Old 01-04-2013, 03:40 AM   #1  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Default Try try again

So I'm back here again. I've been mostly maintaining between 250-260. I don't really know what I'm doing. I'm just kinda doing healthy eating autopilot. I've been challenging myself to hooping 30 minutes every day for the month of January. I even have a buddy for it! So that's encouraging. I don't know if I'll try to push to lose all my weight. If I could just get back to my smallest weight, I could be happy for a bit. Even just in the last few days since cutting out 75% of my caffeine, my headaches seem to be better. I'm not even going to worry about getting everything "right." Which I think I tend to obsess too much on sometimes (like did I get all my f/v? Do I have the right ratio of cardio and strength and flexibility? Did I drink enough water? etc). As long as I'm feeling better/scale going down/etc, I will be on the right track.

Although my husband isn't supportive cause 'food is so expensive.' He tells me, "can't you find any cheaper ways to lose weight?" It makes me feel like he wants me to be fat and unhealthy. I also don't think he realizes how much we're spending on fast food some weeks. It'd probably be about the same. Maybe even cheaper in the long run.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:47 AM   #2  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

I'm back to try, try again too. Good job on maintaining in the 250s, and yay for taking control and moving forward!
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:15 PM   #3  
Started IP: Nov. 2, 2012

S/C/G: 326/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8''

Welcome back! I found eating healthy to be A LOT cheaper than eating out or buying (well let's face it) crap. However, I'm kind of obsessive about buying all my meats and veggies when they're on sale and freezing them (or preparing meals and freezing separate servings). You can always show him proof to shut him up!

Good luck and best wishes !
Tziri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: Highest:266/T/Size 8

Height: 5'4

Welcome back! I just popped back on after a long break too.

I agree with Tziri, using the freezer to buy lean protein helps save a ton.
SarahFairhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:09 PM   #5  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

My husband gets grumpy about my food purchases too, but I tell him if I'm not eating fast food...and if I'm making dinner, that means that he isn't eating fast food- that we are really saving money in the long run. He really rolls his eyes when I start brining home the organics and grass fed beef and free range chicken.

He usually settles down when I explain the benefits for him, myself and our future children. I really want those nutrient stores for when we start a family.

I'm sorry that you feel like you aren't getting the support you need. That can be really discouraging. We'll support you!

ETA: Also- I LOVE your Be Calm Hoopdance. It's amazing. It's captivating and beautiful. I've never heard of hooping before- I will have to check it out.

Last edited by lunarsongbird; 01-04-2013 at 01:13 PM.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:53 AM   #6  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Love the hopping vids, keep up the good work!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:40 AM   #7  
Hooping my Life Away

Thanks everyone for the support! Unfortunately I feel a cold coming on. Which means it will be hard for me to stay on track. I don't understand why ever time that I cut back on my eating, I get sick. Could there be any reason? Shouldn't the extra veggies be good for my immune system?

The last time I lost 15 pounds, I was able to snag salad veggies on sale a lot along with some lean meats. I'd be set for a week or so for under $30. Which some of my friends thought were amazing!

Quote:
ETA: Also- I LOVE your Be Calm Hoopdance. It's amazing. It's captivating and beautiful. I've never heard of hooping before- I will have to check it out.
Thank you so much! It actually made front page of the biggest hooping website, hooping.org a few months ago!

Quote:
Love the hopping vids, keep up the good work!
Thanks!
Old 01-05-2013, 12:42 PM   #8  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Show your husband the breakdown. Eating fast food every day is anywhere from $30-90 per day, PER DAY! $10-30 each meal for 2 people depending on where you eat. Now...Put it this way, I Recently went to my local butcher and bought almost 3 months of meat for $150 (check out ground chicken at your local butcher, Mine is only $1.49 a LB super lean, super healthy and low cal). I usually spend anywhere from $25-$35 PER WEEK for 3 ppl in veggies from my local produce store (everything there is fresh and local, mostly organic) and then once a month I buy a block of cheese, some salad dressing, maybe a thing of refired beans, yogurt and salad dressing...Maybe $40 a month. lets add that up $150-3 = 50 + 120 (4 weeks at $30 per week) +40 that equals to about 210.

Now eating out lets say 3x a day fast food, say mcdonalds dollar menu $10 x 3 =$30 a day X 7 days a week is 210! Look at that in one week you spend the oney for a whole months of food!
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:12 PM   #9  
Living Intuitively

Under $30 is incredible for a week! Fast food costs way more- and makes your body just feel...ick. I believe that one reason why people start feeling a bit crummy/cold/flu like when getting back on plan is that their body is detoxing. It happens to me nearly every single time. (The chest/nasal congestion even!)

I try to really up my water intake, rest, increase my vitamin C and take baths with epsom salts. I manage congestion with a netti pot.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:26 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 24W/10-12/10-12

Height: 5', 5"

On costs....I spent my life investing in everyone else but me. If I had an illness and my life was at risk, I would spend the money on treatment without thought. I do have a LIFE THREATENING habit and I need this to LIVE. And I really want to LIVE.... Don't feel bad about investing in you. You're so worth it
free1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:21 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 291/ticker/191

Also, don't forget things like beans, boiled eggs, cheese or tuna are great ways to get extra protein in! You can make an awesome salad with some kidney beans or tuna on it for next to nothing. YUM!
1049jess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:25 PM   #12  
Hooping my Life Away

Quote:
If I had an illness and my life was at risk, I would spend the money on treatment without thought. I do have a LIFE THREATENING habit and I need this to LIVE
Exactly! If I was diagnosed with diabetes tomorrow, he'd be supportive. And there is diabetes in my family. I probably have averted it with all my attempts to lose weight though. I even have a glucose monitor to check my sugar periodically.

Quote:
I believe that one reason why people start feeling a bit crummy/cold/flu like when getting back on plan is that their body is detoxing. It happens to me nearly every single time. (The chest/nasal congestion even!)

I try to really up my water intake, rest, increase my vitamin C and take baths with epsom salts. I manage congestion with a netti pot.
That's what one of my friends say but it's not always a cold. I'll just get whatever bug is floating around. I currently seem to have a cold. I personally hate colds because every time I have a productive cough, I worry I'm getting pneumonia again. Also, at work, we have the flu floating around. Which means if my immune system is already fighting a cold, it will just let the flu march on in.

So far, I made sure to go to bed early today (although I didn't sleep well), took some cold eze, zinc, vit d (I read an article that colds can start from d deficiency. I work nights. I am sure I am deficient), and vitamin c. The sad thing is normally I love water. When I get sick, I can't taste water and I can't really drink it. But imma force it down. If not, I'll drink some tea or hot broth. I really don't want to derail this time. I figured I could allow myself a few extra calories but not excessive. I think I will make some cold busting smoothies made with oranges and blueberries to pack for my snack tonight.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:29 PM   #13  
Living Intuitively

Oh my goodness...the flu is REALLY going around here now, as well! It just seems to be really bad this year! I hope you feel better soon!
Old 01-07-2013, 08:12 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi! There's a forum here at 3fc that has some tips for saving money when cooking and/or buying more healthy foods:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/shoestring-meals-235/

This might help.

Take care now.

PS - hope your flu is better.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 01-07-2013 at 08:13 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:11 PM   #15  
Hooping my Life Away

So far, so good, no flu yet, just a cold with a terrible cough. I tried to sleep all day today and my coughs seem much better. I've been off the wagon a bit but I've kept on doing the bare minimum of 30 minutes of hooping.