Old 09-01-2011, 01:23 PM   #1  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Default Accountability, Menus, Plans, Exercise, Stuff......September 2011

Here is a place where you can put down your daily plans, intentions, menu, exercises, have accountability and more!

Come on in, we are a friendly bunch! (Seriously, feel free to join in!)
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:26 PM   #2  

Morning guys. I slept better last night, I kept waking up but went back to sleep each time.

Hubby and I had a heart to heart last night. We've both regained weight this past month so we need to get back on track, and make better choices.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:40 PM   #3  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Happy to report I'm back on the straight & narrow LOL The past few days I've been somewhere else in my mind, and ate the following yesterday:

breakfast - coffee & muffin from Tim Hortons
Lu: 2 (that's TWO) junior chicken sandwiches & diet coke from McDonalds
Snack: 2 brownies
2nd Snack: Dairy Queen ice cream cone
Dinner: Pizza and greek salad
3rd Snack: 2 more brownies
4th Snack: 4 (that's right, FOUR) Reeses Peanut Butter Cups
5th Snack: 2 nectarines

WOW lol, what was that about??? hahaha I know what it was, I wan't paying attention and went on auto-pilot for the day and ignored my rational brain!

Today:
Br: oatmeal, cup of tea, a pear
Lu: ham & swiss on brown crusty bread, veggie soup
Dinner: grilled chicken, quinoa & veggies
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:15 PM   #4  
Just Breathe

S/C/G: 293/279/Healthy

Height: 5'6

Trazey!! I went into auto pilot myself lastnight and just kept grazing. That was after I posted on the accountability thread. It happens to us all from time to time but it sounds like you are really back on track today!!

Patch: Dont worry sweety, at least you and hubby caught it and didn't ignore it. I think you are doing wonderful and are still on the right track.
MsRatFink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Folks....yesterday was a struggle. BUT - I woke up today in a better frame of mind for eating well and having food sanity.

I must think of a strategy for the day after having gotten through a difficult time and not eating. And later... as a result - having a 'let down' in my reserve. Hmmm... I need to think of things to write on a card.
It might include:
-Having gotten through a vacation eating healthfully isn't a green light for overeating when it's over.
- I will 'undo' all the good I've done by overeating after a heathy food vacation.
- Imagine how badly you feel, ultimately, after over eating .
- This is your life - move forward instead of backwords.

My goals today:
plan/measure/write down food - later log into food tracker
meditation
lots of water - I will mentally count to ten after each bite. It should help today.
taste the food
eat seated only
no seconds
journal

I can't believe it September. College football starts tomorrow. I love watching on TV or at the stadium.

Have a great day.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:08 PM   #6  
Just Breathe

I have done A LOT better today than yesterday. I made a pot roast for dinner with a lot of yummy veggies. So this is what I had today:

B: my regular Breakfast Burrito
L: Apple and carrot sticks with 2 TBSP of ranch
D: 3 oz pot roast w/ carrots, onions, and potatoes. I did not make a cream gravy out of the broth. I just added some of the broth on the veggies for extra flavor. It was gooooood.

This long weekend poses as a challenge for me. My sis-in-law has a birthday and we are going to be cooking out at my MIL house. In true southern tradition there are going to be a ton of rich, yummy, fried, sugary goodness. But I am going to go through it just like any other day. I am going to pay attention to portion sizes and make healthier choices.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy Labor Day!
Old 09-01-2011, 11:12 PM   #7  

Sept 1
B= 2 c milk, vits, apple
L= PBJ
S= 1 cup dry cereal
D= 1/2 BBQ pork pizza
S= ice cream
S= cereal with milk
E= 45min cardio

I could have done a little better today. I don't think I'm eating enough in the mornings so by nighttime I want more to eat.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:48 AM   #8  

Hi friends... yesterday was a healthy day.. I am so grateful. I found the willingness to step away from the overeating I did the day before.

I got on the scale today and saw a two pound loss! YAY. My total for the month of August is down 8 pounds. I am very grateful and happy to find the willingness to try again.

We have a busy/food laden weekend ahead. My SIL is coming on Saturday from out of town and we'll have the cousins, etc over for a cookout here that evening. Monday - we are having a neighborhood cookout for two families moving on our street. The good thing is I have some control over what is served or available. So - on Saturday we will have London Broil, salad, corn on the cob and garlic bread. Cousin is bringing dessert. Monday will be hamburgers, veggie tray, baked beans (I don't like em). Someone else will bring dessert or it will be a watermelon. I am planning ahead but, taking it one challenge at a time.

Yesterday's I:
drank lots of water
planned/measured/logged food and put in food tracker
ate mostly seated
no seconds
tried to slow down
left a bite

Today I'd like to do the above things plus add: meditation, TASTE the food, stretches and strengthening (done) - read my helpful living with food cards.

PWpenguin - I tend to not eat enough in the morning too. I am going to work on that with you.

Anglela - glad your day was better. Pot roast and veggies sound good. Going to the party with a plan is a great idea... carry on.

trazey - so glad you on back on track. Crazy eating sometimes happens - can't change the past but, only move forward. Carry on with healthy plans!

MJ - Hope you are doing well.

Have a great day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 09-02-2011 at 08:54 AM.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:38 AM   #9  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi!!! I'm here! Things at work have been SUPER hectic. I think I have mentioned some major changes in the past...well....they will be happening SOON! We are moving our residential program to a new building. VERY exciting and stress producing at the same time. We are also having a lot of staffing issues at the same time...ugh...being a manager is NOT fun sometimes, but I like the challenge.

patchworkpenguin--Thanks for getting us started for September! wow..is it really September already??? Good for you for talking w/ hubby and getting back on track! I agree with you..your morning does look a little light....

Trazey--Hi! That darn auto pilot..

Beverlyjoy--Great job yesterday! I can't believe it is September either...I love college football too..Fall is my favorite season, that's why I chose it for our wedding A 2lb loss and 8lb for the month!!!! That's fantastic!!! Great job!!! Way to go planning ahead, but taking things one at at time.

Angela--Mmm your roast sounds delish! Way to go not making gravy!!! Good plan for the weekend. We will all face challenges along the way, it's how we get through them that is important. Have a great time!

Aside from work being hectic, I am doing well. Sticking w/ eating healthy and my workouts. Last nights Zumba class was BOOTY kicking! It was great. Tonight is kickboxing and I really can't wait...time to work out some of the work related stress

One of my friends told me about a new thrift store that I am going to check out tomorrow. I was planning on doing some shopping anyway, so that will be fun. Sunday I am finishing cleaning out/ packing up clothes and Monday I am literally doing nothing. Yep...a lazy day for MJ! Hubby has to work and most of my family is doing their own thing..which is fine. I have been invited different places, but to be honest, I am looking forward to a day a lounging w/ the sweet beagle sisters.

OH! The most awesome thing happened yesterday...one of our Directors called me at work. She is someone I NEVER talk to unless there is a major problem with one of our residents. Well, she was calling to tell me that I am such an inspiration to all of the staff and our residents. She said that I am setting an excellent example for everyone on a daily basis. She also let me know (she works in a different building) that my name comes up often in conversations when she hears people talking about making plans to improve their own health. She said that whenever she sees me, I am just "glowing" from the inside out. She went on and on...I thanked her for her kind words. I am completely humbled by her compliments. Honestly, I had NO idea she was even paying attention. I guess you never really know who is paying attention to what you are doing....pretty awesome.
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:16 AM   #10  
Just Breathe

I feel so sick tonight. This journey has been an amazing learning expierence which has usually ended with me having a stomach ache and and convinced that the foods I ate are just plain evil and are from the devil. I did a big no no today which lead me down the wrong road. I had a TON of errands to run today. I started the day off great, got up at 530 and did my cardio, breakfast and got ready for my day. I didn't pack a healthy snack to take with me today, that's where I went wrong...

B: Cherios w/ skim milk and NO Sugar
L: Taco Bell (lesson learned #1)
D: Mexican (DH and kids wanted it and it's my fave, so that's lesson #2)
Dessert: We went to TCBY and I got frozen yogurt.
Exercise: Jillian Micheals

DH and kids were in the car and had a flat. DH didn't pick up the new tire I ordered from Firestone so he ended up having to tire so I had to pick them up. I hadn't been to the grocery and it was late so we went out to dinner. I notice I fail on staying on track when I don't plan.

Patchwork: I'm a night time eater as well so I eat more at dinner and I find that I don't want to eat at night. I eat around 5pm so there is at least 3 hours before bed. I'm sure you will find a combination that works.

Beverly: WOOHOO ^5. That's a wonderful loss for August! Kick kickin butt lady :-D

MJ: Wow, that has to be one of the best compliments I have heard someone receive in a long time. I bet that made your heart flutter. You are a definite inspiration! Have fun on your "off day" Monday. soak it all up as much as you can, you deserve it!
Old 09-03-2011, 06:45 AM   #11  
mj5

Good Morning! Hope you are all making plans for an awesome weekend! Today, I have Zumba and then a little retail therapy The cleaning will wait....there is always cleaning and laundry to do, right?! Besides, I really want to check out that thrift store and I'l clean later when I get home.

Angela--Oh, I have sooo been there...and totally regretted the choices I made. Ugh. It is all part of the journey and learning process. Thanks...yea, I was kinda tearing up as she was talking. I mean, this call totally came out of the blue. I work for a human service agency...I manage an apartments program for mentally ill adults. I am trying to show, through my example, that by making healthy food choices and adding some exercise they can actually FEEL better. It certainly won't "cure" them...but can help them feel better. Our agency also offers a HUGE discount on Y memberships for our residents...$10 month/ for 3 months! I wish I could get that deal!!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!
Old 09-03-2011, 06:58 AM   #12  

Hi friends... yesterday was a healthy day... I am always grateful for that.

I fulfilled many of my goals:
eat seated only - yes
fork down between bites - some of the time
no seconds -yes
leave a bite - yes
slow mindful eating - nope... stll too fast
log/measure/log/food tracker all my food - yes
journal - yes
read info - no
meditation - YES
stretches and strengthening - yes
lots of water - not quite enough
weighed - yes

All the neighbors gathered and were chatting. DH didn't get home until 7pm. I had dinner ready (tuna salad). He/we stayed outside until 8:45 - I ate dinner then. It didn't 'kill' me to wait and realized that I don't have to eat by what the clock says. I did, however, have a slice of lite cheese at 6pm.

Today we will have out of town company and a cookout: London Broil, tossed salad, corn on the cob, garlic bread, watermelon, & brownies (cousin bringing & will take extras or they go in the trash immediately.)

I have been waking up all week at 3 or 4 am. What's that about??? Maybe some cammamile tea.

Angela - it's amazing how not planning or having what you need can throw a monkey wrench into the day. It's the same for me. Plus - the tire stuff. Carry on today!

MJ - I am thrilled and NOT surprised that your co-worker noticed and complemented you on your weight loss and determination. My friend, you ARE an inspiration to those around you. You show folks... it can be done... one day at a time. Yes.. moving is stressful...ugh.

Have a good weekend everyone.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:16 PM   #13  

My parents took us out to a local BBQ place for an early dinner today to celebrate Hubby's Birthday {which isn't until Sept 11!}, but Dad will have his heart operation on Tues then will be in ICU and otherwise recovering for a few weeks so we celebrated early.

I had a good nights sleep last night!

MJ, how nice of your co-worker to take the time to talk to you. Always nice to hear so many good compliments!

Beverly, When I was growing up we ate by the clock, now its more like when Hubby gets home from work, which changes daily. Its a challenge to have things ready 'near' the right time but most things I make only get better by sitting.

Angela, sorry to hear you had such a bad day. Hope tomorrow is better
Old 09-04-2011, 10:05 AM   #14  

Hi folks - we had a wonderful time last yesteday - SIL came down. Later our cousins and Aunt Mackie came over for dinner. Aunt Mackie didn't feel so good.... but, she came over because her neice (SIL) was here. It pushed her to do it. However, my mom didn't feel good enough to come over. (phooey)

She and DH went to the store for something and came back with my very favoarite ice cream (it would be the dessert for my 'last meal' type ice cream). I did have some. I must admit that after eating the ice cream I also had some peanuts and a piece of garlic bread. However, eating that unplanned ice cream etc. doesnt' mean I should go crazy for the next three days. There's another pint of the ice cream that may have to go into the trash. It's a shame because it's expensive. But, - better in the trash than me.

I did many of my daily goals throughout the day
ate seated only
meditation
lots of water
journalling
planned (even though it got changed... I did have a plan)

I have planned for a healthy day today.

Have a great day.

pwpenguin - wishing your dad the best result for his surgery.

MJ - how was the thrift shop. Hope you are enjoying your weekend.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:27 PM   #15  
mj5

Hi everyone! Phew, I am tired tonight...busy day yesterday, Zumba and cleaning today. The thrift store was awesome. I found some great bargains and found out how to go about donating/selling items to them. I will be doing that very soon...that was part of today's project...separating clothes.

Beverlyjoy--You are doing great!!! Thank you. Yes, it can be done! Great job w/ the icecream!!!

patchworkpenguin--Sounds like a nice dinner w/ your parents. YEA for a good night's sleep!!! Thank you, yes, it is good to year compliments

Tomorrow is going to be a lazy day...housework is done, the gym is closed for the holiday, it is too hot to do anything outside...so day off for MJ! I will probably watch some movies and lounge w/ the dogs. I'm thinking I could use a day like that!!!

Hope you are all doing well!