SEPTEMBER NSV's!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • NSV's are Non Scale Victories! There are a million cool things that happen along the way that have nothing to do with the scale....what are yours?

Today I went shopping in my closet today and am wearing a brand new outfit!!
  • *bump*
  • Excellent Sandi! Closet shopping is the greatest! At least, on the way down.

It is official: The smallest size jeans at LB are too big. I've been hiking up these pants all day. Woo hoo!
  • I'll chime in.

Back in June, I purchased a shirt from "the LB" (Lord I cannot wait until I don't have to shop there anymore!) that was a little on the tight side. It's one of those shirts that shows your muffin-top even when you don't really have a true muffin-top (if that makes any sense to anyone else but me). Anyway, today I pulled it out of the closet and was pleasantly surprised to find out that it's BAGGY!

After losing only 1 lb this week, it's a big-time NSV for me.
  • Looking in the mirror and thinking "hmm i look good"
  • I love shopping in my closet !!!

I have had a range of probably 6 sizes in my wardrobe for years now, but now I've thrown a lot of 26s out - even though I like the clothes - I WILL NOT BE THAT PERSON AGAIN.

I wore what I called my "try on" pants yesterday, pants that 4 months ago did not ( and I mean DID NOT) do up, only barely shimmyed up my legs, and they fit beautifully, not a pull or a tug anywhere, buttons and zxippers slide up, no bulging or straining, and the side pockets are loose and comfy. AND with them I wore a shirt I bought ages ago a size 24 but a small (made in China) size, that did not go anywhere near doing up.

A great feeling to start September with.

Looking forward to some more at the end of the month...there's a nice business suit somewhere in there.......hmmmm.....
  • I think I saw the slightest twinge of abs today. There is a shadow on the sides of my abdomen - the goes UP AND DOWN - not horizontally from the fat rolls!

And I have visible defined quads now - without having to flex!
  • I have a collar bone!!! And I have definite shoulder definition again I'm loving it! My legs are thinning out and are totally looking hotter!!! I can wear a skirt again above the knee I did groceries today and I can carry many more bags than I ever could and still walk up the stairs to the front door and up the stairs to the kitchen without getting winded! I'm getting to bed at a decent time cause I'm actually TIRED from exercising and what a sound sleep I get now too! Waking up refreshed is so much better!!!! There's more but I think I wrote enough LOL
  • I am a size 18 in LB! I started out a 24! And I am a 14/16 in tops there!

I have lost a cup and a band size in bras!

I was able to zip up a coat that I could not even get the zippers to touch a few months ago. The coat is still tight but I can still zip it!
  • Today I'm wearing a suit for work that is the smallest item left in my closet from my adult life (I still have a skirt and dress left over from high school to fit into )!!

The pants to the suit are actually listed as a size 9/10 so I'm pretty excited about wearing them today.
  • My knees don't hurt anymore when I walk and my favorite "fat day" blouse is WAY too big for me.
  • I see my boyfriend on the weekends and last weekend he kept staring at me. When I asked him what was wrong he said (in a concerned voice) "Your face looks thinner..." YAY!!! It's supposed to haha! He knows I've changed my eating habits, but didn't know how much I had lost so far.
  • I have a variety of sizes in my closet (don't we all?) and yesterday I put on one of my "small" skorts - it's too big!
  • I've lost an inch from my waist in 9 days. I think that's pretty impressive
  • I finally have the towel overlaps when I wrap it around me victory!

Also I went looking for a jacket yesterday in Burlington. I found a 14/16 that I really liked and figured I could get it on but that it wouldn't button. Nope! It buttoned right up and wasn't tight at all. That was an awesome feeling. =)