Wearing my tight jeans is motivational

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Today I wore a size 16 jeans that I haven't worn in at least half a year. Once I bought size 18's (which was stupid) I just filled them out. So, this morning, running late for work, I whipped a pair of pants out of the dresser drawer and jumped into them, then had a minor struggle zipping and buttoning them and a little bit of panic set in "they're too small!" then I looked at them closely and realized I had grabbed a size 16 and managed to not only get them over my hips but get them zipped and buttoned. After the realization kicked in I did a little happy dance, literally, danced a bit out of sheer delight. I've got a muffin top, yes, and they are still tight after wearing them all morning but at LEAST I'm wearing 16's and the tightness of them has deterred me from any kind of lapse in judgement.

Lets hope this good feeling lasts all day! ****, I might even wear them again tomorrow so I can feel this good all day again !
  • LOL! What a nice surprise.

Similar story when I went to get fitted for new bras. I though I was a 44, and my bras were WAY too loose, so I got fitted and found out I was still a 44. I was super bummed thinking my bra was just REALLY stretched out. Come to find out, that bra was a 46! I DID lose 2"!! I guess I blacked out having to buy bigger.
  • I read that, and ran into the bathroom to check the tag on my pants and make super sure they are really 16's lol! Yep, coldwater creek 16's and I don't think CC does vanity sizes.
  • yay!! Doing the happy dance with you!
  • PICS or it didn't happen, lol!!!
  • OMG that's amazing!!!! What a great story, that's awesome girl! Who cares about the muffin top your wearing 16's!!!!!!
  • Sweet! Keep it up, you're doing great!
  • Awesome! Feels great, doesn't it?
  • i literally haven't worn jeans in like a year....i now can get a pair on that are tight but i can get them on and that makes me excited..... now to make them loose and move on to the next size in my closet.

congrats!!
  • Excellent! I bet you both feel terrific! Can't wait to get out of my mom jeans and into something lower rise myself!
  • That's awesome and inspirational! Can't tell you how many old clothes I have kept thinking they'll be motivational. Some are waaaaay out of style but I will NOT get rid of 'em cause "one day" I WILL fit into them again! THEN and only then, will I get rid of them! ;-)
  • Yes, I have jeans that are a size 11 that I wore two years ago and I'm not tossing them until I squeeze my butt into them again. THEN I'll toss them or donate or whatever...but its like a milestone to get back into them. I have a pair of ON skinny flare jeans coming in the mail in a size 16, I will be so effin elated if they fit.
  • I totally understand I wore a shirt today I had not worn in a year!!!! it didn't fit exactly as it had in the past...but a few months ago I would have NEVER worn it because I could barely get into it
  • AMAZING NSVs! Congratulations.
  • That is awesome! So thrilled for you!