Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2003, 10:12 PM   #1  

Default ot-guilty pleasure poll-anyone else watch American Idol?

Hi,

I know this is totally off topic, but I figured we could use a break

Okay, I'll admit it, I'm an American Idol junkie. Will anyone else here admit it ; )....or do I slink off this board in shame.....

Good night,
Sherry-probably one of the only people above thirty who watches this show...although my lovely (and I'm not being saracstic, she really is) mother in law watches it too, much to my husband's disgust. He thinks it's idiotic.
Old 01-29-2003, 10:26 PM   #2  
missaprylj

I think it's good until the last 4 shows or so... then it's really dopey. I'm still bitter about Tamara getting hosed last time. Peace. -Apryl

Old 01-29-2003, 10:27 PM   #3  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

I'm addicated to "the baclorette" - stupid show and the girl is such a slut- but the guys are sooo cute. I'm voting for Ryan!

Sometimes it's fun to watch a goofy show
Old 01-29-2003, 10:37 PM   #4  

I am an junkie as well! My husband even gets into the show, lol. No shame at all!

Bella23
Old 01-30-2003, 12:17 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

haha, dana, i'm with you. i'm watching bachelorette right now!!! yeah, i want ryan. i was voting for rob, but he didn't make it. i HATE russ. hee.
Old 01-30-2003, 01:58 AM   #6  
Slowly going crazy!

I love American Idol, and I love Simon because he just tells them what everyone else is thinking. It's hilarious! !
Last year I didn't watch the first set of auditions, and this year it was main event at our house. Dh and I would Laugh our Butts off at some of the stuff they showed.
Seriously, do some of those people think they can sing???? I mean get real.

I'm looking forward to seeing how next week goes.
Old 01-30-2003, 09:18 AM   #7  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Reality Show addict checking in:

LOVING american Idol this season (Didn't watch it last season). Am having hubby giving Jacob his Bath so I can watch Bachelorette (go RYAN!!). Never miss a Real World or Survivor!!

Hmmm...now how come I don't have time to exercise?
Old 01-30-2003, 09:32 AM   #8  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

Height: 5'0"

Isn't Ryan the cutest?

I think she is going to go for Charlie...
Old 01-30-2003, 09:40 AM   #9  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I love Simon. I wish all men were as honest as he is.

That said, I like how on the first show this season, the contestants got mad about being cut. As I keep watching, I can't help but wonder: wouldn't you get madder @ making it through 2 or 3 cuts & then being cut? I can't believe those guys went out & one of them still made the final cut. I thought he sucked & should've been told to go home.

Last edited by SuchAPrettyFace; 01-30-2003 at 11:57 AM.
Old 01-30-2003, 11:38 AM   #10  

yeah, she's been leaning towards charlie the whole time i think. that's ok, i like him too.

so, reality show buffs, did any of you watch sorority life last year? not only was it filmed at my school, but jordan (the curly brown haired one) was my next door neighbor all through high school. SO WEIRD to see someone you knew that well on tv.
Old 01-30-2003, 11:46 AM   #11  

I, too LOVE American Idol. Although, this year I have class on Tuesday nights so I won't be able to see it. Too bad, last night was fun. I don't know why those people get so upset with Simon, after all they all know what he is like. If they do not want to hear the negative feedback, don't go on American Idol.

Holly, I did watch Sorority Life (mostly because it made me think about my own sorority life back in the day). That is pretty cool to know someone on TV. I went to college with Aaron from the last season of the bachelor. I didn't really know him, I just more knew who he was. He was in some classes with a good friend of mine. (and I don't remember him being so darned cute!)
Old 01-30-2003, 12:55 PM   #12  
Slowly going crazy!

I watched some of Soroity Life this past fall...Wow...Holly... that is cool to know someone on TV...I'm wondering if she was like that in person as well as how she was portrayed on the show.

A.I. was great last night. Poor Paula! ! I felt so sorry for her. Why does she have to tell them the bad news? Why can't Simon just walk into a room say "you all are the WORST singers ever, and should be ashamed of yourselves". Okay, so maybe now I know why they have Paula do it.

That last group that got in. I was so happy for! ! They were hugging and crying and hugging Simon, who looked like a deer caught in the headlights *ROTFLMAO*

Can't wait for next week.

I love Frenchie Davis...she is a powerhouse of vocalization! !
Old 01-30-2003, 01:21 PM   #13  

amy -- yeah, she is like she was on the show. since we were "aquaintences", not good friends, we were alwasy cordial. but she was snobby and *****y all through high school. she still waves when she sees me on campus though. i saw her yesterday. heh.
Old 01-30-2003, 05:50 PM   #14  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

Height: 5'5"

Holly, my 13 year old daughter and I were ADDICTED to "Sorority Life!" We would tape it to watch later, we liked it so much!

Right now, my favorite reality show is "Made" on MTV. I've only watched one episode - the boy who wanted to make his high school varsity basketball team - but I love it already! I really like how it shows that with very hard work and dedication, you can accomplish anything you want to. (It's the geeky teacher coming out in me, I guess! )
Old 01-30-2003, 09:24 PM   #15  

Hi,

Okay, glad to see I'm not alone

My favorites so far are Frenchie and Kimberly (who sang Band of Gold with Frenchie last night)

I loved it when Frenchie (for those of you have not see her, she is overweight with short hair) said "I'm not size 2, and I don't have long flowing hair, but I can be a star." or something along those lines. She has an amazing, powerful voice. Who cares if she doesn't look like Britney Spears?

Sherry
Closed Thread