11lb loss in first week :D

• Hello again. I started dieting last Thursday, and then I was 238. I weighed myself this morning, and my weight is 227 That's an 11lb loss

I am over the moon about this, but I am a bit worried about losing too much, should I be?
  • No, that's not too fast, don't worry. It's always faster at the beginning. I lost around 30 pounds my first month. Now that I'm around my goal weight, I'm only losing 2-3 pounds a month. You probably lost a good amount of water weight your body was storing, too. I used to not be able to tell when I was retaining water weight...I sure can now and feel miserably bloated when I retain any water.
    You've had an awesome start, congrats!
  • I make sure to weigh myself at the same time every day with no clothes on. Also, my scales are on a hard surface
  • Quote: I make sure to weigh myself at the same time every day with no clothes on. Also, my scales are on a hard surface
    congrats on your first week!!

when you say at the same time, do you mean first thing in the morning?
  • Quote: congrats on your first week!!

when you say at the same time, do you mean first thing in the morning?
    Yes.
  • what is your weight loss plan?
  • I'm having pasta for most of my meals, maybe a healthy curry once a week, and snacking on light yoghurts, celery and grapes. I haven't done any exercise yet, but I plan to when I lose a bit more weight.
  • Losing too much? Man, I never worried about that! LOL!

Congrats on your loss! Woot! Woot! Keep us updated.
  • What kind of pasta are you eating?? I was eating low carb pasta last week and lost 2 pounds..
  • Quote: What kind of pasta are you eating?? I was eating low carb pasta last week and lost 2 pounds..

I'm having the packets of Batchelors pasta, and pasta mug shots.
  • Congrats.
    Water weight is still weight and it all adds up to make us OVERWEIGHT. Any loss is good, especially at the beginning.