Old 01-18-2012, 05:33 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi Chicks... MJ is right. Sure is quiet here.

Yesterday was healthy... always grateful for that. I am happy to say that I lost two pounds since last week. It's time to change my ticker. That's a wonderful feeling.

I have been doing many of my goals. I am most happy that I am doing some meditations. It is always helpful to me.

Hi to anyone stopping by.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:27 PM   #47  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Beverlyjoy--CONGRATULATIONS on your loss!! that is awesome!

Not much going on here...just getting stuff done at work to plan ahead for VACATION next week! Finally!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 05:15 AM   #48  

Hi Chicks... yesterday was healthy.. always grateful for that.

I followed my food plan, drank alot of water, did my exercises and many more goals.

I've decided that I need to move more! I am going to try and get some spontaneous exercise. When I need to go up and down the stairs, I will do it twice and try to bring more movement into my daily life.

I need to keep working on living with food in a healthful, sane manner:
eat seated only
no seconds
lots of water
SLOW, mindful eating
taste and enjoy each bite
plan/measure/log
journal
meditation
exercises
and more

MJ - yay for up coming vacation! Are you going somewhere or staying at home. Enjoy.

Have a great day today.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:20 AM   #49  

Hi Chicks - yesterday was another healthuful day. I am always grateful for that.

I stayed pretty close to my original plan. Just a couple changes when my tummy was upset. I wrote it all down in my journal, measured my food, had lots of water, no seconds, ate seated mostly (gotta work on this), slower eating, tasting the food more, was able to resist unplanned food several times & always left a bite. I weighed, too - it was the same. No exercise... but, I've already got my stretches and strengthening exercises in for today.

Today is some writing and organizing a few things.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Hi Mj - where is everyone?
Old 01-20-2012, 05:53 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 177/165/140

Height: 5'7"

Today I managed to not snack any at work, and ate no grains. I did eat sugared yogurt, though. The weekend is easy. I don't buy snacks for home.
Anya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:56 PM   #51  
mj5

Hi everyone! Well...this med is kicking my butt again. I am retaining SO much fluid it isn't even funny. My trainer is being awesome trying to tweak my nutritional plan to see if that will help. Tonight I was so nauseous I couldn't go to this kickboxing bootcampl that I really, really wanted to go to. I'm sure they will have it again, but just disappointed that I could not go to.

I am hoping I feel well enough to go tomorrow to our regular class.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:15 AM   #52  

Hi Chickies! So happy that yesterday was a healthy day! Am always grateful for that.

I fulfilled many of my goals:
planned/measured/logged food
did my stretches and strengthenig
eat seated (mostly)
no seconds
slowed down!
TASTED the food
reisisted many temptations
left a bite of food on my plate
bought more healthy food

We are having an ice storm. I think it's a good day to stay in.

Anya - Hi! So glad you posted. It's a great idea to keep snackie food out of the house. Kudo's for staying away from snacks at work!

MJ - I hope you are feeling better today.

I hope everyone has a GREAT day.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:22 AM   #53  
mj5

Good Morning! So far I feel well enough to go to kickboxing later this morning. VERY excited about that.

Beverlyjoy--YEA for another healthy day! yikes...yes, stay in where is is warm today!
Old 01-21-2012, 11:34 AM   #54  

I was able to eat plain yogurt today without any sweetener. That fruit-on-the-bottom yogurt is some of my favorite food, and I've never liked it plain. Found an organic brand that doesn't taste icky. If I can eat it plain now, it should be great with fruit in it, even without sweetener.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:53 AM   #55  

I am so grateful for another healthy day and the willingness to use what I have learned to help me get through the day with food sanity.

One particular thing I am grateful for is reading the newest Beck book. It reinforces, in a different way, learning to have a sane relationship with food

Anya - kudo's for finding a yogurt that works better with your plan!!

MJ - hope you are enjoying your vacation.

Hi to anyone stopping by.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:04 AM   #56  

Hello - anyone out there???

Anyway... yesterday was a healthful day. ... always grateful for that! I have been reading Dr. Beck's most recent book: The Complete Beck Diet for Life. It's really given me a boost. I am grateful. It's reinforcing all the 'life skills' about living healthfully with food. (learning to eat seated, slow mindful eating, tasting the food, learning ways to get through cravings and much more.)

Things are going well. I've been doing my exercises faithfully every morning for nearly a week!

I hope you have a great day.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:54 AM   #57  
mj5

Good Morning!

I'm here, I'm here!

Beverlyjoy--that sounds like a great book. You are doing fantastic! Keep it up!

I am enjoying vacation...just knowing I don't have to be at work...ahhhh!

Today is a strength training day AND I am going to go to kickboxing later tonight. I normally can't get there in time when I work, so this is my chance!

I am still battling some fluid retention, but the new nutritional plan my trainer gave me is definitely helping. Thank goodness!

Have a great day!
Old 01-23-2012, 12:09 PM   #58  

I had a once-per-month event to go to yesterday and I ate the mac & cheese and the ice cream. Ugh. It didn't even work to eat healthy before I left.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:40 AM   #59  
mj5

Good Morning! Yikes...I am awake waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early for a vacation day! But, rather than toss and turn I figured I might as well get up. Checking in here, then I am going to make the dogs some organic peanut butter oatmeal treats. I have stopped buying them treats and make our own. They LOVE them and I love knowing that I am feeding them something healthier.

My double workout day was awesome yesterday! A friend contacted me and said she needed some motivation, so I told her to meet me at kickboxing (she just started going recently and loves it too). It was SO much fun!

Today is a much calmer day, lol! Mani/pedi, errands, then Zumba later.

Anya--Ok, so one bad night doesn't undo all of the good stuff you are doing for yourself. Get right back on track today and you'll be fine.

OH! The changes my trainer made to my nutritional plan are working, thank goodness! He wants me to stick with the super low sodium plan for another day, then we'll figure out how to proceed from there.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-24-2012, 05:36 AM   #60  

Hi chickies... I am doing a happy dance for another healthy day. I am grateful for that.

I have continued to do my exercises daily - yay. I am eating well and doing alot of my journal work. Things are going OK.

Anya - your off plan day is over. Hop right back on your plan and you will be fine! Plan, Plan & Plan some more.

MJ - so glad you are enjoying your time off of work. I am so glad you have such a wise trainer. Hoping that the low sodium diet continues to help. Carry on.

Have a good day friends.