3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   My first trip out (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/240802-my-first-trip-out.html)

Wyllowbelle 08-13-2011 09:14 PM

My first trip out

So I went up to Phoenix for Eric to check out the Graduate Economics department (he's courting his PHD) and for us to look at family housing. We stayed with a friend of ours and did some eating out. This was my first time going into the "real world" of eating out and socializing since I started this whole lifestyle change a month ago.

I did GREAT. I was inspired by Lin who posted on going out to eat and having things like Pear Salads. So, we went to a neat little hole in the wall Mediterranean place and I ordered a greek salad. It was yummy, not to large, and I didn't even eat all of it. I had water to drink. I actually had SO MUCH water yesterday because we were walking around Phoenix in the middle of the Summer Day. It was about 107 yesterday I think.

Then, for dinner, we did cheese meats and fruits and kind of gnoshed. Must of my calories came from some serious enjoyment of a few glasses of Beaujolais, which is a nice sweet red wine. The boys both drank Beer, which I love, but decided to stay away from.

This morning we did breakfast out and I made sure to have a spinach omelet, no toast, and stole a 1 piece of Bacon from Eric - which really, risks losing a hand! But all in all, NOT BAD for eating out.

I'm damn proud of myself. :cheer2:

Anyway, you guys were close to my brain while I navigated these challenges, and I just wanted to say again Thank you for being a community that just lets you jump in and receive instant support.

-Kiki

Dilli Doo 08-13-2011 09:31 PM

CONGRATS on your win!!

MrsClaus 08-14-2011 12:00 AM

Wonderful job.

Madame Souza 08-14-2011 12:47 AM

Good Job! I too am finding that it is possible to eat out if you just think about and watch what you eat.

JamiSue3916 08-14-2011 02:38 AM

It sounds like you're proud of yourself and you certainly should be. It's important to make those good decisions but even more important to be happy with what you did. Great job!!

theox 08-14-2011 12:18 PM

Good job, Kiki!

linJber 08-14-2011 04:46 PM

Fantastic job, Kiki - and I have to say this - you made my day! That pear salad was weeks ago and I'm glad my talking about it made an impression. We all just have to learn that there is food to eat out there that won't screw things up - we just have to make the choices we know are right and skip the crazy way of eating that got us overweight.

Keep up the good work and the positive attitude.

Lin

Lovely 08-14-2011 05:19 PM

Congrats on making great choices while still enjoying your time out! :D

1049jess 08-14-2011 07:52 PM

Way to go! It can be fun to go out to eat, once you realize there are lots of good things to choose from and not just bad! :)