Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 11:41 AM   #136  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Amber, happy to have you join us! Once I crossed the 300 lb barrier, my body has been toying with me, crossing back and forth over the line all summer long. As of this morning I'm at 297, again! (Dithering, like Lovely said.) But I'm very motivated to push forward from here. (I don't do well over the summer.)

I had a very fun and full weekend. Eating was very much on target, with the exception of Saturday night. I went off my Paleo plan and attended a mozarella-making class at a local gourmet cheese shop. I did not overeat, surprisingly, but I did eat much more cheese than I intended. Oooof! My stomach hurt all day yesterday! And today I'm still feeling bloaty. No net weightloss since last week, but I believe getting back on track will give me the numbers I'm looking for by next weigh in.

I'm cooking Thankgsiving dinner this year. I have resolved to not cook so much food this time, not eat so much, and make it all very healthy. And I won't make the Thanksgiving feasting a gateway opportunity to overeat throughout the holidays. My mindset is definitely different this year. I'm looking out for myself and my own health interests.

Martini - Congrats on your whoosh!

Rebecca - EXCELLENT rant!

Hugs for everyone! I'm feeling the love here, and that kicks the butt out of every ounce of holiday chocolate! Have a lovely day!
Old 11-14-2011, 03:44 PM   #137  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies.. Hope all had a great weekend. Amber nice to see you and great job on your weight loss so far. Good for you.

I had a great weekend. My eating was good, work was good, and now I'm ready for my week. I have jury duty tomorrow blah, but I guess it's something different to do.I just hate it because my son has to miss school and I don't like that very much.
My weight hasn't budged all weekend so I started to get worried but I'm not going to stress it because my weigh in is not until Thurs.

Well, I hope everyone has a great rest of the day!!
Old 11-15-2011, 11:24 AM   #138  

Martini I'm kinda seeing the same thing this week. A few weeks ago I was steadily goin down the whole week, but this week I was up and today I'm down so we'll see what happens on Thursday. I was so worried my body was deciding to go on a plataeu (sp) allready..

I hope everyone is doing great!! I'm waiting to call the court at 11 to see if I have jury duty today.. Gosh I hate the way they make you wait all day to see what your doing. I had to call last night to see if I ned to be there at 8 and now I gotta call at 11.

Annoying, but owell gotta do our part right. I hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday!!
Old 11-15-2011, 12:36 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Sassyangies I have to say, I actually enjoy jury duty lol. Why does your son have to miss school? When I was supposed to be doing jury duty, I was actually dismissed so I didn't miss classes.

martini Ya, there's always that risk of not seeing the overall patter wen you see yourself fluctuate during the week. It still can get annoying though

Myself, I've actually been to the gym for the past three days, and I plan on going back tonight. I've also been perfectly on plan since those days as well - Yet, my scale isn't reflecting the work yet. I've just started working out, so I know that I still might be losing fat, but not "weight", but it still annoys me to see the number hovering around the same. I do take measurements, but I prefer not to do so until after at least 10 lb increments.

Last edited by Amber1011; 11-15-2011 at 12:36 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:55 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 346/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2

Weighed in at 288.4 this morning. About to go exercise in a little while. I have been pondering whether I should wake up earlier than usual to exercise that way I don't have the opportunity to put it off. The hard part would be getting out of bed at 5am though..
Old 11-15-2011, 07:01 PM   #141  
Renaissance Woman

I'm really angry with myself today. And with my sister. I know that I'm responsible for the poor eating choices I make when I'm stressed. But when my sister sabotages my efforts by repeatedly crossing the line on some boundaries that I clearly set, and it causes me a lot of stress and I lose sleep over it, it's like a series of dominos that set up failure and poor choices on my part.

I double-banged the drive-thru today. Yesterday my sister clearly crossed the line with family issues and wouldn't let it go, accusing me of something she was actually in the process of doing to me (I'm just trying to stay out of our mother's way, but my sister keeps trying to drag me back into it). I lost sleep last night, was dragging all day, and then after 3 pm, when I'm usually my hungriest, I happened to be driving home from some appointments that prevented me from getting a proper lunch. So burger from one establishment, then another (smaller) one in a meal from another establishment. And now I'm home, 2400 calories later, really done with eating for the day, and still wanting to eat!!!??? This is anger, frustration and tiredness. There was soy in the food, so I can hardly keep my eyes open at the moment. I'm going to take a nap now, but I just needed to come here for confession and account for my poor choices.

Grrrrrrr! I've also ordered a new cell-phone with a new number that I am NOT sharing with my sister or mother! Grrrrr!
Old 11-16-2011, 04:32 AM   #142  
Made of Starstuff

Happy Wednesday Morning

Had some reading to catch up on, I'd been away from the computer for a few days.

Martini
- x 100. We're worlds away, (ok just one world... ok... half a world if we dig a hole through the center of the Earth) but your posts about your triumphs and struggles truly touch me. And hurray for this week's triumph, indeed! What a whoosh! Love it!

Kindred weight-loss spirits!

Truly the whole ease of our (collective our/everyone's here) posts in getting to ONEderland... it's good for the soul. And it's a bright, supportive spot in my day. Every time I'm feeling a little schlumpy about being semi-on plan or not as on plan as I could be... well, I come here and I don't feel so bad anymore about my journey, because I know it's all part of the journey.

The one we're all taking.

I almost feel (if you'll permit a bit of fancy) like we're on the yellow brick road to Oz. And how each day our needs change. One day someone needs courage, one day someone needs heart, one day someone needs... a brain! But, we can all link arm and arm and support what one feels they're lacking at that moment. And in the end, we've had it all along!

/end long-winded blabber

Sassy - So glad that baby shower went well. Whew! And super grats on avoiding all that unneeded food!!!

Amber - Hurray! Welcome to the group GOODBYE TO 300 FOREVER!

Alyssa - I have never been a morning person, so I know some people like to get up early to get it done with, but my problem would be the crankiness I'd have later on But, hey, it's all about what allows us to GET IT DONE! Whatever that method happens to be.

Georgia - I'm so sorry you're getting stressed out about family things. If you can keep your cell phone number away from your mom and sister (and thereby keep them from over-stressing you) well, more power to you!

---

Well, I'm hanging in there. Nothing fantastic to report, but nothing awful to report, either. I'm just with my usual "more movement/more fruits/veg" needs.

Holidays are still on the mind, as well. Can't believe next week is Thanksgiving here in the states already! Yikes! I need to decide and WRITE DOWN what I'm going to eat that day. I don't want it to turn into an all-out food fest.

Time for me to freak out and start looking for presents. I love, love, love buying and wrapping gifts for people. But, I want them to actually like the gifts... That's the only stressful part. Wanting them to like the gift. Everything else I just LOVE about the season. I'm like a little goodwill-towards-men fairy all throughout December.

Gosh I'm getting all excited about decorating and baking cookies (to give to others) and wrapping presents and singing carols and... *fans self* Ok, ok, must calm down before I overload.

Anywho, have a great Wednesday everyone!
Old 11-16-2011, 08:57 PM   #143  
Renaissance Woman

Lovely, it is such a joy to find your beautiful thoughts here. You are LOVELY, through and through!

Another day of familial drama, but the eating choices were much, MUCH better. I'm seeing a shift in my eating pattern. I can quit eating earlier in the day and going to bed feeling a little on the empty side of things is getting more comfortable.

Sticking with the hot beverages all evening. I have fallen in love with the Vanilla Stevia drops I found at the health food store. A few drops in my coffee is delicious!

I had a great time in Pilates class this morning. Such a great workout! I was stressed when I arrived in class, but within 30 minutes, my thoughts were back in my head, in the room with me. And my instructor is getting me closer and closer to doing push ups! I'm so excited about that! We often joke about how she leads us through our movements. Sometimes it feels like she's asking us to levitate! And I really want to!
Old 11-17-2011, 11:49 AM   #144  

Hi everyone!! Happy Thursday! I've had a rough week, but I'm glad it's over. I didn't actually get picked for Jury duty so that's awesome. It just took 2 days for them to decide. My weigh in is today and I'm happy to say I'm down 4 pounds for the week.. I'm super excited about that because I didn't get nearly as many fruits and veggies that I've been getting in the past weeks, but I cut my portions way down. So I'm glad I was able to do that while eating out.

Amber I have to take my son out of school because there's noone to drive him. My Mom watches him but she lives across town right by the courthouse and she doesn't drive and hubby is at work so there would be noone to take him. Hey great Job on the working out. The numbers will show soon! I know what you mean about measurements. I haven't even done mine yet and I need to.

Alyssa I comend you for even thinking about waking up at 5am. Yikes. I could not even think about that. I'm such a night owl. I think you should do what works for you and if you can wake up at 5 than do it. Maybe not everyday , but just a few days a week. Good luck on your working out.

Lovely your too cute.. I love the holidays too. I think my Xmas tree might make it up before Thanksgiving. I just keep thinking about it and wanting to look at it longer. Buying the presents too gets me excited and wrapping them. I just love it. But I'm going to focus on Thanksgiving first because I want to get through it without a gain and I want to make sure all the sweets get taken away from the house after dinner. I don't want left over anything, but turkey at my house. I know I will want to snack on it little by little until it's gone.
Well, I have to clean the house a little. I will be back!
Old 11-17-2011, 08:48 PM   #145  

Height: 5'6

Down 44 lbs! One more to 45 6 more to 50!!! So close! Down to a size 18 from 26!! So happy! We are not going to cheat on thanksgiving either have a whole atkins day planed and still hanging with the family! Can't wait so happy to see 280 on the scale from 324 its awesome! Going strong and not stopping anytime soon!
Old 11-17-2011, 09:05 PM   #146  
Renaissance Woman

Martini Hope your future takes you where you want to go. And to someplace surprising and marvellous! I'm proud of you, taking action on your own behalf.

Rebecca! I'm going all Paleo for my T-day cooking. I found a pastured Heritage turkey, and I'm planning on lots of greens and some sweet potatoes (sans marshmallows) for the main meal. Dessert will be a choice of wine-poached pears with walnuts or pumpkin pie in a pecan crust. I get to do all the cooking, none of the clean-up, and I'm going to be with people I really love being with (and NOT my mother!), so no reason to overeat!

As usual, my weight is all over the place, but this is the second week in a row when I've stayed under 298. I'm finding some success in being done with eating by 6 pm. I used to have to stuff myself in order to get to sleep. Just another good habit to add to the list of ways I've changed my life, and it's all adding up to succeess!
Old 11-18-2011, 09:26 PM   #147  

Height: 5'6

I'll be honest my hubby and I were a little intimidated by the holidays. last time we tried a life change the holidays killed us! But not this year I wont let it happen! I have already bought most of what I need for the big day and its all Atkins Induction approved! Last time we did this we tried WW I was at 309 got down to 265 then the holidays hit and I shot back up to 324 (granted I stopped weighing my self for two years!) Then I saw a pic of me my mom and dad sitting together the pic was taken from the side you could not see my mom it looked like I was sitting with my dad only. I completely covered her! So I saw that and said no more! When I saw what the scale had said I was not surprised. I thought it might even be more. It has been four months with Atkins I and doing an average of 10 lbs a month. My husband is doing between 15-20 a month, He is already near his 200lb goal! I as you can see still have a ways to go but I going! Because my hubby is so close to his goal I got him an early x-mas present and bought him a new TV!! A 73 inch 3d hd! He is in love lol. (it was for both of us but he knows its in the house because he has lost 80 lbs! I could not be more proud of him! I can not wait til I can say I have lost 80lbs! I know I still have over 100lbs to go but its not the close to 200 lbs I had to lose before!! Sorry if I carried on I just wanted to talk about it all!
Old 11-19-2011, 10:28 AM   #148  

Hi everyone!! I feel like Im getting sick so I'm going to make this short because I have to go and take my son to my Moms and rest before work. I am the one cooking and having the T day at my house. I'm not too worried about it. I plan on eating just like have been, but a little taste here and there of everything. Well, if I'm sick it won't be happening at all. Oh I wish I didn't have to work dang it. Well, I hope everyone has a happy Saturday.
Talk to you all soon.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:22 AM   #149  

Hi everyone! Martini your doing fine. Your right turn your emotions to where they belong. Things have a way of working themselves out. I hope your able to find your path very soon!!

I'm doing great. I feel like I'm gettin the bug, but I'm drinking lots of my favorite soups I've been making since I started this journey. I'm really loving the squash I'm putting in them. It really make them taste so yummy. I feel like I'm going to head off this cold and stop it in it's tracks. Hopefully. I'm doing all the Thanksgiving cooking at my house this year so I have to get better.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Old 11-20-2011, 02:00 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Hey Ladies,

Miss you, am busy and tired, I know I'm not around, weight loss not going well but honestly I'm just TIRED.

I am easing back into a life full of time commitments and I feel a little stressed about it.

I have Aerobics 3x a Week
Yoga 2 x a week (i have skipped lately )
Curling 1 x a week (first game tonight yikers I have no clue!)
Volunteer Guiding a spark and brownie unit on Monday nights (which is also an aerobics night).
I wanted to add extra Gym time in somewhere there but it has just NOT been happening.

For a natural hermit like me this schedule is daunting (its not even that busy I know but still for me it feels like... I never get to see my friends and when I'm home I'm demotivated to do ANYTHING else. I "stayed in" friday night instead of going out with my friends so I could have a LITTLE energy to somewhat clean my living room and kitchen. Had a friend over for supper and went over to another ones after (she ended up stuck at work so didn't make it to my place for the supper invite).

Part of it I think is self preservation I can't handle going through the drama that seems to be connected with being "close" friends with people. I like having friends but if it means I only end up hurting people then... meh.
Closed Thread