Hair styles and color

• I was just wondering if there was any sights that show hairstyles for overweight woman? I want a change, but have no luck finding a hairstyle that looks right on me. I purchased a couple of mag. and that didn't help because all of the girls are thin.

I also just died my hair black and HATE it, lol. My husband has been wanting me to change it this dark, and I just gave in! Now I look like a cross between a fat Zina and a fat Cleopatra(sp?). He loves it and I'm scared to go to work tomorrow, lol.

I would show a pic, but my cam is not working right now so I'll get that picture later.

Bella23
  • Bella - I'll bet your hair looks better than you think! I dyed mine carrot red once, but it turned out mousey with orange streaks. I looked like Bozo the Clown!
  • This is fun to play with

http://www.myvirtualmodel.com/mvmhome/jsp/home.jsp?

I like to see what I look like skinnier and fatter!

Miss Chris
  • I love that site Chris!
  • I dyed my hair black after being a red-head for 8 years for my boyfriend. I love it. I didn't have bangs and I added some betty page bangs and couldn't believe how much thinner I looked.

I would visit some plus-size model website, or plus-size modeling agency sites. The girls are always heavier and have the cutest hair cuts.

Last but not least, go to a top-notch salon (not supercuts or fantastic sams) and get the advice of your stylist. Tell her you need a change and ask her what she would do. This is the best resource I've found. I've had stylist take me into directions that I never thought of and I loved them for it.
  • shorter!
    I have to say that I got about 4 inches cut off my hair last week and it has made such a difference! I love it! I look so much thinner, and people keep saying to me "Have you lost weight?" And since I've only lost 9 pounds, I know it's the hair!
  • I'm growing my hair out. I've had it short for a LONG time, since before my husband and I met. I've tried since then to grow it out, but lose patience when it's in a horrible in-between phase.

But, since this is a year of waiting for us, with the adoption coming up in about 8 months, I figure why not grow it out now? I may regret it - having hair long enough for a baby to grab. . .but I'm giving it a try.

I looked in hair mags for models with square-shaped or round faces like mine. They aren't overweight, but had full faces so I thought that might key me in to what would look good on me.

Angi
  • I grew out my hair while I was on mat leave and had it the longest I'd had it in over 15 years. I have to say though as much as I loved having the long hair it really did make my face look a lot fatter. I get mine cut really short on the back and the sides with longer layers on top and bangs. I color my hair to cover the gray and I like medium brown/auburn shades. I have very pale skin so black would be very overwhelming for me. I think it is best to stick within a few shades of your real color if you want something natural looking. I have medium brown hair but I love the red tints I get when I color it.
  • I went to that virtual model site and did models of what my weight is today and what it would look like at my goal weight and what a difference!! I'm going to print it out and post it on the fridge!!!
  • Jen, I did that and printed a pic of me at each 10lb loss. It was a lot of pics but it is on my frig and hopefully I'll loose like they do, lol.

Bella23