Old 01-02-2012, 01:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/130

Height: 5'9" Age: 19

Default Being Sick / Calorie Count

I have a question about being sick, and how this affects a person's calorie intake. It's a little bit gross!

So, I decided on consuming 1300 calories a day to reach my goal. This morning I woke up feeling nauseous. I thought it might have just been hunger, so I had some fruit and a turkey sandwich. Shortly after, I began to throw up. I could see everything I ate in the... 'aftermath'.

The nausea and throwing up has since gone away, but I'm left wondering if I'm supposed to include the food I threw up in my calorie count. :S
Ramra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 02:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Ditto what Kara said. But if you feel fine now and throwing up was a fluke, I'd try something easy on the stomach and forget about the calories in the fruit and turkey sandwich. We get so focused on the small picture sometimes. An extra few calories for 1 day is just that - a few calories - so don't worry if you absorbed some of the nutrition from what you tried to eat and then didn't count them in your daily total.

Good luck on staying with 1300 calories a day. you should see great results!

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

I read some where (and this is one of those "on-the-internets" pieces of advice) that simple carb calories in food are absorbed within 15 minutes of consumption, while fat and protein take upwards of an hour (hence why protein fills you up for longer).

But, really, i wouldn't count them at all. There is just no way to know for sure. Unless you're looking to eat a 1300 calorie dinner, you're most likely not going to go over anyways.
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote