Old 08-22-2011, 06:43 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

Time flies when you have no computer. I finally have the new one up and running. I lost 1.5 last week.

b1: coffee, yogurt
b2: hb eggs, pumpkin
l: brown and wild rice, zucchini with parmesan, blueberries
d: meatloaf with zucchini, carrots, grapes
e: yoga, water aerobics, salsa dancing

Hello and welcome to all the new folks that are coming here to post.
allgirls, cfmama, MsRatFink, TransformingMyself

mj, penguin, Beverlyjoy, lottie, beaka - you all are doing so good!!

BBL for more personal notes!
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:09 PM   #122  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

I"m just painting my cabinets. :P
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:23 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi folks... checking. I made it through the family cookout very well. I am grateful. I could not fall asleep last night and ate a little extra at 3am.

Yesterday I had some credits: planned/logged food, ate seated most of the time, no seconds, journalled, left a bite, & tried to slow down.

I was able to pass on pizza, subs, cookies, brownies and more at the cookout... credit.

I added another "D" to the former Five D's: (things to remember when ya get a craving, etc)

Distance self from the food.
Drink water
Deep breathing
Distractions
Destroy the food
and new D is: Don't Drive. - reminding myself to NOT get in the car to buy something I am craving.

Hoping folks are doing well. As always thanks for your support.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:25 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 286/153/155

Height: 5'9

Hey Lottie,
I checked out your blog. The recipes look so good. I stopped eating meat a while ago and am always looking for great low cal foods to prepare. I am always open to new tastes and ideas. Keep up the great work.
Madame Souza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:36 PM   #125  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Aug 22
B= 2 c milk, cereal
L= 1/2 Leftover RR salad with extra greens
S= handfull choc chips, cranberry juice
D= 1/2 homemade BBQ chicken pizza
S= apple PB
E= 30min cardio/weights + painting

Lottie, ha! I set a trend! What color?

Beverly, good job at the cookout!

Chix, glad to have you back!

Chloe, I wonder if Hubby would like yogurt ranch???

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 08-23-2011 at 11:49 PM.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 03:28 PM   #126  

Hi folks - yesterday was a healthy day… always grateful for that. I really did a lot of writing in my journal where I keep track of my day and goals/tasks. Credit.

Goals and results:
Eat seated - most of the time
No seconds - all of the time
Arc/rc/beck - no
Meditation - no
Weigh - yes (looked down a smidge - spring scale)
Slow mindful eating - some of the time
Leave a bite - all the time
Journal - yes
Planned/measured/logged food - yes, it did change a couple time, however

Have a great day!
Old 08-23-2011, 06:40 PM   #127  

lottie - you have such a great talent for writing whether it is a novel or a blog! Congrats on your recent achievements.

Beverlyjoy - you are rockin' your daily goals! Your healthy days are adding up!

Penguin - have you been eating your Wheaties??!! You have lots of energy these days. I love the butternut color idea. Did you know red stimulates your appetite?

mj - The kickboxing sounds interesting but I think I'll stick with no equipment necessary classes. I found that if the zumba class attendance is a little lighter, I can work harder too. I need room to MOVE IT!!!

new posters - come back and post some more!!!

b1: coffee, yogurt
b2: hb eggs, pumpkin
l: lemon chicken, green and wax beans, nectarine (really sweet and juicy)
d: fiber1 80, skim milk
e: bodypump, zumba

At the end of last night's salsa dancing, she had us use light hand weights for some slow and different moves. Meh.

I have tomorrow off from my little job but I have already scheduled auto repairs in the morning. I'll have to see if there is a class at the gym I'd like to try.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:49 PM   #128  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Aug 23
B= 2 c milk, vits, cereal
L= Salad, choc chips, cranberry juice
S= 1/2 can beets {I was hungry and it looked good!}
D= Leftover spaghetti, peas and carrots, bread/butter
E= 45min cardio

Chix, I did know that, but when I painted the kitchen {white cabinets/trim with red walls} I wasn't worried about weightloss and its so tiny I didn't think it would matter much. I got the butternut idea from painting my headboard a 'wood' color and liked the color. Bear in mind I grew up with 70's harvest gold and its pretty close in color, which is one reason its taken me so long {two years} to find a wall color. I kept thinking the color was a mistake and I'd change it.

Beverly, looks like you had a good day. Good job on posting more often.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 05:49 AM   #129  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning!

DixC Chix--CONGRATS on the 1.5 loss! I agree...I like having room to move at Zumba! I moved up to the front row last night. WOW. Talk about working harder...especially when the instructor steps back and dances right next to you. Intense! I kept up though!

lottie--how is the painting coming?

patchworkpenguin--I hope you inspire me to paint too...my kitchen cabinets are a mess...

Beverlyjoy--AWESOME!!!

I was talking to my wellness coach yesterday and he was impressed that I went to kickboxing. He had no idea I was trying it (we haven't talked in 2 weeks). I also talked about how hectic things have been at work and how awesome it has been that instead of how I used to just "give up" on my workouts and eating healthy...those are the two "constants" that have helped keep me sane....He also thought it was great that I was mixing up my workout routine a bit. I am going to substitute one Zumba class each week for one kickboxing class. Makes me sad to give up a Zumba class, but something has to "give"...my Zumba instructor is in total support of getting into kickboxing (she does some really intense military style training w/ her trainer and LOVES kickboxing, etc). I really can't wait to go back to kickboxing on Friday.

Have a great day everyone!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:19 AM   #130  

Hi friends... yesterday was a healthy day - always grateful for that. Some things I did yesterday: planned/measured/ logged food, ate seated mostly, fork down between bites (some of the time), no seconds, lots of water, a few stretches and more.

I had a bunch of of sliced tomatoes left over from the cookout. So I put them in a pot with some onions, pepppers, a bit of stevia and oregano and made some stewed tomatoes. So good!

I've got to get my car checked today. Some bolts on the car in the wheelwell have popped off (not from the wheel) This should not happen!

I really need to include my meditation into my day. It always helps.

Good news... I have lost another pound. (four sticks of butter!) yay I was able to change my next mini goal from 224 to 219.

MJ - kudo's on your dedication to your workouts and taking up kickboxing. Awesome.

Patchwork penguin - good food plan and cardio! I like beets too.

dixcchix - Salsa dancing... ole! What fun.. good food plan.

Hi, Madame Souza!

lottie - what color are your cabinets?

Have a great day, everyone.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 08-24-2011 at 07:54 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:17 PM   #131  

Just getting back from auto repair place at 2:30. I was starving so I had a fast food lunch which will do me for the day both appetite and WWP+. Not the best choice for sure but I didn't know it would take so long to replace the hosesor did I expect the cost to be over $500! The waiting room had little to offer - only sugary sodas. The only redeeming value from today is that I walked over to restaurant. And of course car is fixed.

Zumba was a little different with the guy instructor last night. And he had more muscle-focused moves, too! Someone must have mentioned something to them or they are trying out the Zumba Fitness routines to see if there is interest. Having already done BodyPump in the morning, it felt a little like overkill on my biceps and delts. My gym's other location near me is offering a one time only Aqua Zumba class on Saturday lead by the regular instructor. I have to check that out!

mj - That's so awesome! You are doing so great!!

Beverlyjoy - Congrats on the loss!! That's fantastic and totally reflects your efforts and results. Yay!!

penguin - Harvest gold was sooo the color, wasn't it?! And so was avocado green. I had a red kitchen for years then I found out the overeating connection. Now I have dusty turquoise green. Kudos to you for doing the painting. That's a lot of stretching, moving, twisting, good activity.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:10 AM   #132  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning!

Beverlyjoy--Mmmm, your stewed tomatoes sound yummy! Oh my goodness...how scary about your car! CONGRATULATIONS on your loss!!!!

DixC Chix--Yikes...I hate car stuff (as I know I said over and over last month!) Have fun at Aqua Zumba! Sounds fun!

hi to everyone else!!!

I received my new workout yesterday. Wow. I had a *minor* omg moment, but otherwise just "decided" I was starting it yesterday and that was that. I was challenging and I LOVED it! My trainer totally ROCKS! He knows just exactly how far to push me...even when I am not so sure myself...that's why he does what he does and I do what he says, lol!

I received an email from the kickboxing place yesterday...they are running an "end of summer" super bargain on "class passes" the really cool thing is you can use the pass for any class and they don't expire. So, I responded and said 'sign me up'! I will officially sign up on Friday when I go in for the class. I will also receive a 2nd 1:1 personal training session, which is cool.

The funny thing is...I have never been a fan of boxing/fighting, BUT I am learning to have a lot of respect for the strength and power that is necessary.

I also want to thank all of you for your support and encouragement..some of you I haven't 'known' very long..some have hung in there with me over the long haul. You have each supported me along the way and I hope that I have done the same for you. You are the BEST!!!!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:11 AM   #133  

HI friends... yesterday was a great healthy day... I am so grateful. I thought about many of my goals and acheived some too.

planned/measured/logged food - yes
eat seated only - most of time
no seconds - yes
left a bite - yes
fork down between bites - some of the time
slow/mindful/tasting the food - some of the time
journalling - yes
meditation - no
exericise - no
lots of water - yes
weighed - yes
read Beck Book - yes

I took my car in to be fixed. I waited and took that time to read my book and take some notes. Really trying to focus on doing the things that helped me the past with food. I logged my food into the Sparkpeople food tracker. It's been helpful.

MJ - I am loving to hear your wonderful enthusiasm for your trainer, kick-butt workouts and now even, kickboxing. It's been so wonderful seeing you finding out what and how it works for you. Yes... you are a wonderful 3fc friend - I appreciate your kindness and support always.

Dixichick - cars - they can be so expensive. Too bad the machine didn't offer some water. I waited yesterday for my car and luckily that had water in with the pop. Kudo's for all of your exercise. Aqua Zumba sound awesome. Carry on.

Have a great day, everyone.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:01 AM   #134  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

beverleyjoy, right now they are white with a pale green trim, LOVE them, but so hard to keep clean, and we now have leopard plates so I'm doing them dark cinnamony brown with alight brownish beighish border.

dixc: thanks so much!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:40 AM   #135  
Just Breathe

S/C/G: 293/279/Healthy

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone

This thread really inspires me to do well so I'm going to post for today.

B: breakfast burrito with a whole wheat tortilla
L: Salad with 4 oz chicken seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic sauteed in a little olive oil.
1 cup watermelon
D: I made whole wheat pasta and mixed it with chipotle chicken sausage and Parma rosa sauce. Very tasty!
Desert: skinny cow candy pack

I also had a NSV today. I ran out of milk while fixing dinner and I ran to the grocery. I picked up a naughty desert because I was so hungry but I put it back, got the milk and came home. I was so proud I caught the urge and won.

Little things, that's what I'm making count. :-)
MsRatFink is offline   Reply With Quote