Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2003, 10:27 PM   #1  
DETERMINED!

Default Medifast

Did anyone ever hear of tghe Medifast plan? I am geting desperate because I am gaining all my weight back!They have a website,and there are practicioners in every area.I was wondering if anyone was ever on it?
Thanks
Lauren
335/165/190
Old 01-31-2003, 10:35 PM   #2  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Is it like Optifast? If it is, I wouldn't recommend it. That's the all liquid diet that Oprah first lost all her weight on...then promptly regained it when she started eating real food.

I think your best bet would be to go back to whatever helped you to lose 170 lbs. the first time. Sounds like it worked.
Old 02-03-2003, 08:32 AM   #3  

I did Medifast years ago ... yes, it's like Optifast. I did lose most of the weight I wanted at the time, but got really sick of having just those shakes after about 5 or 6 weeks. And of course, because I wasn't learning new eating habits I put it all back on and then some. I also believe it contributed to the development of gall stones.

If you're deadset on doing something like this, I would say you should do something like Slimfast (though I would recommend more of a protein shake, Slimfast is high in carbs) and do it only for a short time -- say a week or two -- just to get a jumpstart.

But really, I'm inclined to agree with Jenelle -- go back to what you know works. It may not come off as quickly as you want, but in the long run it's got to be better for you.
Closed Thread