NSV - social event

• I had to attend a social event at a nice restaurant/bar this evening as a representative of a student organization. I was a little bit worried about it, but I think I did pretty well. I ate lightly earlier in the day, so I had a lot of calories to "spend," and although the entree I chose wasn't terribly healthy, I know it wasn't the worst thing I could have chosen. I ordered water and a beer, but only had about 1/4 pint of the beer (which wasn't really a diet thing, but it doesn't hurt the caloric bottom line, either). I was very tempted to get dessert - enough to hold off on paying my check, since I thought that perhaps once everybody else left I could indulge in anonymity - but thought better of it in the end. Then, after getting back to my apartment and changing, I decided to turn my evening walk into an evening walk to the gym, and got my first workout of the week in. I'll probably see a gain tomorrow from the sodium, but I'm pretty happy with the way the evening went.
  • So awesome! Hope you had a great time too. I find those things pretty intimidating in general, so it's impressive that you planned for it and you managed to stay on plan. (And I do the eating in secret thing, too. Glad you chose the work-out instead!)
  • Good job on turning down dessert and staying strong. I know the social things are very stressful for me and I am not sure I could have stayed as strong.
  • yes, I find social eating, going out to be my biggest challenges. going to the gym too, nice
  • Good job.
  • Way to go! You made some really good decisions, and even if the scale pops up a little because of sodium you know it won't be because of poor eating.
  • Good on ya girl for planning ahead and making good choices!!!
  • Thanks chicks!