Old 10-08-2011, 06:57 AM   #76  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Height: 5'4

Madame-I buy my underwear at Walmart too ! LOL I like those spandexie kind that I think helps hold my giggly stomach in. I have tried all kinds of underwear and I like the support those have the best ! I have always like the Lane Bryant Bra's however, they really fit plus size gals wonderfully. I like the underwire kind ! What kind of costume are you making ? I have been going to Halloween Party for the past 4 years we have the best fun ever ! I first was an Indian and he was a Cowboy . I have been a Maid . Last year I was a Cowgirl. Not sure about this year . Looking foward to going again !
Dumplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 10:08 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 286/153/155

Height: 5'9

Dumplin- I am going to be the tooth fairy. It sounds strange but teeth have been on my mind lately. My boyfriend has recently gone to the dentist after a 10 year hiatus and needs $3000 in work. Also, I am making a tooth fairy pillow for our niece because she will start loosing teeth soon and I am her sewing auntie.
I have a blue dress that's too big so I am going to make an apron to go over it with a big tooth on the front. I am going to make a crown, necklace and bracelets. I bought my shoes and wings because it was cheaper and easier and I can't make everything. I am finding that big dresses that I out grew can make great costumes.
I work at a retirement home and try to make holidays extra fun. I am looking forward to Halloween.
Madame Souza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 01:46 PM   #78  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

just did a 45 minute walking and sculpting routine - WAY harder than the WATP ones I've been doing. whew!
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 09:54 PM   #79  

Quote:
Originally Posted by April Snow View Post
just did a 45 minute walking and sculpting routine - WAY harder than the WATP ones I've been doing. whew!
What walking and sculpting did you do? I am looking for something else to add into the routine.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:10 AM   #80  
Dukanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Souza View Post
What walking and sculpting did you do? I am looking for something else to add into the routine.
I think it was this one http://www.exercisetv.tv/store/p-191...-shape-up.aspx

I use the workouts that I get on my Comcast OnDemand - the Exercise Channel. There are some WATP but a whole bunch of other stuff and now that I am getting in a little better shape, I checking out some of the other stuff for a little more of a challenge.
Old 10-09-2011, 03:04 PM   #81  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 220/TICKER/120

Height: 5'3"

Hi all! I'm back. Unfortunately, the hike got canceled because my brother was feeling super sick...but I DID get to go apple picking! Today I made homemade applesauce, which I'm enjoying now. I love autumn!

Evidently had some sort of whoosh...even though we ate out and I ate a bit of junkfood, I'm down to 196!

I realized that I probably don't do enough core exercises, so I got P90X's Ab Ripper X video. It's a 15 minute workout that you're supposed to do 3x a week (in addition to your other exercise), but allegedly it's super intense. Tonight will be my first time using it...my goal is just to get through all 15 minutes, hahaha. I'll report back and let you know how it goes.
GreatPerhaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:00 PM   #82  
Dukanista

sorry the hike got cancelled, GreatPerhaps. But the apple picking sounds great!
Old 10-09-2011, 09:03 PM   #83  
Dukanista

Good day today - the scale was down 2.2 at my weekly WI. And I went to the store and tried on some jeans. Didn't find any but found I was pretty solidly a 15 (they fit, they just didn't fit right). I got a pair of pants that were 17s but they are not as stretchy as jeans so I was still pretty happy about that. Only $15 too, which I don't mind spending on something that will hopefully only fit for a few weeks!
Old 10-10-2011, 03:23 PM   #84  

April snow, You are doing good.

I lost one more pound last week. I am very slowly getting to my goal.

Enjoy the fall weather, everyone!

Obesity is a killer. And there is no vaccine against it.
And no antibiotics to kill it. The only cure is dieting.
JOLINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:21 PM   #85  
Focus

Madame- that sounds cute ! Nice that you can sew. A Tooth Fairy should really be fun. Sweet of you to make the little tooth fairy pillow for your neice also ! You must be a nice relative to have
Old 10-10-2011, 11:29 PM   #86  
Dukanista

30+ minutes on the Wii - over 3000 steps watching The SingOff!
Old 10-11-2011, 07:19 AM   #87  
Focus

April Snow - You are very inspiring ! Great Job !
Old 10-11-2011, 07:53 AM   #88  
Dukanista

thanks Dumplin!

I think it's funny that I used to come home from work and other than playing a little bit with my kid, I would just sit at the computer and/or watch TV. Now when I do watch, I do steps while watching (at least for half an hour of it) but if I have to pick between working out and watching TV, I work out instead!!
Old 10-11-2011, 09:13 AM   #89  

Quote:
Originally Posted by April Snow View Post
thanks Dumplin!

I think it's funny that I used to come home from work and other than playing a little bit with my kid, I would just sit at the computer and/or watch TV. Now when I do watch, I do steps while watching (at least for half an hour of it) but if I have to pick between working out and watching TV, I work out instead!!
I used to only watch TV too. I still do but I also make time for exercise. I think it's so awesome to see how many of us are choosing to take care of ourselves instead of veg in front of the TV. It feels great for myself and is wonderful to know I am in such good company. Way to go everyone! I am proud of all of us.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:43 PM   #90  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 220/TICKER/120

Height: 5'3"

Just wanted to check in...AprilSnow, congrats on the new chick avatar!! I just changed mine too. It's strangely satisfying, isn't it? :P

I realized today that I've officially lost a quarter of the weight. For some reason, that's a crazy thought to me- I still feel like I'm at the very beginning of my journey, but I guess I really am moving along!

Also, as a random side note--have you all acquired any "cheerleaders" along the way? You know, like a Zumba instructor or person at your gym or something like that who becomes almost personally invested in your weight loss journey? I realized today that one of the teachers at my yoga studio really cares about watching me succeed and helping me work through this. It made me smile today to realize that someone has so much faith in me.

Hope everyone's having a good Tuesday!
GreatPerhaps is offline   Reply With Quote