I just substituted good fruits and veggies for the carbs for the most part. I miss the pasta and bread at almost every meal, but not so much that I want to ruin what I've done so far. I can eat totally junky once in a while if I want to. You guys are going to find out how motivated you'll be once you start losing and there will be no stopping you. It takes 30 pounds before anyone notices - that's just how it is. I guess we should be glad no one notices it as it's getting piled on! They will notice the weight coming off - I promise you. and the compliments will keep you motivated.

Join a short term challenge. Join the 10 pound "decade" threads. Do whatever it takes to stay motivated TODAY. Then do it again tomorrow. Not just until the weight come off, but for the rest of your life. You're worth the effort.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:24 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

The past is over... yes, it's good to learn from the past & prepare for the future. Then take it one day at time - one meal at a time, too..

I think we all have these thoughts of what if I lose and gain it back. We can't worry about 'what if' - just be kind to ourselves and make good choices that result in food sanity.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:56 PM   #12  
Kelly-Blue Team!

I am so glad I found this group. Knowing that I'm going to be posting whatever I go through each day gives me a little more inspiration/motivation...kick in the butt, to stay on plan! I can feel the support coming off the screen!
Whether we have 100 lbs or 10 lbs to lose, I can tell we're all in this together!
One new thing I've done is put a note on my fridge. I got the saying from someone on here...I can't lose 100 lbs,... but maybe I can lose 5 lbs. twenty times. Then I made twenty little circles with 5's in them so I can cross each one off as I lose the weight. So, I'm thinking about just a little bit at a time and giving my fears to God. I used to think loving myself was 'wrong' but I realized that if I'm suppose to love what God loves, then I have to love me because I know He does! This is definatly a mental, emotional, and spiritual journey that just manifests itself physically.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:24 AM   #13  
I choose me...

S/C/G: HW 265/SW 240/CW ticker/GW 150

Height: 5 Ft 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtapostolic View Post
I am so glad I found this group. Knowing that I'm going to be posting whatever I go through each day gives me a little more inspiration/motivation...kick in the butt, to stay on plan! I can feel the support coming off the screen!
Whether we have 100 lbs or 10 lbs to lose, I can tell we're all in this together!
One new thing I've done is put a note on my fridge. I got the saying from someone on here...I can't lose 100 lbs,... but maybe I can lose 5 lbs. twenty times. Then I made twenty little circles with 5's in them so I can cross each one off as I lose the weight. So, I'm thinking about just a little bit at a time and giving my fears to God. I used to think loving myself was 'wrong' but I realized that if I'm suppose to love what God loves, then I have to love me because I know He does! This is definatly a mental, emotional, and spiritual journey that just manifests itself physically.
I totally agree hun. We have to love ourselves inside and out. I realized that I wanted my insides to match my outsides, cause yes everything manifests in the physical It's ok to love all of you. It's ok to love your phsycial as well
InsideMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:34 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 181/181/115

Height: 5'3"

Reading this post made me realize how scared I am too. I guess I never thought about it before. I am scared that I will get my hopes up only to fail miserably like every other time I've tried to lose weight. I am scared that I will disappoint my family if I fail. I'm scared that I will stay invisible forever. I gained most of the wight in a short period of time, so I've noticed how much different people in general treat me now that I'm much fatter than before. It's almost as if I became invisible and people can't see the real me any more.
PrettyMom09 is offline   Reply With Quote