3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Rough weekend (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/24002-rough-weekend.html)

Step 01-20-2003 01:31 PM

Rough weekend

I had a rough weekend, diet-wise.

First, I LOST my journal. I had been diligently keeping a food diary in the first section of a 3 subject notebook and keeping 'thoughts', etc, in another section. I don't know how or when I lost it. But I first missed it almost a week ago. I've searched my house, my car and my office. Can't find it. I'm not convinced that one of my kids didn't abscond w/ it, but even the offer of $1 for the first person who found it didn't help it turn up. My dh bought me a NEW one, just like the old one, but he doesn't understand that it's not the same. I'll never be able to record my feelings from the first day of my 'new and improved lifestyle' and I had magazine clippings (about diet and exercise) stuffed into the pockets of my original one. EEEK!

Then, it was very cold and my kids were going stir-crazy. Nothing I did worked for more than a little while to keep them from fighting! I TRIED to be 'good' but I did a bit of stress eating. I didn't go completely overboard but was definitely off-plan!

I started this morning with a bad attitude thinking about all the bad things I might as well eat now that I 'blew it'. BUT ... I gave myself a pep talk on my drive to work and have been on-plan all day. So, I guess I'm still going in the right direction.

I just needed to vent to somebody who would understand. If you've made it this far, thanks for reading.

Jennelle 01-20-2003 04:16 PM

Steph...I promise your journal will turn up somewhere! It's going to be somewhere odd, I'm sure, but it will turn up! :lol: I have lost and found so many notebooks and journals...I am keeping the stationery section of K-Mart in business!

Raelynn 01-20-2003 04:46 PM

I'm sure your journal will turn up, probably where you are least expecting. I'm sorry you had a rough weekend.

AngiKL 01-20-2003 07:27 PM

Hi Steph!

Good for you for getting back on track instead of letting your slip-up last longer.

I'm proud of you!
Angi

Step 01-23-2003 05:12 PM

Guess what turned up yesterday ... my journal!! :D

I've been keeping my food diary on loose paper, I'm glad I hadn't taken the time to copy it all over to my new notebook ... lol!!

It's foolish, but having that silly book back in my hands makes me feel more motivated!

SuchAPrettyFace 01-23-2003 06:10 PM

Yay! Go Steph! Happy to hear it! :D

gonzostar 01-23-2003 06:19 PM

yay!!! i'd be so sad if i lost my pretty little green book. and i don't even have all the extra stuff in there that you said you had. anyways, glad it's back!

Jennelle 01-23-2003 11:32 PM

told you it would turn up :D