22 lbs in 8 months

• I just realized I have lost 22 lbs in 8 months. This may not seem like such a huge feat when compared to others but for me it's a big deal. Mainly because... I've never been able to lose more than 15-20 lbs.
    I've been dealing with HUGE stress, anxiety and depression over the last 6 months.
    I put weight loss on hold because I just couldn't deal with it, but I made a decision to try my best to eat healthier during this time.

I was sitting here thinking that I hadn't lost weight because I haven't been trying but really that isn't true at all. I did lose weight and I did it just by making the decision to eat healthier. This may be the slowest weight I've ever lost but it's almost 3 lbs a month and 22lbs is the equivalent to 4 5lb bags of sugar and 8 sticks of butter, it's 22 lbs that I'm not carrying with me anymore.

So I was thinking if I could do that just by making the decision to eat healthier, maybe I could make another decision. To decide to exercise more. Maybe if I exercised more, I could turn that 22 lb loss into a 44 lb loss 8 months from now.
  • You have an excellent attitude and any loss - no matter how slow -- is one more step in the direction of a healthier and happier life.

WAY TO GO!!
  • You are 22 pounds closer to your goal! I think it's great that during a difficult time in your life you still made a decision to eat healthily.

The cat in your avatar is very pretty btw.
  • personally, I've never lasted more than 6 months, so I think it's GREAT that you are still working away on your plan after 8 months, and that's regardless of the amount of weight you've lost. Staying with it will be the thing that gets you there, and when you get there is less important than just getting there.

and yes, definitely try to get into more exercise - with 22 lbs gone, it will be much easier than it would have been before - just do the same thing of taking it small steps at a time, and you will get yourself there on fitness, the way you are on weight.
  • Awesome
  • I think 22 pounds is a great accomplishment! Keep up the good work and you'll see continued losses. You rock!

Lin
  • Keep it up, always chat to 3fc chicks, when you feel like. They will certainly motivate you. And one day, new chicks would join and follow your example.
  • A loss is a loss! Congrats!!!! Hey taking small steps is cool, your making wise choices to make you better and that's all that counts! Remember the story of the tortoise and the hare That's a great accomplishment!
  • Congrats on the loss....I'm in the lil Angel in your Ear that says...Just imagine your life another 22 down...Keep it going and do just one more thing to make it all better for you and you'll do it again and then some!