Old 08-20-2011, 12:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 350+/172/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Somewhere between a NSV and a PSA

I have never spent a lot of money on underwear, bras etc, but a friend was raving about her Spanx bra. I looked online and saw that it went up to a 42DD, so ordered it. All of my bras had been from Lane Bryant and were 46 or 48 DD, and I had noticed that since I lost some weight they hadn't been doing much for me...
Anyway, got the 42DD bra in the mail and it was too big. Not really where I was trying to lose the weight, but whatever... Long story short, I ordered it in a 42D and decided to splurge on some new underwear as well ($33! And when I measured myself I was a 1x in their sizing - all of my underwear was more like 3x...)
I got my new underwear and bra today and can't believe what a difference it made! I felt great, and it really made such a difference in how I look.
It's funny how you don't really realize how big things have gotten until you try on something in the right size.
Trying to work up my courage to throw out the old and order more of the new!
freefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 12:46 AM   #2  
Being Me-Inside and Out

S/C/G: 259/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

That is so awesome that a simple thing like a better fitting bra and underwear made such a difference. Good for you
sheramama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 12:57 AM   #3  
Walking the Journey

S/C/G: 307/ticker/175

Height: 5'7

I LOVE sexy underthings. I mean, even if they aren't "sexy" (I think my Day of the Dead boyshort underwear are sexy) They make me feel like it.

Yay for new underthings. That's the kind of personal treat that just happens for you, ya know?

woot!

-Kiki
Wyllowbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 01:08 AM   #4  
Determined N Unstoppable

S/C/G: 323/190.5/143

Height: 5'7"

Great Job! I love my Lane Bryant "Plunge" bras they are all I wear. Can be on the pricey side but so worth it! I was just at LB on Tuesday and they offered a free bra fitting and the bras were Buy 1 get 1 Half off, maybe something to look into.
I love getting new bras especially when the # is going down and the letter has not yet even after 102 pounds ....
mybestme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 01:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

I'm not a fancy underwear person, but it certainly is nice when they fit! I just had to buy new undies this week - the new ones feel so good compared the the baggy old ones.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:15 AM   #6  

Oh, yeah - what is PSA?

thanks - Lin
Old 08-20-2011, 10:13 AM   #7  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by linJber View Post
Oh, yeah - what is PSA?

thanks - Lin
Public Service Announcement
zinkemomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 03:02 PM   #8  

Thanks - I should have known that just from "life." ha ha! I was trying to make it weight loss related!
Old 08-22-2011, 08:44 AM   #9  
Cocktail Cowgirl

S/C/G: 280/263/160

Height: 5'6"

I love new underwear. It seems to be my one diet splurge, because I sure don't want to buy new, new clothes. Off to the thrift store this week for new jeans.

It is amazing how much better you look in new underwear that FIT! I keep telling myself it will help with skin sag.
cathi888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:27 PM   #10  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

I keep hearing a lot of good things about spanx. I think that's what I'm going to buy when I get new clothes in February. I figure I can coast on the clothes I have now but if this weight keeps coming off at this rate I'll need a whole new wardrobe by then (using tax return money).
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 04:47 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/130

Height: 5'1.5"

I have really been looking forward to a new wardrobe of underwear. I hate it that it's hard to find a true bikini in 3X. They always come all the way up to my belly button. I'd hate to see where the briefs end up. I have my heart set on the basic cotton victoria's secret bikinis that I used to wear in my 20s. They aren't all that sexy, but they have nice fabrics/prints and are comfortable and used to fit me well.

I am in need of something that fits me now, though. But I think I'll wait until I fit into a regular XL on the bottom to go and get some new bras and underwear. I think I'm quite close.
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote