S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning!

B1: coffee, yogurt
B2: hb egg, pumpkin
L: WW tortilla wrap with lc cheese, bell pepper, shredded carrot, grapes
D: chicken breast, from the garden fresh green beans, carrots, grapes
E: bodypump

I have errands and chores today along with chauffeuring sis from work (1/2 day) to home.

mj - Congrats on the dress!!! Loss in the tukus??!! Good reminder to toss droopy draw underwear.

lottie - Glad you are enjoying the juicing. Do you have any favorite blends or recipes?

penguin - Hope you enjoyed visit from sis. I hear ya on the heat when working out.
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:47 PM   #17  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

dixc: I like pineapple kale the best. but I just made this one, "everything but the kitchen sink" it had carrots, red peppers, broccoli, cucumber, kale, and apples that I really liked.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:49 PM   #18  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Aug 4
B= 2 c milk, vits
L= 1/2 slice buttered bread, 1/2 Orchetta Pasta w chicken
D= Salad, 2 slices sausage pizza
S= handful choc chips
S= apple w PB
E= too hot!

I'm having my second eye surgery tomorrow! I'm excited to be able to see better. I didn't realize how bad my vision had gotten again since my cataract surgery until the blurry film was removed!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:22 AM   #19  
unabashed

patchwork, good luck with the surgery!

Today is day 3 of the juice fast and the morning of the fast I had bumped up to 228, I am now down 4 lbs.

Woooo!
Old 08-05-2011, 09:27 AM   #20  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! So, my second NSV of the week....I work my new Zumba tank top to class last night (with only a sports bra under neath, lol). I was a little self conscious at first, but I must say, I think I worked a little harder last night Of course, it helped that 1.) our instructor was recording video for youtube (I really tried to stay out of the line of the camera...not quite ready for that, lol!) but as a result the class was HIGH energy and 2.) when I walked into class my instructor came running across the room full speed ahead and hugged me for being brave and wearing it I love her.

patchworkpenguin--Good luck with your surgery!!!

rakel--how are you doing?

lottie--go you!!! I give you a lot of credit, not sure I could stick with a juice fast for so long.

We *should* be able to put the car on the road on Monday. Fingers and toes crossed!!!!! I can't wait to have 2 cars again....my dh is being absolutely fantastic since I have our only car most of the time, but it is growing old for both of us!!!

Last night I received my Under Armour clearance / outlet order. Awesome shirts! I like these because they are "V" neck and a little longer...perfect for weight lifting...so I don't feel like my tummy is sticking out, lol!!!

Have a great day!

Last edited by mj5; 08-05-2011 at 09:28 AM.
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:12 PM   #21  

B1: coffee, yogurt
B2: hb egg, pumpkin
L: WW chicken wrap with shredded carrot, spinach, grapes
D: flatbread pizza with mushrooms, bell pepper, cheese
E: water aerobics, zumba

I am going shopping for something to wear to the ballet next Fri. And I am going to Best Buy for a new laptop. I am also going to prep cukes and onions for pickling tomorrow - Sunshine (bread and butter) Pickles are kinda sweet and sour but have to soak in salt water overnight.

penguin - I hope your surgery has gone well and you enjoy clear vision now!

lottie - sounds like the juicing is working for you - Yay!

mj - I hope your car acquisition goes smooth and you & dh are each behind the wheel very soon!!! You go girl with your zumba tank top!!
Old 08-05-2011, 04:28 PM   #22  

Wanted to update that the Dr fixed my eye. Its sore and dialated but doing good!
Old 08-06-2011, 09:14 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi friends... I am trying again. I am not dealing with health stress well... but, yesterday was an OP day. I am grateful. I am so, so glad to see my accountability buddies doing well! Love it.

I never totally run away.... I always post my gratitudes ... so I stay connected.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 08-06-2011 at 01:57 PM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:39 AM   #24  
unabashed

patchwork, good to hear it went well

dixc: you getting that acer? is it still a good deal?

beverly, congrats on your on plan day. one day at a time!

Today I woke up, day 4, and am down 6 lbs.

Old 08-06-2011, 11:48 AM   #25  

I'm getting a haircut today. I've been letting the pixie grow out so now my hair is a tad past my shoulders, but its shaggy and unkept looking. I'm sure Angie can fix me!

I've been walking around without my glasses for part of the morning and didn't realize I didn't have them on! I can't believe all the detail I can see and the bright colors that I thought were much dimmer!

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 08-06-2011 at 05:33 PM.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:42 PM   #26  

Successful shopping trip - I found a swing skirt in my fav periwinkle blue, lavendar and green colors in a lightweight polyester fabric (skirt is lined) on sale - $15. I already have a top to go with it.

I did get a new laptop but they didn't have any more Acers in stock when I got there at 10:20 a.m. (store opened at 10) so I got a Toshiba for $329, stood in line for 1 hour and all said and done cost $499.99 (no tax). I am okay with my second choice as I had researched my backup just in case. I'll take my old and new back in next week for the data exchange.

I made stuffed peppers with my own home grown peppers - yum!! I also made two batches of sunshine pickles and will prep for at least 2 dill pickle batches tomorrow. Then I just may have clear kitchen counters again.

After a quick shower I'm heading down to my neighbor's with some nice cherry tomatoes, bell pepper, zucchini, cukes and jar of pickles. (Mr. is battling leukemia and Mrs. got fired from her job for taking off too much time for his treatments and therapy. She's suing as she should.

B: coffee, hb egg, pumpkin
L: stuffed pepper, grapes
D: probably another stuffed pepper (they are only 6 WWP+)
E: none (unless working in the kitchen for 4 hours counts)

penguin - So glad to hear eye surgery was a big success!! Yay!!! So what style is the new 'do?

lottie - Wow that juicing fast is working wonders for you.

Beverlyjoy - good to hear from you and glad you are checking in. We miss you over here.

mj - I'll bet you are working on getting that car deal done after your zumba class, of course!
Old 08-06-2011, 05:00 PM   #27  
unabashed

dixc, glad you still got a decent deal! My bf does my transfers for me, I'm clueless. :P

he's a computer geek.

So my skin is looking great, my ibs-c is not an issue on the juice fast and I feel great! Today is the first day I've had any REAL hunger issues and I know it's because I'm lazy and it's already 5 and I"m only on juice #3. I'm normally on 4 by now. Oh wells. I'm going to have some cherry pineapple for a snack to take with me to poker, and when I get home I'm going to have a cucumber celery juice, with a touch of salt, it's pretty good!
Old 08-06-2011, 08:18 PM   #28  
mj5

Hi everyone! AMAZING zumba class this morning!!! I was really tired when I got there...yea, that didn't last long

DixC Chix--Ooh, your skirt sounds pretty! And what a bargain!! Gotta love that! I am seriously thinking about getting us tickets to see the traveling Lion King that will be near us in September.How nice to take care of your neighbor. Ugh...that's terrible. I hope she wins in court. Well, the guy we are buying the car from went camping for the weekend (he had told us about that already). He'll take care of everything tomorrow, then with a little luck, I'll be able to register and car ins on Monday...ugh...just want this over!

patchworkpenguin--So glad to hear your eye is doing well. Hope the pain has gone away... How's the new 'do? Wow...going w/ out glasses, that's awesome!

Beverlyjoy--Oh dear...more health stuff, or more of the same? BIG hugs to you! Oh we know where to find you Great job on a healthy day yesterday!

lottie--you are ROCKING this juice fast. Go you!

Tonight, just chilling w/ hubby. Tomorrow, Zumba then reeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx! Can't wait!
Old 08-07-2011, 06:49 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I had another healthy day... I am grateful.

Thanks to all for a nice hello and welcome back.

MJ - nothing new with the health stuff. Ankle/foot and staph infection back and complications with the medicine for the infection. I keep plugging along.

Have a good day everyone.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:39 AM   #30  
mj5

Good Morning! Ahhh, Sunday...a less hectic day for me...just Zumba, then relaxing w/ dh and the sweet beagle sisters. Sounds like a perfect day to me!

Beverlyjoy--BIG hugs to you. Geez Louise...you just can't catch a break....YEA for another healthy day.

I don't know if I have talked about it here much, but I have been talking to a friend of mine on Facebook who is a massage therapist specializing in chronic pain (I had NO idea that's what he did until recently....unfortunately, he lives out of state, or I would just go to him, LOL!). Anyway...my knee has been doing good, but I have been having some issues w/ my foot (plantar fasciitis). I am going to try some massage to address it. With the massages I have gotten lately, it has made a big difference, so he has been giving me some pointers (what to ask for, etc). I am really excited about this because my podiatrist has suggested surgery at some point in the future, which I am not on board with....the recovery sounds horrid. And, besides...with all of the weight lifting I am doing, the massages feel fantastic anyway!

Hope you all have a great Sunday!