3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   anyone buy smaller clothes for incentive? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/24772-anyone-buy-smaller-clothes-incentive.html)

suzie76 02-12-2003 08:03 AM

anyone buy smaller clothes for incentive?

I don't usually buy smaller clothes, but I found such bargains yesterday, I couldn't pass them up.

On the clearance rack at JC Penney, I found a size 16 (this won't fit for a long while) black lace, slightly longer than knee length skirt for five dollars! I don't know where I"ll wear it, but I loved it.

Also found a black vest with flowers crocheted into the material (can't explain it ) for seven dollars in a size large. I think that should fit in the fall.

Sherry

Daners 02-12-2003 08:27 AM

I bought a pair of size 10 jeans during the sidewalk sales last month. For now, they are "wall-art", I used some pretty ribbon and looped the ribbon through the belt loups, and then tied pretty little bows to the hanger. So I see them every day. They won't fit til I'm close to goal, but it's still incentive.

Raelynn 02-12-2003 09:41 AM

When I was wearing my size 46 jeans, I bought a pair of size 36 waist Levi's. I hung them on my wall for the longest time, and now they fit! :) I'm going to buy another smaller pair for incentive soon.

SuchAPrettyFace 02-12-2003 01:35 PM

I didn't buy them for incentive, I have them as incentive. I lost 70# on phentermine in 1996-1997, and was fitting into a size 20. So I have some jeans from then that are destined to go up on my wall til I can get into them, and some tops & pants that will fit at that point, too.

But I *did* buy a beautiful pair of flannel pj's from Victoria's Secret that are an XL (18/20), that will fit me next fall. :D I was given a leather jacket that will fit next fall, too.

AngiKL 02-12-2003 06:24 PM

I have closets-full of smaller clothes. I keep wondering how long they will sit in there, unworn before they go out of style! (Some of them are very cute, too because I used to be rich and single! Now I am neither!)

I WILL wear them again! I WILL!

Angi

Goddess Jessica 02-12-2003 07:18 PM

Not on purpose but on accident! I bought a pair of clearance jeans marked size 24 at TJMaxx. When I got home, I TRIED to put them on only to dicover they were supposed to be marked size 14!!!

Now, they're in my closet beside the size 28s that I busted the butt out of at my highest weight (298). It's kind of a past (28's), present (size 24, but too big!!) and future (size 14).

Sheila53 02-12-2003 08:14 PM

I have a vision of an outfit I'd like to get once I reach my goal weight. That's kind of an incentive.

I do have to buy new pants because mine are getting pretty baggy, but I find myself stalling--not sure why.

muelledk 02-13-2003 11:28 AM

I too, only buy them off of the clearance racks. But unlike you guys, I only buy maybe 1 size too small. I think that way I don't get too disappointed and discouraged because they start fitting earlier. Sometimes, I find the greatest incentive of all is to buy something off clearance racks for the purpose of putting them up until I loose the weight, but find they fit me now!!!! That is a great feeling, and probably the real reason that I only buy a size too small.

acw 02-13-2003 06:49 PM

I don't need to buy them I've already got every size made!! I can't believe I ever fitted into some of these things and hope I will again. Have got rid of out of style things in the past but have still got some faves.

This has made me think that I need to move some of those faves into view instead of the back of the cupboard. Might be a good incentive- I'll leave the really small things at the back still so I have something closer in size to now as a goal.

I did but one thing at an thrift store. A brand new long straight skirt in a classic style but about 10 sizes too small!!! It was too good a buy and I guess I must feel it is acheivable!!! If it ever fits I'll be one happy lady!!

Cheers

Anna

SuchAPrettyFace 02-15-2003 06:48 PM

I did this yesterday @ WalMart--they had a corduroy skirt for $2. How could I go wrong for $2? I also got a red long sleeved waffle knit top for $5. They will fit next fall.