Supplements

• Do any of you take any supplements either to help with the weight loss or just for vitamin/minerals?
  • Yes, I do. I take Shaklee vitamins--a multivitamin, Vit. B, Vit. E, calcium, and Vit. C. I actually started taking them because of a chronic illness, but I find they give me more energy than I used to have.
  • Diet supplements are scary and you might want to check the boards in the Buyer Beware section. I was just reading this morning that a multi-vitamin and a calcium supplement are plenty for most people.

Miss Chris
  • I agree Chris, and most of the "Diet Miracle Pills" don't work and aren't safe.

I take a multivitamin, B-complex, Vitamin A, C, D and E, Zinc and Calcium, I also take Norwegian kelp and Gingko.

I swear by the zinc supplement I take (50mg) - I literally do not get sick anymore. When I ran out of zinc a while back, I got sick about 5 days after I stopped taking it. I went back on it, and I've been great and energized since.
  • My doc recommended multi, C, E, calcium, selenium (for heart health) and I take B12 because I'm vegetarian, and I take cranberry concentrate because I am prone to bladder infections. I wouldn't touch any of those "diet" supplement things because who the heck knows what's in them and what would they do to you?
  • I've been taking CLA for a few years. It's Conjugated Linoleic Acid, naturally found in the fat in milk (the milk of cows who eat grass). It's really coming into its own--I keep reading more about it. It's a little expensive, but soooo worth it. You can take up to 2000 mg per day.

I was taking a hair/skin/nails vitamin, but my hairdresser friend suggested I take a prenatal vitamin instead, so that's what I'm taking now. I got it @ Sam's Club in a huge bottle.
  • Do prenatal vitamins help with your hair and nails? My hair is very dry (my skin is also very very dry), and it seems that my hair is getting split ends just as fast as it's growing, and I really want long long hair. Also my nails split and peel.
  • Raelynn: Yes, they do. My hair is fine & thin, and they have helped it bulk up a little. My nails don't chip & rip as easily. I'm not so sure about my skin. I'm sure it would look much better if I never slept in my makeup again.